BANDCAMP THREAD

"I think it's time to make a new one" edition.
You know what to do.

Other urls found in this thread:

epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/niezapominajka-very-raw-demo
varsas.bandcamp.com/album/rl-ng
pxlsequence.bandcamp.com/album/valleys-ep
youtube.com/watch?v=5Viv7x5SPu4
scrugley.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=sue4IEcUd_c
fixthesky.bandcamp.com/
in-dreamview.bandcamp.com/album/faction-of-deer
evenoxen.bandcamp.com/
stevejr.bandcamp.com/
dearlaika.bandcamp.com/album/vision-of-st-cross
elemantraband.bandcamp.com/album/nature-trash-ep
svccy.bandcamp.com/album/hidden-horizon
imissmypets.bandcamp.com
catorgan.bandcamp.com/
youtu.be/0IX5uYOf4_A
youtu.be/ve-28U0ZvgE
pinkpots.bandcamp.com/album/the-life-and-times-forthcoming
totallytubular.bandcamp.com/releases
jaredstults.bandcamp.com/releases
currentlywaiting.bandcamp.com/
heyhummingbird.bandcamp.com/album/wholesome-blossom
duchessmusic.bandcamp.com/album/newsong-oldsong
thathousecat.bandcamp.com/album/our-hero-part-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Geez, I don't want to be a first poster... That makes me feel dirty.

epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/niezapominajka-very-raw-demo
>Available only for SEVEN more days
>Melancholic
>Music for the downers
>What one can make after a few days of sleep deprivation
>Few people like this so far, be a next one!

Shoutout to dfn who heard my release and went through with it even after the disappointing first track. Cheers!

Hi guys
FRESH ALBUM
varsas.bandcamp.com/album/rl-ng
>guitar ambient
>psychedelic lush soundscapes
>guitar drone
>drone metal
>harsh noise wall (HNW)

>for the fans of Spacemen 3 and Keiji Haino

The threads have been pretty decent lately

Yeah, it's weird. Seems one OP's freakout shaped some free air into those. Let's hope it's stays that way for a longer period of time.

dang you fast

>fast
I've made this thread mate

pxlsequence.bandcamp.com/album/valleys-ep

>piano >loops >ambient >chill >lofi >experimental

THX for listening and feedback.

Rec

Also, I've been involved in making this song. Trap/edgy cloud rap fans might check it out
youtube.com/watch?v=5Viv7x5SPu4

this has to be the stupidest marketing attempt ever

worse than anything posted here

I like that the bandcamp threads are different.

soundcloud threads are 99% electronic production almost entirely done with DAW's. Which is fine some people in those threads do a great job.

But in the bandcamp threads you get to hear bands and people playing pianos and singing lyrics. It's just a bit more personal.

Yeah, but only a few of these real bands stand out, and many aren't really aware of aesthetics or the genre they're trying to play

scrugley.bandcamp.com/

>depressive & melancholic tones
>from DSBM and narcotic rock to dark ambient and piano based shit
>most of it is based on suburban misery
>not making music anymore
>when prozac no longer helps

reccing
god
dad

desu i appreciate all the threads with original submissions & find certain shitposts completely inspiring (even if they fail to nail their own themes perfectly, as i am also often guilty of this)

youtube.com/watch?v=sue4IEcUd_c

fixthesky.bandcamp.com/

>post-rock
>instrumental

really liking the dark ambient vibe in the thread so far.

liking this especially:

>Youtube link in the BC thread
there are threads for peeps like you and this ain't one of them

HALL OF FAME
Posting albums that I found here, but they aren't getting posted anymore:

in-dreamview.bandcamp.com/album/faction-of-deer
>a completely apollonic approach to music
>combination of math rock and jazz fusion
>soft guitar sounds

evenoxen.bandcamp.com/
>psychedelic christian folk
>lo-fi
>combines indie rock with industrial noise
>the sound reminds me of Between the Dead by Goslings, but without electric guitar
ALSO, HE'S SELLING THE LAST COPIES OF THE CASSETTES FOR DIRT CHEAP, BUY IT TIL' YOU CAN

stevejr.bandcamp.com/
>repetitive stoner metal/drone metal
>vocal melodies
>sweet riffs, no bullshit guitar solos
>amazing lo-fi production, genuine cassette sound

dearlaika.bandcamp.com/album/vision-of-st-cross
>IDM
>chamber pop
>neo-psychedelia
>comparable to Even Oxen in quality, but far more overlooked imho

Even Oxen and Dear Laika are some of the best people to post in these threads, good picks. I'm sure they'll be back eventually.

