Do American people have traditional food ?

Do American people have traditional food ?
Eurofag here (Austria)
I was thinking about traditional foods and nothing came to my mind when i thought about the usa, so its your duty to tell me what your traditional food is.
(Hamburgers and Bacon do not count)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_foods
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hot wings?
BBQ?
Biscuits and Gravy?

We eat the souls of the missforunate to fuel the black empire. We don't have time to eat your carb dense eastern block slave food.

We are too wired making drone F-16s and popping amphetamines to care about you

Believe it or not, the Reuben sandwich was created here. Best sandwich ever.
A lot of traditional foods came from other origins because of the amount of immigration we've historically had.

My information may be wrong, but I was told that Americans invented:

>Hot dogs
>Pizza
>Nachos
>French Fries

Basically all the trash we eat here that we blame other countries for

>BBQ is not a food, its a way of cooking meat
>gravy is not fuckin american
But you get 2 points for hot wings and biscuits

oats maybe?

Hot dogs > german
French fries > belgium
Pizza > italy
Nachos > mexico

What did you think while writing this post boi

That is a fair question, since America as we know it today is a nation of immigrants from primarily Europe our "traditional" food varies with the region.

As people from different countries settled down in various areas you had the rise of local food. Pennsylvania for example is heavily influenced by the Germans and Austrians so we have a lot of baked goods that have their roots in that area of Europe.

Same thing with New Orleans, largely populated with French so you have food with ties to France. If there is one single food that is unique to America it is probably Barbecue and even that has regional differences and differs with the type of meat used and the sauce.

So if this is some sort of attempt at an insult the hurr durr Amerifags have no culture you are dead wrong. We have so many cultures that its impossible for a small minded Eurofag to possibly comprehend them.

>Pizza
>Nachos

Are you serious?
When people say things to you, do you just blindly believe everything they say?

Google soul food. Or Cajun.

Especially not bacon, everyone knows that the nation most obsessed with bacon is Denmark.

fettucini alfredo
hot pockets
general tso chicken
budweiser

BBQ is a range of culinary styles that vary between states and regions. It's pulled pork, brisket, chicken, hot sauce, white sauce, slaw, et al

Also catfish and hush puppies

>most "culturally enriched" country in the world
>now tell me about your traditional foods

coolranch doritos crusted tacos

Not that catfish and hush puppies are bbq, just American.
Like Cajun.
Soul food.
Influences of African, European, and Native American culinary traditions

Budweiser is based on a Czech beer called budjovicky.
I've had both and the Czech version is better.

Lulz i was just curious
There are many turks here in austria so we got to taste their foods too.
But the best thing about turkish people here is that they sell top kek here

Coca Cola.

Clam chowder. Pot roast. Pastys. Okra. Cornbread. Black eyed peas. Collard greens. Tex-Mex. Pecan pie. Grits. Hushpuppies. Barbecue. Cajun. Creole. Plus lots of stuff brought over from England or Germany.

>macque choux
>jambalaya
>gumbo
>etouffee
>boiled crawfish

What about fried chicken?

Google
>Traditional native American food
Question answered

The only cuisine that truly originates from the United States are Cajun and Native American.

Stop being lazy and google something.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_foods

hamburgers

Scrapple

Barbecue, soul food, Tex-mex...

The first four might be true, but boiled crawfish has existed in every country that has crawfish since the dawn of man.
Heck there is even a danish word for a party based on eating boiled crawfish, it's called krebsegilde.

That's because it's beer. American Budweiser is carbonated water with a fake beer flavour.

Doesn't mean it's not an American dish as well

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_foods
>bread
wat

Kek

I never said that, what I meant was that it didn't originate from there, since most of the world knows crawfish are delicious.

None of those are American. America didn't invent grilling and spices.

Sliced bread.

PHILLY CHEESESTEAK!!

the two have nothing to do with each other. they aren't even the same kind of ale.

>traditional foods
>implying you must invent it for it to be traditional
No body invented alligators but gator tail is sure as hell a traditional Floridian food

BBQ is classified as both a food and a style of cooking. Gravy isn't American, but the combo is.
Also, Sweet Tea bitch.

