Ok Sup Forums be real with me, how much does a tattoo really hurt...

Ok Sup Forums be real with me, how much does a tattoo really hurt, I've heard such differering answers I don't know which one is right. For info I'm thinking of getting a medium sized one on my calf. I'm thinking it won't hurt that much because of all the muscle. Also general tattoo thread

pain pain pain so much pain

Depends on where you get it.

Like I said If I do get one one gonna get it on my calf

Don't do it on your knees or elbows

the right one must be from Attack on Titan

if its close to a bone it will hurt like a bitch. get it somewhere with lots of meat or fat, hurts a lot less.

Inner bicep/ anything near the armpit or inside of the elbow is gonna hurt more

tattoo artist with over 10 years exp here.
calf has a sharper burning sensation but tattoos fast. but seriously if youre that worried about the pain why bother? either nut up or dont

Fair point fair point

the dubs have spoken

Calf hurt me like a bitch. Arms, upper or lower, an inch or so from the joints are totally fine.

back or side of calf

That one is on my inner elbow. Wasn't as bad as my inner bicep but wasn't exactly pleasant.

Kek'd hard. So true !

Those both took about 3 hours. But I have a high tolerance for pain. Also it depends on your artist. A bad artist can make what should be an uncomfortable experience into a torture session.

>>BEST DESCRIPTION OF TATTOO PAIN.

It hurts just as bad as you think it hurts, but it does not feel the way you think it feels. Some spots hurt more, some hurt less, but its all essentially the same. Just do it.

I have 70% coverage. Sternum, ribs, and Kneecaps were the most sensitive areas for me personally. Different for everyone.

Depends on the person, the location, and the tattoo artist. If you have a low pain threshold or the type of person that is just sensation to paint then if will hurt more. If you get it in a nerve cluster (joints) or a place close to the bone (chest for example) then it will hurt more. If the tattoo artist really digs in it will hurt more or cause scar tissue if done incorrectly... Don't cheap out on the tattooist.

Also it hurts more when you start but once endorphins kick in and you equalize to the pain you get more comfortable.

Ribs are hands down the absolute most painful. It doesn't matter what your weight is or how muscular you are. There are tons of nerves in that area because there's a lot of important stuff there. Lungs heart etc. I've got 10 and have the upper half of my left arm completely covered and I wouldn't even consider a rib piece

This was my first piece. It took 6 hours. The pain was only a fraction of what it was for the anubis on my elbow