>digits
I will make a bandcamp once my sleepy female vocalist records (in the next few weeks)
I DO listen to what is posted in these threads btw

Sup Forums is confirmed best board

thank you
i love post-rock please never stop posting

see
happy birthday
never stop recording

>never stop recording
>not making music anymore

WHOOPS!

Spoke to both.
Bersain said he rarely visits Sup Forums, but he'll be back when he begins to record his new album (we'll have to wait for that though, because he fist needs to buy a damn laptop to even be able to record)
As for Dear Laika, he decided not to post on Sup Forums because he doesn't like the toxic attitude of the whole site. I can understand that.

Happy Birthday Sebastian!

START. AGAIN.

Don't let them win
Keep a song in your heart forever

>As for Dear Laika, he decided not to post on Sup Forums

ah damn. I mean yeah that's totally understandable but still it was nice to have some really quality musicians like that around.

You know I'm not him, right? He sold his equipment, he has some psychological problems, he doesn't make music anymore. Deal with it.

>Dubs

I figured .

But you never know who's reading -

I know the feel of wanting to give up completely & have started from square one more times than I'd care to admit.

What the fuck do you have to live for if you can't do what you enjoy atleast SOME of the time ?
You might as well be in jail or on drugs
Time is short , music is very important especially for "working musicians"

It's some type of spiritual release , it's sacred.
People are too quick to smash down & berate someone's "illogical dreams" and it's not right imo

I'm not saying every motherfucker with a SoundCloud deserves recognition or that the poster is the second coming of Christ by any means, but music production is an insanely personal experience that no one should be denied should they feel the urge

Paulo is amused by your deep4u blogpost

>People are too quick to smash down & berate someone's "illogical dreams" and it's not right imo
I'm just gonna jump into this convo here, but I don't know about that dude. The western world is so over-saturated with musicians nowadays, there really is nothing special about it at all. Like self expression is one thing, but if you're posting in a thread like this then you obviously have some desire to extend your creative output beyond yourself, and at that point, really anything goes. If you make art, then you damn well better expect to receive criticism for it. And more often than not it's a pretty selfish act, so I'm not really sure artists should even inherently deserve any kind of respect from others.

And the sad fact is that most of this art is gonna be mediocre as fuck. Some people's time would probably be better spent working on something else, but people are too kind to say otherwise. I mean I have empathy and am not an asshole so I don't go around shitting on other peoples work, but if I'm being honest we probably should be doing that.

Fucking this. 100% agreed even though I'm feeling like I'm the one with the mediocrity that's reaching it's final stages.

And I got shit on 'cause I dare to not call myself an artist

Technically everyone sucks at making music
Humans aren't supercomputers
Of course no one is free from criticism

However,
The impact music has is profound
There is nothing like it

It's memories, ghosts, hauntingly beautiful or intentionally unlistenable it doesn't matter

Beauty will always be in the eye of the beholder

You have to live life loving yourself
And have enough respect for yourself and especially your art

Everything matters. Period.

I mean if you really want to fool yourself that way - go right ahead, I'll not going to judge

>The impact music has is profound
Some music is, and only to certain people.
>And have enough respect for yourself and especially your art
That's fine, but my point is that no one else is obligated to respect it.
>Everything matters.
No it doesn't.

>Visits Sup Forums
>Thinks music doesn't matter somehow

Nihilism?

Everything you ever said or did mattered so much to the point where it's completely unfathomable/immeasurable (incalculable)

Do you believe in chaos theory?

Sorry for derailing the thread and acting like your dad

But y'all motherfuckers need to believe in yourself and continue to become even better
Live ferociously

Normie-tier people wish they were even half as good as some of the posters here & would give their left nut

>Nihilism?
technically, I guess
>Do you believe in chaos theory?
technically, I guess

but whatever, again in practical terms I just don't think making art nowadays is anything special, and thus shouldn't be treated as if it were.

That was really motivating, thanks user

A small jump into this 'cause it's fun, we are finally talking!

>The impact music has is profound
And it's very subjective. One is hit by music and one is moved more by a movie. Generalization is not good.

Your arguments are not fundamentally wrong. But they are based on emotions. So it's sad to say that nobody's going to treat those seriously just on that merit alone.

>Thinks music doesn't matter somehow
Yes, it does. But we shouldn't treat somebody who makes said music like some sort of higher being. That's the whole point which, I feel, you get wrongly.

>But y'all motherfuckers need to believe in yourself and continue to become even better
At one point one must see that he's not progressing or developing in any way, shape and form. What happens then in your view? Your "move forward and believe in yourself" is such bullcrap since you really, REALLY don't understand that each of us, whether a music maker or a gym teacher, has different emotions and thinks differently about certain aspects on the things he/she is doing. Such disregard for the opinion's of others feels like a censorship because you want people to move forward. But if you tell me that I need to make more yet I feel like shit because of what I am making right now?

