OKNOTOK Waiting Leak Thread -- #ReleaseParty #BothCDsInFLAC

FOR THE SAKE OF POSTERITY:

Chano user's MEGA links to his copy of Radiohead's OKNOTOK. All of these links are legit, with pic related as evidence. No more waiting for the FLAC, boys.

(FLAC) Disc 1:
mega.nz/#!caI1jQzY!7D3U65pBPXK21rN4fMM98mpZYSigmMR9OqyuaV42GiE

(FLAC) Disc 2:
mega.nz/#!JGg3EawQ!du75_vR1JzxCZHZue3zMXoyCgmJrvom6UJHgu_G1ZdQ

(MP3 320) Discs 1 and 2:
mega.nz/#F!Vnw1GIha!2IGVs5EjUqVp-kXurF7xHw

Chano user's posts:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DXP1KdZX4io
youtube.com/watch?v=DXP1KdZX4io&feature=youtu.be
recordcollectormag.com/reviews/ok-computer-oknotok-1997-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But is it FLAC with a log?

ur face is a log

BURN!

had no idea that the little beeps at the start of paranoid android belonged to the end of airbag.

can someone confirm this

It's always been that way.

Anyone else a little bugged that they didn't give us the old version Man Of War?

Not always. It is that way on the original 1997 CD, but at the start of Paranoid Android in the 2009 Collector's Edition and in the XL re-isuues. And now in this remaster it's back at the end of Airbag.

oh shit my eyes what the fuck did I just write.
I mean that the original 1997 CD has the bleeps at the end or Airbag, but both the 2009 version and the XL reissue have the bleeps at the start of Paranoid Android.

I like this version but I really miss the "nasty surpirse" line.

(OP)#
Nice pussy

cbf hunting. Is there an MP3 rip of both discs that are REAL?

both versions in this thread are real.

Thom once made those 4 beeps before starting Paranoid at some show, don't remember which one.

omg YES

How different are the remastered tracks? The 2nd CD is worth downloading but no idea if the first one would be unless it's a big difference.

Certain tracks here and there are different enough to notice but not to snag your attention completely. Sections of Airbag and Let Down sound way more defined and open, giving each track of the recordings room to breathe. Hard to explain, really. If you wait a day, you can just sample the remaster on Spotify.

Ty there are 2 pussys, Borks one and my draw

Is that mp3 link that first one? With Disc 2 with noticeable lower volume?

The beeps don't even match up with the beat in which PA starts

Boys!

youtu.be/DXP1KdZX4io

(Nice Video)

Good video

LOG+CUE or fuck off

Just saw it
Radiohead usually has good music videos, or at least interesting concepts for their music videos. This was clearly a quick, low-production-value thing, but it's still neat to have.

I know right? Those Paul Thomas Anderson music videos from last year were absolute kino.

>black shoes
>brown belt
My inner /fa/g is literally shaking right now.

this. If someone actually has the physical disc why is there no rip log

OK NOT OK is proof you'll buy anything with Radiohead's name on it. These B-sides are Not Good and I can see why it took them 20 years to show them to us

There was more than one?
>implying anyone on Sup Forums buys anything
Do you not realize what these threads are about?

My only criticism towards Man Of War is that Thom's vocals sound restrained compared to the live versions.

Is this a prequel of karma police or something?

>buy
>in a leak thread with links to download for free

How is lift? I am in a phone right now so I can't download. Is that child laughter version that leaked real?

A bit slower. Nice, overall. Ed is low in the mix.

Well, besides Daydreaming, there were two videos with Thom and Jonny performing The Numbers and Present Tense, both filmed by PTA

But there still is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED?

>why do people enjoy things I don't enjoy?

One day you'll solve that mystery champ, just keep on trucking

Yeah, just lower in volume.

>listen for the first on speakers
>see no differences between the remaster and the original
>listen for the second time with headphones
>see no differences between the remaster and the original

Only me? I have good headphones and downloaded the 320 kpbs version on the yesterday thread.