>ale

meant lager. I kept thinking about Miller when I was posting. Budweiser is an American style pale lager, has nothing to do with beer or that Czech company.

What is the country of origin for gravy? I would guess Britain but I can't find anything on it

soul food

>waffle
no
>steamed clams
no
>steak
What
>sandwich
...?
>Peanut butter
keep trying
>hot chicken
Guess the world was eating cold chicken until now
>hamburger
Doubt it
>Doughnut
no
>Bread
Fuck off.

Why do people open ylyl thread if they could just google funny pictures smh lazy people

Just because it didn't originate in America doesn't mean it's not a traditional American food.

I'd say anything served at a Thanksgiving dinner would be called a traditional American food.

nuggets

with immigration you mean everything except native Americans right?
Also wasn't corn the only thing the first "Americans" ate for years because no other farming and war with natives? That could count as traditional food right?

>hotdogs, german

the idea of the sausage comes from Germany, the act of placing it in a roll and eating it with condiments originated in the USA.

>French fries, Belgium

Americans have been eating fried potatoes since before we were introduced to the French cut method. so this is kind of a stale mate imho

>pizza, Italy

I have had the pizza in Italy, and the similarity is in name only. the kind of pizza we make in the USA originated here and has very little in common with Italian pizza.

>nachos, mexico

negative. its what we call "tex-mex" which is a kind of food that originates in the USA but under heavy Mexican influence. True, nachos were first made in Mexico, but they were made to feed Americans. Look it up.

>what did you think while writing this boi

that you yuropoors would actually try to have a conversation instead of screaming "NUH UH IT CAME FROM EURUP FIRST HUEHUEHUEHUE"

Hot "dogs"? this is in china

Ranch dressing

Corn based foods (cornbread) , Potato based foods (mashed potatoes) could be argued are traditional becuase the plants themselves originated here.

corn and potatoes are traditional crops, yes. so are tomatoes.

You forget potatoes and tomatoes originated in the Americas.

Turkey. You fuck face

Boi i really did not want to insult americans, sorry!

Eggs Benedict
Barbecue
Buffalo Wings
Sloppy Joes
Jambalaya
Philly Cheesesteak
Pilgrim/Puritan
Clam Chowder

We've actually made a lot more desserts, no surprise here
Banana Split
Cheesecake
Brownies
Cupcakes
Doughnuts
Frozen Yogurt
Fudge
Funnel Cake
Ice Cream
Jello
Oreos
Smores
Key Lime Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Milkshake

O dam ur right

Please don't mention key lime pie, every time I hear of it, I lament the fact that live on the other side of the planet. It's just so fucking good.

>It was made somewhere else first, but we also make it xDxDxdzx
How id this shit supposed to prove anything, kid?

yeah, its pretty good. chowder is my favorite tho. I don't know how you can live over there without clam chowder.

I know im right. America has a rich history for a country less than 400 years old. But they dont fucking swallow cock and harp about traditional food. They actually just take it for granted. Because that is humility

Look.
It.
Up.

nachos were created to appease American tastes. That, almost by definition, makes it an American food. It wasn't created for Mexicans, it was created for us.

Grilled T-bone steak with mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn on the cob.

BBQ is meat you eurofag. I'm a yankee and I know that for Christ's sake.

Yeah clam chowder is great, it's the fact that I have all of the ingredients nearby if I want it that makes it less important to me than key lime pie though.
You can almost only get good Key Lime pie in southern Florida and since I come from and live in Denmark, I don't get to go there often to eat it.

This and creole probably. Hard to have traditional food in the same sense as the rest of the world when everyone's a fucking immigrant though

Did you try freedom? Because that's the most delicious meal we have.

yeah ur a fuckin idiot bud

bait/10

barbeque is a cooking method. anything, not just meat, can be barbequed.

meat that has been barbequed and then covered in some kind of sauce during and after cooking is the most common type of barbeque in the USA, so that alone is why we simply call it "barbeque" or BBQ.

Here in the South, we refer to all kinds of soda as "Coke." Just because we call a Dr. Pepper a "Coke" does not mean that Dr. Pepper is Coca Cola. You need to stop playing word games, user.