>Normie-tier people wish they were even half as good as some of the posters here & would give their left nut
Normies don't care about making music. They are more concerned with consuming it.

Also, nihilism it's not even worth mentioning. People who are nihilists are ultimately those who give meaning to the absence to meaning.

We can always become better versions of ourselves & imo should strive to on a daily basis...
>Yet I feel like shit because of what I am making now

Look, I'm not saying everyone should be forced to make art - but NO ONE has a right to stop you; (through circumstance, personal mental health issues, unsupportive family, ECT)

We are not merely victims of a confluence of various forces/marginalized

It is always our own decision who we are

Do what you love
I hope you find a way

>Normies don't care about making music
Then why do they idolize those who are able to produce it?

I realize it may be impossible prove my point as it is an existential one, but i do hope these threads will never stop being posted on this Mongolian-cartoon imageboard

>We can always become better versions of ourselves & imo should strive to on a daily basis...
We should, agreed. But we don't know what's right for us and we will never know. Say that the one stays making his art and, after few years, he becomes miserable af. Then his strive was ultimately in vain and he wasted his/her life in vain.

>NO ONE has a right to stop you..
In a same sense no one has a right to say that one should keep going, right?
If my mental issue is, hypothetically, related to my understanding of the reality then there is a right in that person to perform actions which he finds that said issue forces upon him. And if the issue is somewhat related to the said problem he has to be forced to stop for his/her own safety. After a certain rehabilitation one must then decide whether to come back or not.

>We are not merely victims of a confluence of various forces/marginalized
>It is always our own decision who we are
If we only look at people living in a first world countries than this certainly apply. And some situations are worse than others. Again, that's coming back to my generalization thing - one must not generalize situation of multiple people or see it through his own situation, see?

>Do what you love
What if the said thing also gives me negative effects, on the same level as love?

>Then why do they idolize those who are able to produce it?
Simple - fame, money, power, influence, being popular, handsome, wanted, having what people consider to be a successful life, they do things that only other people can dream for. Desire to create music is secondary to those.

>I realize it may be impossible prove my point as it is an existential one
One thing I think to get from that one - you can prove your point. But when it's based on emotions and the way YOU feel about certain subjects then it's quite hard to take you seriously in that regards. I know your heart is in the right place but, like I've said, your opinions are easy to negate.

Also
>40 posts
>10 posters
Dang, shills really left this place

A salty shitposter was enough for them to leave? Hell yeah

Seems so. Let's see how the threads will look when there will be daytime in US

elemantraband.bandcamp.com/album/nature-trash-ep

>alternative
>shoegaze/dreamy
>post-punkish

released this a few days ago, really excited to release this and the album in a few months. check it out

Recs:
(Gub my boi nice work)
(haven't heard this before it's nice)
(can vouch for In-Dreamview, badass)

>not teddy bear cover
Thank God

agreed; glad we changed that shit last minute. we have artwork for our full album that's coming in August but we had nothing figured out for this (obviously)

Just wanted to let you know I'm making a SoundCloud account specifically because of you

B A S E D

>specifically because of you
And why is that exactly?

Because he realized anyone could make the shit we make :^))

Fug u Gub :

After 6 months I release my second Album Hidden Horizons with instrumental solo made by me. All the material are original nothing are sampled also I added instrumental solo played by me. I'm very proud of this album check it out !!!!!

svccy.bandcamp.com/album/hidden-horizon

>Vaporinet
>Dream
>Vaportrap
>Chillwave

HPB god!

thanks, it really means a lot to me
holy shit steve jr is tight
we need to make more drone stuff

lol this is not even DAW but the america guy
nice memeing

imissmypets.bandcamp.com

>art-trap
>some ambient
>post-vaporwave

my recs:

>art-trap
>post-vaporwave
When I talked about using pretentious ways to describe your music I didn't mean making up genres that don't exist.

>art-trap
>some ambient
>post-vaporwave
Add some grungehop and witch-bleach techno and you'll be set for life

yellow america/10

>sound collage
>there are some field recordings in there
>plunderphonics
>comf

catorgan.bandcamp.com/

recs

This is actually pretty bad tbqh
The speech samples don't add anything, are annoying and painfully distorted
The trap beats are uninspired
"look im so artsy :DDD because its weird"

they are real, you just have to look further t b h

>grungehop and witch-bleach techno
shit genres

yeah i respect your opinion

youtu.be/0IX5uYOf4_A

youtu.be/ve-28U0ZvgE

>shit genres
No dude, you just have to look further :^)

i've hear them. they are garbage

Both Kanye and Madlib are great producers

bumb

pinkpots.bandcamp.com/album/the-life-and-times-forthcoming
>Indie rock
>lo-fi
>electronic music
>emo
I used to post here all of the time but I don't really anymore. Anyways here's my second album which I think is my best output. Grab a tape if you like it a lot. K thanks.

totallytubular.bandcamp.com/releases

I make a lot of music, lots of different genres and styles. Electronic jazz metal classical anything goes music.

