Do imperialaboos exist? Are there people in not-America that swear by inches and feet? Just curious

Do imperialaboos exist? Are there people in not-America that swear by inches and feet? Just curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_units_of_measurement
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Christ no.
And honestly I wish old British people were less autistic so I didn't have to know this deprecated system and constantly convert miles into kms and shiiet

>tfw doing design work
>constantly switching between inch and mm for different parts of same design
>sometimes forget to switch either way around and get weird fuck ups in design rule checks
i want out of this measurements schizophrenia

Actually yes, I am. Specifically when doing woodcrafts with a set of classic handtools. Things done in Imperial look somehow nicer and more natural to me than metric stuff. Pic related.

You're a disgrace.

Liberia

Only when larping

>swear by
More like swear at

Although I like the mph speedometer on my car, it makes me feel special :3

I hate metric on motors, but other than that it's a pretty nice system.

I do like our temperature system more though, 0 being very cold and 100 very hot makes more sense to me than -15 being very cold and 35 being very hot.

I do work on my house and I'm forced to deal with this stupid shit because everything related to building in Canada uses imperial measurements.

-30 is very cold and +30 is very hot. makes perfect sense tbf.

die cunt

Plus waters boiling and freezing temperatures are pretty importabt for water based lifeforms. I guess Clapistanians are made from Pepsi instead.

That's because you're a spic.

Two dozen Celcius is hot. Minus a dozen Celsius is chilly.

>made from Pepsi
if only it was so. they are made of teh inferior coca cola

i use MPH and that's about it.

He thinks 0 is very cold. Either a nigger or a spic. In Calgary, people start wearing shorts when the snow starts melting.

>that's because you're a spic

Hey, we use Metric.

>-15 being very cold

Actually, -15 is okay. Very cold temperature is something like -45.

>He thinks 0 is very cold.
*0 Fahrenheit (-18 Celcius)

But that is only regular cold.

Exactly.

Anything below +15 C is too cold
Anything below +10 C is fucking murder

I use 'murrican shoe sizes, since Brazilian measurements are horrible for larger feet.

>t. Greek

All of those except the eggs are completely arbitrary. Even a foot varies so much per person that one still needs a reference.

The only reason you Burgers still use imperial is because you turn everything into a god damn political battle where change is either "infringing on your rights" and "attacking your culture" or so important that the world will literally end without it.

Seems like most people prefer feet and inches when talking about height- at least here.

My mistake, I thought -15-35 was like -20-110 but it's actually 5-95 which isn't so bad at either extreme.

Still prefer a zero to 100 scale though.

I'll concede but Celcius is still retarded for every day use.
It's how eggs are graded, on cartons it'll just be "large" and such. Imperial has nothing to do with "muh rights" or "muh culture", it's that converting a country of 300 million people to a completely different system when ours works (even if it is dumb) is a MASSIVE endeavor that isn't worth the effort or money

I didn't even know that egg sizes were standardized

I still use imperial in everyday life tbqh, and you'll find most old people here, like 65+ use it still

I only like to use miles, the rest is pretty retarded, specially oz.

We were actually converting to metric until Ronald Reagan (our president in the 80s) just stopped it like a fucking autist.

There's still some stuff here that is derived from imperial measurements, although America has some differences with actual imperial measurements, like the gallon. A 44 gallon drum here is a 55 American gallon drum.

Acres are still very common, because land and block sizes don't often change.

Height is still quite commonly given in feet and inches.

that depends on the wind Americoon.

Fuck metric, I'll never be low enough to learn bullshit Euro measurements like that.

Just be glad you don't need multiple systems for different stuff.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_units_of_measurement

>chinese colony calling america spics

>over 1/10 Americans are Mexicans

everyone i've ever spoken to about it unanimously despises the imperial system, it is the absolute pits

>I do like our temperature system more though, 0 being very cold and 100 very hot makes more sense to me than -15 being very cold and 35 being very hot.

Not an argument, you're retarded. Celsius makes more sense because the freezing point of water is 0° and boiling point is 100°, as opposed to 32° and 212° respectively in Fahrenheit.