Just graduated from high school class of 2017

Just graduated from high school class of 2017.
Any advice/tips for the real world? THIS IS SERIOUS

Get a job. Get work experience. Don't instantly get the job you feel you're qualified for. Working at a supermarket stacking shelves for a bit is fine.

>serious
>Sup Forums

Pick one.

Go to college dumbass

Your career comes first (at least for now).
Travel while you're young and free.
Leave this godforsaken place behind.

Become a NEET like me, I'd been doing this for 5 years.

How does it feel to be a burden?

I'd reccommend taking a gap year if you're planning on going to college, especially if you feel you aren't ready. If college doesn't interest you, then you may be better off learning a trade.
Also, is good advice, too. Avoid working in food service.

I was class of 2016, you should just take a break, dont go to college yet, figure out what you really want to do in life, and then go.

kill yourself now.
Everybody who says it gets better after highschool is a liar.

1) Networking is required to get Jobs anymore. Your friends and associates are the ones who get you hired. Without that you can barely get a job at MCDs (since their friends also get them hired there).

2) Unless you're going for STEM in university stay away from it. Go for Technical College instead.

> If you do go to college, make sure you get an Associates Degree in --something-- at about the 2 year mark. That way if anything unfortunate happens and you have to leave college you can come back without taking the stupid core curriculum again.

3) Certificates are a good way to get a blue collar job. Especially HVAC which is in such high fucking demand its unbelieveable (though it takes a good long while to get certified). Though HVAC I dunno can pay up to 6 figures.

Welders can go anywhere in the world and find work, and they get paid at least $40 per hour.

Don't go to college unless you have a real plan. (General studies doesn't count). dont knock the trade schools

Also if you like 3D Modelling skip past all the CGI and art degree shit and just go with Industrial Design

Because that skill is most easily transferrable to CAD/CAM and you can get hired into car parts manufacturing, among other things.

i n d u s t r i a l
d e s i g n

which will also feature heavily soon due to 3d printing and all of its advancements

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin can openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life

if this is genuine advice then why are you still here? im class of '17 as well

what did he mean by this

My parents want me to go to college but I don't feel like it (I'm tired or idk want to do with my life).
I want to go to the military to get me some time to think or some shit like that.
My grandpa and uncle were in the military and I was in Marine Corps JROTC in high school for 2 years and left high school as a cadet sargent.

Same guy btw this is OP

Been out of school for 5 years. My father owns a giant concrete company in Florida so I already had a job lined up even at 16. Enjoy your life while your still young, don't do stupid stuff like get in trouble, do drugs and stuff. That's what ruins people's lives. If you have a dream, go to college and work towards it. Then again, my grandfather had an 8th grade education and built an entire concrete empire in the US with just that. Get it how you live it my friend. Cheers

Don't go to college/university. All dumb fucks here are still brainwashed.

Do a trade. Not a physically demanding trade that will break you by 30.

HVAC service or elevator mechanic. 100k a year within 5 years. And no school debt.

underrated post

What do you mean by brainwashed? By liberal propaganda?

Hey a job and start working on getting your credit up.

Also don't have kids for the love of God.

So make sure your pull out game is tight.

I'm about to have a child soon with a bitch I can't stand anymore so save yourself the stress and don't have kids till you know you're well off.

Military is shit. Wouldn't recommend it if you want time to think. You have more time for that and can get accustomed to "adult life" (whatever that is) by working a small job that pays your rent before you make a serious decision. You are young, you have time. You can work, you can travel, you can live as a neet (fun for some time too). The problem i have with people who go to the military as young guys is that you learn under authority in a time that gives you the first opportunity to really do what you want yourself. I would recommend figuring yourself out before giving your life to the state. Signing up is a binding descision for the next few years of your life so take it serious.

I'm not OP, but I'm also from the class of 2017. I kind of have it in my head I would do something with genetics... And tips?

dont fuck around like me for 6 years

get a job
start getting credit
dont spend money on drugs, in fact, save everything that isnt for basic survival

he's being a cunt, dont bother with him.

Kill yourself

This year will be my 20 year high school reunion. Some thoughts:

> Let go of old relationships, the good ones will stand the test of distance and time.

> You don't owe anyone a fucking thing. Be courteous and respectful, but if someone tries to cut you off or butt in line, tell them to fuck off.

> Work hard, play hard. In that order. Make sure the work is finished before you put it down.

> Don't be a hater. High five people that make an achievement. If you're in competition with someone, keep it respectful, even make it fun. "Winner buys lunch" or something like that.

> Don't fall in love. Not yet, anyway.

> Use protection.

There are other tidbits ive learned over these years, but those are a good start. Enjoy adulthood.

Damn dude you're young as shit. I bet you barely remember 9/11. Time sure does fly. Anyway, just fuck bitches and get money. College is stupid

Suicide is always an option too

saving money should be ur #1 priority

Why would anyone with a brain spend 30k, 50k, 80k that they don't have, to go to university to learn some bullshit and enter a saturated market. No job and shit loads of debt?

I "graduated" my trade, already had a house (in vancouver market) and brand new truck, no debt. Making 100k a year

Which makes more sense?

Also don't breed. Love isn't real. It's all just primitive instinct. It doesn't last either. DO NOT MARRY and DO NOT DATE. Use women as sex objects. Otherwise, they'll use you.

Pumped up kicks bro

Get citations for everything, never take peoples word for something, simply because it sounds nice.
Anyone who claims you are to blame for something you haven't done or participated in are trying to brainwash you and use your guilt for their own means.
Get some experience in hard manual labor, not forever(unless you want to), but long enough to respect the people who work hard to provide a comfortable society for the rest of us.

>THIS IS SERIOUS

This isn't serious. This is Sup Forums.

Post your own fucking Spartan.

Prepare your anus for the anal pounding that is adulthood. Im 34. 4 kids married for 14 years. I love my life. But heres what i would do. Get a job. Save upand buy a truck and a truck bed camper. Drive around the country getting small jobs here and there and live in the camper. See everything and experience everything you can. Then after a couple years, settle down. Build your life. You dont need college just hardwork. Trade school maybe. Live it up until being a grown up happens.

Someone cant get a girlfriend!

Same situation as you OP
I'm overseas and just completed an extended diploma in electronics, doing 2 more years then joining Royal Marines as officer

This is what losers who failed tell other people to also get them to fail.

A college degree is one of the best investments you can make (especially if you don't pick a bullshit degree).

you young faggots have a chance at making something of your newly begun lives, unlike some of us...

Laughable. Me and everyone I work with are in the same boat. We're all losers eh. Cuz the world needs more psychology degrees or art majors and "intellectuals" that can't get a job.

It's pretty fucking plain to see, if you can't deserve where you are

Fucking lobotomized yourself at higher education, didja?

If I do get a degree it would be chemical engineering. Is this a good degree to get?

It's in stem, so you should be fine.
But still, be wary of anyone who tries to shame you for things you haven't personally done.

Stay a beta faggot millenial