Long time no see
Why aren't you posting here anymore?

jaredstults.bandcamp.com/releases

>satanic shitpost
>meme noise garbage

currentlywaiting.bandcamp.com/

i don't really go on Sup Forums anymore, i've been browsing this place since 2012 and it's getting boring

entirely unenjoyable, do not recommend

reminds me of the music playing inside the panda express. you just need to apply yourself and stop being lazy, and you could do good stuff. lazy american art music.

if throbbing gristle was formed yesterday, except the -bad- throbbing gristle.

absolutely charmless, you will never make it until you can produce sounds people want to hear. you can't stand just on your compositions/arrangements

outright embarrassing

i bet you only listen to shitty avant-garde music

nobody cares

i can play somewhat normally and i know a couple songs but i found it funnier to upload dicking around at 3 am instead. being busy makes actually playing hard

>i found it funnier to upload dicking around at 3 am instead

but why would anyone want to hear that? in any way? sometimes, your crayon drawings aren't worth putting up on the fridge, kiddo.

i can't imagine anything in this thread being worse than this in any way. pretentious, self-indulgent, self-centered garbage. Elmo avant-garde. BLEGH

>it's not possible to enjoy this

Wew, we have mister higher moral ground over here. Quick, hide everything you had made for the personal entertainment and posted on Bandcamp in order to gander even a single person who would like your stuff a tiny bit.

uh oh one elitist guy on Sup Forums hates my shit better never make music again

Oh boy, someone call the pediatrician, we have a case of shaken baby syndrome.

Yeah bud, if your work is garbage, it doesn't take an elitist to say it how it is. Go to tumblr if you want babbling morons to mindlessly praise your crap. Or just share it with mommy and daddy instead.

heyhummingbird.bandcamp.com/album/wholesome-blossom

>synth/psych pop
>fun with reverb and delay

you don't have to defend me user, i know my music is brain damaged but i still love it

have you posted something? if it's as bad as mine i will have a newfound respect for you

>have you posted something?

I don't need to beg amateurs on Sup Forums to download my free demos like you, I sell it already.

where do you sell it, my liege?

duchessmusic.bandcamp.com/album/newsong-oldsong
>bleepbloops sort of with acoustic guitars, hopefully shimmering guitar pop
It's a new single featuring a recent song and an older song

the sheer antonym of adventurous, and awful singing. singing in key isn't a hard rule, but people tend to do it for a reason

We distribute well enough, don't you worry. You've laid eyes on more than one record, I assure you. But too many details would defeat the purpose of anonymity, wouldn't it? ;3

you can play across the barlines, y'know. listen to some bill evans.

it's a nice aesthetic, but when you're playing every phrase with the same cadence, beginning and ending at the same points, it's so formulaic and lazy.

the singing is terrible too. just the worst.

>around five minute listen
Yeah, okay, your points do have value for sure

i'm sure i have. there will be a day when i walk into a music store, and every single shelf, every single row, every single product will be labeled with anonymous, aka the unspoken, unquestioned master's name.

>lol im cool because im smart also youre an sjw because i dont like your music because im smart lol
You have literally no justifiable reason to hate on any of these works. You don't expand your opinions towards anyone's works beyond an essentially 2 sentence capsule review, and when you get questioned about it, you just simply call whoever's calling you out a dumbass and think you're some fucking genius. I've personally posted on here and gotten terrible criticism a handful of times, but they've always elaborated on what they don't like and at least I respect it. You don't do shit on terms of reviewing people, and call them out based on one minuscule thing. If you want to be an asshole, do it right

normies get the fuck off my board reeeeeeee

You can be a pussy, but you can't be a pussy with an ego

album finally finshed, take a listen
thathousecat.bandcamp.com/album/our-hero-part-2
>music/score/trip/letsgo

Astute listeners can ascertain criticisms instantly. But dig down and find any excuse to refuse the insight. I'm not the one who's lingering in mediocrity.

>unquestioned master

Quit being a baby dude, take it like a man. Not everyone likes your crap music, so what? I'm not aggrandizing myself, but you need to be more mature and stop being entitled to dishonest praise.

>You have literally no justifiable reason to hate on any of these works

I have ears and I heard them. Justification enough for anyone desu