I've visited your home several times.
The freedom I witnessed there wasn't much different from the freedom we have here.

Pizza
Spaghetti
Tacos
Crepes

And the list goes on and on

This. I've also been to Italy and I've had margarita pizza, and it's a stretch to say that American pizza is similar. Italian pizza consists mostly of a flat bread base, smeared tomato paste, oregano and some light vegetarian toppings. I don't think they even use cheese or meats but I could be wrong.

Also I've been to Mexico and nachos are most definitely not a thing. Neither are burritos, at least nothing recognizable since American burritos are stuffed with meat and cheese while Mexican burritos are usually just bean paste with some cheese and a bit of meat. No lettuce or tomatoes.

and you didn't get ur grade 12 bud.

yeah, its common for them to try and claim our pizza as being a rip on theirs, but the two are just not the same. and if they want to play the whole "well, we put tomato sauce on bread first" game, then I will gladly play the whole "tomatos come from America" game.

and yeah, tex-mex gets taken for granted. a lot of stuff people think is "Mexican" is not at all Mexican or only Mexican American at best. but such is life, being an American. they will claim "we have no culture" and then turn around and bitch about us exporting our culture all over the world.

I have to agree, I've been to both Italy and Mexico. I ordered the margarita pizza in Italy and it was just a flat base bread, smeared tomato paste and some oregano with sprinkled vegetables, sometimes. No cheese, and no meats. As far as Mexican nachos go, they don't typically eat them. A perfect example of the misery is that an American burrito, is stuffed with meat, cheese, beans, rice and lettuce or tomato. Not the Mexican burrito. It's usually a tortilla with refried bean paste, light meat and some cheese. Quite a stretch for those two meals to be considered similar to their origins.

"Hot chicken" does not mean it's heated up dumb ass.

i believed it. then I googled the ingredients.
>corned beef
>sauerkraut
>swiss cheese

>english
>german
>swiss

and for all the weirdos among you: it was invented by a jew. i bet that is somehow of importance to some of you.

When the creator was mexican and the dish made in mexico, why would the guests' nationality matter? Classic greasy murican logic

My bad, double posted cuz phone signal sucks shit

um, because what makes a dish belong to a culture or not is based around whether or not it was made for that culture? I mean, do you consider McDonalds to be part of your culture just because they make the hamburgers there?

French fries are from France idiot

so if the ingredients for something don't originate in the country that its made, then the dish isn't part of that country's culture? if so, you yuropoors are fucked if any of your dishes contain corn, potatoes, or tomatoes.

xD

Isn't Cajun a style of cooking rather than a food?

Everything in this world is derivative of something else, why are you being all tribal and calling people yuropoor?

I think ultimately, a lot of American food is kinda like this list. You got certain types of stuff people brought here from other cultures, but over time after they got to the US, it was applied different ways.

For example, somebody said reuben sandwich at the top. Apparently, it was invented by some jewish guy in Nebraska, according to google, whether thats true or not, meh... But I know for a fact sauerkraut is German, and has been around since before America was even a thing in Europe's eyes

I'd imagine a lot of "American" food is like that

so then there you go. the reuben was invented here, why does the origin of the ingredients matter enough for you to post about it?

No, they are from Belgium, but Mamericans don't know the difference.

Gumbo and Jambalaya aren't Native to any other culture that I know of.

There are also Crawdad boils that I don't believe are traditional in any other culture.

I didn't, I was just reacting to your post.
I'm the guy who was gushing about key lime pie earlier though.

we only call them French Fries because they are French cut. they don't come from france, the French don't prefer to cut their fried potatoes that way.

Biscuits in America are scones.
Biscuits in Britain are sweet.

How different can you make boiling a crawfish?
It's water, salt and crawfish.
People have been doing this all over the world since we discovered crawfish.

Yea, but someone could argue with you that there's a heavy French influence in a lot of Cajun food

An American biscuit is nothing like an English scone, scones have always make me think of really big chocolate chip cookies that someone fucked up and never put any chocolate chips in

Yes but do your boils look like this?

"influence" and "origin" are not the same, user

Theres alot of native american and spanish influence on Mexican food, but its still its own thing.