I think you're probably a fuckwit if you can't hear a difference

So tell me what songs and what parts should i listen to feel the difference

I will hear it once again

A Head Full of Dreams is noticeably different

This

Hahaha Bazinga!

Let Down synths right before the last chorus, there's a difference. Airbag/Paranoid Android transition too. Centering of sounds in various songs. Pay more attention, there are noticeable differences.

>never heard lift before
>mfw the chorus
I understand why these songs are b-sides but this is excellent transition material between the bends and okc

>This was clearly a quick, low-production-value thing, but it's still neat to have.
I don't know about that, it looks like they were using a motion control rig at least at the beginning of the video before he turns the corner, that sort of thing is never cheap. The whole thing probably needed tons of rehearsal too. Once the camera gets legitimately handheld they're just trying to get the cuts as close as possible, with some occasional tweaking of the framing to get it to match. When he's running you can catch some motion blur going in strange directions which is a definite sign they're reframing or to some extent stabilizing the image for the match cuts.

>These B-sides are Not Good and I can see why it took them 20 years to show them to us
This is not a new song at all, it's been reasonably well known for years.

Everything you're saying is definitely true, but I guess what I'm getting at is that the actual cost of production probably wasn't as expensive as something like, say, Daydreaming or Burn the Witch.

Would be interesting to be the actor involved. I think that'd be a fun gig.

Actually I take that back on a closer viewing. The beginning of the video is just doing the same trick they were doing later on, reframing the shot so whatever's the focus of the shot, or at least what's catching the viewer's eye at that moment, matches either side of the cut, but if you look elsewhere or in the background, they don't match at all.

It's surprising how forgiving a complete cut can be, it had me convinced until I looked really closely.

How do i do it?

I rly don't care for Radiohead so can someone explain to me why Sup Forums is losing it over, from what I can gather, a glorified reissue?

Legit question, not trolling

you can use exact audio copy to rip

my niggas is the official release going to be 00:00 uk time or is it going to be a bit later like in the day or something

It'll be up on streaming services at midnight BST

There are 3 new songs (not so new now) and there's also going to be a cassette on the Special Editions with demos.
Plus the whole album has been remastered which is nice.

Second disc is a bunch of hard to find b-sides, including some that had never been released before

and they all sound great

it's radiohead fanservice but it's great fanservice

3 new songs, 8 b-sides

inb4 the 10th anniversary edition of In Rainbows on 10/10 again

>In Rainbows was as long ago as OK Computer was when In Rainbows was released
My head hurts

2020 Kid A 20th anniversary edition.

How would that even work? Most of the leftover tracks from those sessions were either on Amnesiac or its B-sides

I would assume it would be demos and material that was attempted that wasn't good enough to be used for Amnesiac or b-sides.

Original jam version of Cuttooth would be killer to hear.

>Second disc is a bunch of hard to find b-sides, including some that had never been released before
Not at all. Everything barring the 3 unreleased tracks was available on the first OKC 2 disc reissue that Capitol put out.

youtube.com/watch?v=DXP1KdZX4io&feature=youtu.be

OH MY

>tfw vinyl pressing got fucked in the US
>have to wait till July till they ship
F-feels good to be American!

Reminder In Rainbows is shite and it’s just beloved by a generation who only listened because it was free

here's a comparison

upload it

>implying

Sounds overall clearer to me, some tracks stand out more than others

user please

just downloaded. where the fuck is the cassette?

Thank fuck for the FLAC leak, maybe Lift will be better than the last leak.

Also I love Let Down even more now, wtf

To me, its supposed to start like a race timer starter counting to three and starting off the second song.

Airbag and Paranoid Android are ment to be together for sure and the bloops tie them together.

this is what i want to know

I think the deluxe edition comes with a download code for the cassette.

My vinyl is being shipped from Rough Trade, Brick Lane. I'll be putting it on as soon as it arrives tomorrow morning! Pretty hype for the three unreleased tracks. I Promise was pretty comfy.

