What's the music equivalent of Begotten?

What's the music equivalent of Begotten?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KDQ6-8ggd2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=05bvCtILG6s&t
youtube.com/watch?v=WqUO6XPjky8&t
youtube.com/watch?v=pjGDnX4VZBA
youtu.be/JeoVm2cxtjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nZtJ8a4K6WE
youtube.com/watch?v=A_Hqq-Pd3_U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dungeon synth and raw black metal

obviously

fucking idiot

>dungeon synth

too cheesy

>raw black metal

lol no

More like dark ambient/ritual ambient, early industrial or library music. Stuff like Leichenschrei, Dogs blood rising and Cities in Fog.

Begotten isn't about pedophilia and rape in modern-day urban environments and it's not a documentary

The scene where god disembowels himself elicits a similar gut reaction though

Are we after semantic, syntactic, or emotional equivalence? OP should be more specific.

Wrong.
Ritual ambient and dark ambient are way too tame, not nearly crude and abrasive enough. Leave that shit for generic horror movies. Like I dunno, the Witch or Antichrist or something. As for industrial, it's for modern-day settings, not mythical ones

Raw black metal and dungeon synth are what fits. Admit it.

>elicits a similar gut reaction
no it doesn't
it elicits disgust, whereas Buyer's Market elicits self-righteous satisfaction combined with mild voyeuristic glee.

If that initial thrill isn't immediately counteracted by disgust then I wonder if you're really getting the full value of the piece

I think around 2010 some dudes on here put Begotten on with the first CD of Soundtracks for the Blind and it worked perfectly

How the fuck does dungeon synth fit Begotten? That's the last genre that comes to my mind when I think about the film. Do you even know what dungeon synth sounds like? Get the fuck out with your garbage recommendations.

>Ritual ambient and dark ambient are way too tame, not nearly crude and abrasive enough

Yes because as we all know, Dungeon synth is known for being crude and abrasive. Fucking idiot.

That's not the point of Buyer's Market. The point is that at some point through it, you're supposed to realize that you're desensitized to it and that you're listening to it for perverse reasons like the cheap thrill of self-righteous outrage or closet pedophilia.

unless you're a complete pussy who doesn't even watch the news I guess. In which case you might be disgusted.

youtube.com/watch?v=KDQ6-8ggd2Q

How about some primal, atonal folk from hell? Seems fitting to me.

Yes, dungeon synth is known for being crude and abrasive, it's lo-fi as fuck, simplistic and minimal

you're in no position to be criticizing recs if you don't realize that.

Now you can apologize for being in the wrong.

In what way is that not the dawning of disgust at the self, much in the way that Begotten ascribes disgust as being intrinsic to creation? Born of disgust, we are disgusted by our inevitable return, etc. I don't understand how your argument is actually countering mine.

some pussy hipster shit like deafheaven

something for plebs that think they know horror but are total plebs

disgust at the self =/= disgust at a moving picture of a man disemboweling himself.

disgust at being a hypocrite =/= disgust at mythological concepts

You're reaching like a motherfucker and you know it.

>it's lo-fi as fuck, simplistic and minimal

That's not the same as crude and abrasive. Early industrial is crude and abrasive, not dungeon synth which makes me think of fucking elves and shit.

I assume he's only listened to DS II or DauĂ°i Baldrs

youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ

That makes dungeon synth more fitting for a movie about mythology, yes.

Whereas industrial is fitting for montages of WW2 footage

So is all of modern philosophy dude, get used to it

Anyway, any kind of disgust is disgust at the self since all "beings" are truly reflections of our consciousness seen through various lenses correcting for the degree of "otherness" we ascribe to them

Also many mythological concepts, with the grand paradoxes and all that, can be seen as a base concrete formulation of hypocrisy

Dungeon synth is a childish meme genre, too cheesy, most black metal I'd also childish and cheesy, completely wrong tone for a work like this that is semi serious but is also satirical

yep

Begotten is not about dungeons and dragons, it's not a fantasy wizard 'dungeon' story

Just stop dude, everyone associates dungeon synth with dungeons and dragons and medieval fantasy stuff. Begotten is way too harsh of a film just from a visual perspective to be a associated with dungeon synth. Early industrial mixed with some ritual ambient fits the film perfectly.

youtube.com/watch?v=05bvCtILG6s&t

This makes me think more of the film than this:

youtube.com/watch?v=WqUO6XPjky8&t

I remember I watched this with a friend after we got high as fuck. Worst mistake of my life. Had to turn it off.

Genocide Organ for sure

youtube.com/watch?v=pjGDnX4VZBA

This

ambient noise/industrial noise, cadu tenorio/VICTIM! made a live improv with the movie on in a theater, it was perfect, i was there, sadly it was not recorded as far as i know

youtu.be/JeoVm2cxtjQ

field recordings of a sermon, mixed with harsh noise

Does this exist? That sounds like it would be hella cool, actually.

Let's make it

youtube.com/watch?v=nZtJ8a4K6WE

Katatonia, apparently.

Have A Nice Life

youtube.com/watch?v=A_Hqq-Pd3_U

It would be pretty easy.
>Open applications in audacity as raw data for harsh noise
>edit samples to taste
>import recording of a sermon
>add vinyl or tape distortion through various free filters
>automate compression so it isn't just one consistent level of gross but dynamic
>layer on top of noise track
>add special flourishes or tweek tracks so they fit together better
>play through trash computer speakers and record it on a handheld tape recorder
>drop it off at local record store's tape exchange bin
>?????
>become a fucking legend.
This would actually be sick. can we come up with a universal pseudonym we all use for these types of projects?