So Sup Forums, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to Werner Herzog. Where do I start?

So Sup Forums, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to Werner Herzog. Where do I start?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U03ofzkptDg
youtube.com/watch?v=AxE4yITfRLo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cobra Verde.

Kaspar is my favorite but I'm the only one it seems.

He was in a Flash episode. I didnt like his acting. He is always the bad military guy.

Grizzly Man is a good way to start without OD'ing. It's about a man playing with adorable grizzlies. The Herzog nihilism trickles in and corrupts the the film so it becomes the story of a man getting torn to shreds by grizzlies.

My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done?

Docs, Lessons of Darkness and Grizzly Man are probably good places to start, then just pick some others from his filmography on wikipedia
The rest IE his fiction should fall into place after that

>start?

People are listing their favorites, and thats cool

but *start* w this one-two punch

thats clancy brown you fucking nut cup

His role in Shawshank was his best desu

cave of forgotten dreams is incredible

into the abyss is fucking bizarre if you're okay with seeing how weird redneck america can get

Based Herzog

strozek and enigma of kaspar hauser are the best films and p much all his documentaries are worth checking out

wherever

Both are essential boat-core

Fitzcaraldo
Strozek
Woyzek
The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

Patrician taste right here.

i fucking loved that kino too

La Soufrière followed by Strozek

So what do you guys consider Herzog's strong suit? Is it his documentaries or his fictional work?

Heart of Glass

I atomatically read this whole thread with his shitty German accent in mind. Hilarious.

keep it goin

Grizzly Man is probably the best entry point for documentaries.

Fitzarraldo (probably?) for fiction.

His books are great, too.

Don't start. He is a piece of shit.

The Ghost of Klaus Kinski pls go

That's a great story. Like something from Daniil Kharms or Kosztolanyi.

Werner Herzog was once in an episode of The Boondocks

youtube.com/watch?v=U03ofzkptDg

Nosferatu is like the most atmospheric horror ever. So bizarre and unnerving.

youtube.com/watch?v=AxE4yITfRLo

>Our kitchen crew slaughtered our last four ducks. While they were still alive, Julian plucked their neck feathers before chopping off their heads on the execution block. The albino turkey, that vain creature, the survivor of so many roast chickens and ducks transformed into soup, came over to inspect, gobbling and displaying, used his ugly feet to push one of the beheaded ducks as it lay there on the ground bleeding and flapping its wings into what he thought was a proper position, and making gurgling sounds while his bluish red wattles swelled, he mounted the dying duck and copulated with it.

Incident at loch ness is a criminally underrated horror film.
Happens to be by and star the Herzog,

Reading this in his voice.

I love that one. Best documentary he's done before Encounters.