I think the vocals on it were actually recorded recently. Compared to I Promise (which was all from 1997) his voice sounds slightly older to me. It's hard to tell though. The strings are definitely new though, the same conductor from AMSP is credited as the conductor for them.

I get why I Promise, Lift, and Man of War didn't make OKC, the moods are clearly different, but why on earth weren't they used as b sides? They're even better than the b sides from then, and that's saying a lot.

Is there gonna be two different pressings like AMSP? If so, I'll get the yuro one, US plants usually suck dick

The remastering is too clean, original is better.

i don't like what they did to karma police. the transition into the "i lost myself" portion is weird, too much bass, the drums and bass are now drowning out the more atmospheric and wide soundstage of the original. it sounds really awkward.

i dunno, i think lift is pretty lacking. sounds like an unfinished demo track. i promise probably would have fitted nicely alongside melatonin but it's like an a-side without an album. man o war...sounds cobbled together. very cheesy instrumentation at points. the mpie version is still the best, even if that one is just grant gee making jarring edits to make the song seem more droney and weird than it was. it seems like this is a collection of takes they threw together for spectre and then weren't able to use. disappointing overall.

They raped a classic album and the new songs all suck dick. Fuck you Thom you hippie faggot.

It'll be midnight in whatever time zone you're in

Honestly, I prefer this new version to the MPIE version. This may be an unpopular opinion, but the "what a nasty surprise" line seemed really forced and unfitting, but that's just what happens when you try to squeeze too many syllables into one.

Their producer did an interview recently where he said that there's far more stuff from the kid a sessions because during the ok computer sessions they'd usually record over unused takes, but for kid a they would just always leave the tapes running.
Plus there's a bunch of songs from then that either never got on an album like follow me around or were rearranged and re recorded like true love waits or nude.

Use an effect DSP to increase the speed of lift by 7%. It will sound much closer to the live version.

user, please upload the 24-bit version.

Is it just me or does Electioneering sound like a mess? I also feel that CUTW was downgraded

recordcollectormag.com/reviews/ok-computer-oknotok-1997-2017

>"Next comes a genuine surprise and a song that doesn’t appear to have previously surfaced online, despite the forensic approach that Radiohead enthusiasts take to the shadowy corners of their career. It begins in a chirpy fashion, with bah-bahs not a million miles from Bacharach’s I Can’t Take My Eyes Off You or The Beach Boys’ I’d Love Just Once To See You, before Yorke coos sweetly about “the joy of the uprising” and a “brief release of some hope”. On this showing it’s not quite an unreleased classic but fans will need to hear it."
>"...a minimal, piano and voice take on Motion Picture Soundtrack, later reworked as the closing track on Kid A."
>"...a young girl reading an expanded version of the nightmarish Climbing Up The Walls lyric that is creepy beyond belief"
>"...a Herzog-like short story on the wonders and potential terror of nature read in the Fitter Happier voice"
>"a stripped-back Talk Show Host with totally different lyrics"
>"...an early version of Climbing Up The Walls with [...] the skeletal beats’n’bass of the trip-hop acts who were making a stir a little further West."
>"...soundboard recordings of various sections of Paranoid Android in the first flushes of development"
>"a studio demo of Big Ideas [...] as it’s revealed the original chorus was “What do you look like, when you’re nude?” [...] Jonny Greenwood adding a prog-goes-to-the-fairground feel to one of the instrumental breaks."
>..."The National Anthem [...] reveals that it could very easily have resembled the sort of latterday U2 track chosen to soundtrack Goal Of The Month reels. [...] It’s very un-Radiohead."

Holy shit

Hype (again)

Sad at no true love waits or last flowers 97 but goddamn that's gonna be good. A new song even! Holy shit

CASSETTE NEED

It's on Spotify now.

They ruined climbing up the walls.

What does inverted mean in this context? Are the channels flipped?

how?