I've been playing guitar for a little more than half year and my finger is starting to get rashes and blisters...

I've been playing guitar for a little more than half year and my finger is starting to get rashes and blisters. Is this normal? It's getting painful to play barre chords now with these things on the finger

It also itches a lot

On the sides of your finger? You may be allergic to nickel...

Yeah where you usually barre the strings

Push through, you're just building calluses. Don't itch them. You might also have shitty fret ends which are scratching your skin. If you play acoustic and you have a cheap guitar with bad fret ends I recommend a Yamaha steel string, and if electric get a good epiphone les Paul with good fret ends, witch would likely be one of their higher end models. Look for trapezoid inlays and an arched top

Are you the asshole from yesterday who didn't know how to properly clean your strings? Is this some sort of long-form troll?

Been playing over 20 years... all I have are calloused tips

Yeah, on a side note to my callus thing, maybe try new strings.

I actually have a Yamaha F335, I know it's an entry level guitar, but it's still suppose to be good

You need to give your skin some time to heal.
Don't touch your guitar for 2 days, then when you play stop as soon as you start feeling uncomfortable. Repeat 2-3 times and you should be ok in a week.

cut your nails loser. how you about to add them 7ths without a clean 3rd finger?

Dude, the angle where those rashes are is weird, either something is very wrong with your guitar or your way of holding bare chords is just aweful...

Hmm. In any case once you're all good and healed I'd recommend getting an electric. Take it from a guitar nerd, they're q blast. I'd reccomend the epi les Paul as above, or a squire stratocaster. Classic vibe squires are excellent for the price range

This is how I barre, is it wrong or weird?

Do you use a string cleaner?

Also, the comment about being allergic to nickel is a good possibility.

Trim your nails faggot.

Maybe straighten that pointer finger a bit...

Do you have dwarf hands op?

AHVE GOT BLISTEHS ON ME FINGAHS!

No not really, my hands are a bit above average I'd say. Maybe it's the way I'm barring that is wrong?

Your index finger isn't parallel to the fret. Try that. When I tried your version it felt weird and kinda hurt. So parallel fingers.
Nice sg. What year? Definitely Gibson, I like the colour with the gold hardware

I've got dwarf hands and sometimes I barr chords a bit like that, although not as pronounced. It's because my hands are freakishly fucking small.

In any case, it's fine if it works for you. Probably isn't doing you any favors if you're interested in economy or finger placement/movement.

So with all barre chords the index finger should always be parallell to the fret? I've heard some guitar people say that you should barre where your finger is harder, the outer part of the index finger

It's a 2017 Gibby. Just got it a few months ago. Makes me hard.

It's the second one I picked up because guitar center...

Either your hands are small or you have not stretched tour fingers enough before learning barchords.
You are self tought, aren't you? There is a reason certain excercises come in certain points when learning how to play.
Rest a bit, let your skin heal and at least find guitar lessons on youtube, follow them even if you can already play what they show, have patience and learn properly before you develop bad habbits that will be extremely hard to give up later.

Well try having it parallel, you could still use the hard part, and see how it works.

Pathetic. You should've gotten over this in a month. Keep playing idiot

There's a product that you can use. Do t know what it's called, but you rub it on your strings and they get all oily and lubed up.

Nice. Btw, if you start getting tuning issues, try using Chapstick on all contact points, because Gibbs get tuning issues like hell

Yeah I didn't exactly learn barre chords within a month of picking up a guitar for the first time...

So far so good. It's not as bad as some others I've had. When I do a string change I'll probably lube the nut.

Fast fret?

I had that shit when I was a kid. Made my strings nasty as shit.

Yeah that's what it's called. I think it's nasty but my friend uses it and he doesn't bleed everywhere.

bmp

switch to plated strings if you're playing electric. KEEP YOUR STRINGS CLEAN

>not covering two strings with one fingertip
>not using your thumb wrapped around to hold down your low E
>not being able to play a perfect Gadd9 or G6 chord by just adding a pinky
I've been playing for about 10-11 years, but I've always defaulted to doing barre F-shapes like this. It lets you reach out to the higher up 6ths and 7ths since one finger is free to place anywhere.
Standard barre chords on their own are pretty fun though. I do both standard and thumb-wrap techniques respectively to their own genres/songs that need them.

Are you retarded or something?

now I'm curious. Show us your freakishly small hands.

Christ your fingers are disgusting. Maybe the grease from your nasty ass is building up in your strings. You're nasty as hell man. Take a shower and get the fuck offa Sup Forums

I just care about flexibility and phrasing in my chords. Using my fat-ass-man-hands as an advantage.
You must be a fun person to jam guitar with, bro.

This. How about you actually go learn something and come back to us later.

>trying to learn guitar on /b
>spic colored hands

show face and little lady fingers + timestamp

Have a regular barre chord then if you're such a picky fucker, man.
>spic
kind of close. am native american.

Alright red nigger. Slight improvement, now just take that a couple more steps and get the fuck off /b and you'll be all set

Okay zhaagaanash. Dictate your intellectual knowledge of guitar more, please

Can't help it, just got done working on a muthafucking tank!

You should put the finger in your ass. Use your assgrease to natually moisturise your finger.

this one

>SG
Biggest fucking tryhard douchebag model, followed by any overpriced American made Les Paul

>autistic screeching

Thanks, friend.

I use that stuff. It's made in my state so it's cheap and easy to come by. Doesn't gunk your strings if you wipe them between uses.

>wrapping thumb
Terrible fucking technique as proven by lazy niggers like Hendrix.