How fucked was Hugh Jackman at the end of this movie?

How fucked was Hugh Jackman at the end of this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_PUE8fYxjq8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he was the real prisoner

didn't he get rescued using the whistle tho?..

>LOL WE KIDNAP CHILDREN TO TROLL THE GOD BET YOU DIDNT SEE THAT ONE HUH XD
10/10 writing

>today's hip new "method" actors trying to portray a police detective

yeah that was a real shit explanation.

yeah but he kidnapped and tortured a kid that was drugged to retardation

first serious hugh jackman movie i watched. made me realise he can act and hes not just singing dancing fag wolverine

He'll be fine

So let me get this straight

The husband of crazy lady is a killler that the priest took and killed after a confession. He'd been in priests basement for a long time and Lady killer had no idea. They also kidnapped Paul Dano at a young age and changed his name but no one recognizes him because they drugged and held him captive until puberty presumably and then started walking around with him in public and started claiming that he was their nephew

Maze and kid clothes guy isn't connected to the story at all and is just a red herring but his obsession with recreating murders with mazes helps the detective realize the Ladies husband is the invisible killer

He's good in The Prestige as well.

Get fucked, Jake's performance was great.

What? who the fucks this invisible killer you're talking about? It was the lady and Dano working together the whole time.

Dano was hella complicit in the abductions and murders of tons of children though. Not innocent at all.

the invisible killer from the book they talk about whiile looking at weird kids house. I assume the invisible killer is the couple (old lady and guy in priest's basement)

That doesn't excuse shit

still can't do that. Dano was basically pic related

Jackman was completely right that Dano knew shit about his kid. So you fuckers are retarded. So being an autist excuses you from multiple child homocides, but torturing said autist for information where your fucking children are, when he does in fact KNOW what the fuck happened, isn't excusable?

from the book? I didn't read the book faggot, go back to /lit/

What kind of backwards medieval understanding of the law is this? The movie is set in the first world, you don't kidnap and torture anyone, no matter their culpability.
If you kill a baby killing pedophile necrophiliac sick fuck of the highest order, all you are in the eyes of the law is a murderer and you'll be tried as such.
There's no such thing as justified murder/torture/whatever.

you're retarded.

They found a book on the crime scene in the movie and the book is about a killer that the FBI couldn't find. The kid that killed himself was trying to recreate the killings in the book but the killings were similar to what the lady and man were doing with children

the skeleton in the chair

Why the fuck is "the law" so important when this was a movie about justice and morality. You're a massive retarded hypocrite for referencing "the law" to contradict justice and then you say, "there's no such thing as justified murder/torture/whatever" when according to the fucking law there is. Imprisonment isn't torture? death penalty isn't murder? Holy SHIT! I bet you didn't drink before the age of 21 because "its the law." Did you know that not being able to understand morality is a symptom of psychopathy? They think that speeding is just as bad as murder because "muh laws." Also I guess assassinating a murderous dictator is wrong too because "le murder" stupid child.

I don't remember this shit at all senpai.>>

The OP asked essentially what kind of criminal punishment Jackman's character would receive
That's what everyone in this thread is talking about
Did you not even read the OP?

In Michigan adultery can get you 4 years in prison. Laws, eh? Only retards don't aspire for morality instead.

The guy in the church basement was her husband.
I think the guy with the snakes and shit was also captured by the family, but he escaped.

yeah, that's what I got out of it

Maze and clothes guy was also captured by them, but her escaped I think.

If you are the person I was initially conversing with, you're simply just dismissing all my points through a technicality? ok faggot. Also, you're asking if I read the OP or not, yet you seem to be the one having reading comprehension problems, otherwise you would understand that I am positing the opinion that he shouldn't be punished based on the fact he was factually correct as well as morally justified. Or maybe you're just a fucking retard. most likely.

I feel bad for Dano's character.

He got turned into a fuckhead by the couple, but he did know shit about the captured girls. It's really not his fault, but he was part of it.

why didnt they end it with jackman sitting in a cell as the camera pulls back and ends when we see bars and jackman inside it

Why didn't Loki use the wailer?
Does he not have one?
Why doesn't he have one?

Why does there need to be some deep explanation for their motivation? Some people do fucked up shit because they are fucked up.

Why? obviously he was complicit otherwise he woud have just released the information to Jackman before the torture even started. It is entirely his fault and he probably also ensured the deaths of Jackman and friend's children. Entirely his fault.

fucking retard.

the better question is, how jacked was hugh fuckman at the end of this movie?

I don't think a judge would take your side

I don't understand why you're getting so upset about this
I've not even put down any opinions or personal views
The question is why would (would (objective fact), not should (issue of morality)) Jackman's character get punished for what he did, and the answer is because it's against the law. If you disagree with the way the system of law works that's fine, most people do to some extent or another, and yes under a different system his actions would have been seen as entirely justified, but the fact remains that that was not the system of the setting of the film.

What do you mean. Was there some mutagen or radioactive spiders in the pit?

I got your back man, the guy you are arguing with is probably young or from some shithole

Actually there was a dad who straight up killed his childs molester.

He only got 4 years probation.

Yep. Shit happens all the time.

Was it premeditated?

He was retarded. He didn't know what was happening.

What about Jackman and his neighbor in separate cells opposite each other, Jackman is sat on the floor running a rusty metal cup back and forth against the bars and the black guy is nervously clutching the bars of his cell, then a prison guard walks past and says I guess you guys were Prisoners all along, smash cut to credits

idiot

no jury wll convict him .. the fucking weirdo was in on it the whole time.

The ending of Prisoners held it back from being a truly great movie. You can't have 95% of a movie being dour and depressing and then pull off a cliche hollywood ending. The girls never should have been found, Jackman should have died in the pit, and Dano should have died locked behind the walls.

When did this become a fucking trial? I thought this was just a bunch of basement dwellers expressing their opinions about a fictitious character and his shenanigans on a fucking chinese anime board. By the way, thanks for the ever so enlightening comment. Also, did you know that except for married couples, sex is completely banned in Virginia. No matter your age or your partner's, breaking this law results in a Class 4 misdemeanor.

youtu.be/_PUE8fYxjq8

Here

>did you know that except for married couples, sex is completely banned in Virginia. No matter your age or your partner's, breaking this law results in a Class 4 misdemeanor.
You keep stating this stuff as if anyone you're arguing with is claiming the rule of law is infallible

Wait where are you getting any of this from?... The OP simply asked our opinion on "how fucked" he is. Nothing about "woulds or shoulds" or this shit about the law. Simply our opinions on how "fucked" he is. And "fucked" could mean many things other than punished by the law specifically. Also if you are perceiving me as upset in any way, maybe check yourself because text is inherently emotionless other than what you project onto it. Also, I don't think he would be fucked at all since Dano is retarded and wouldn't be able to tell anyone what Jackman did to him. He would go free and they would catch that sick psycho bitch after he got freed from the cellar.

So why did he get off so lightly? Because of the jury system? That's straight off premeditated murder.

>catch that sick psycho bitch

What? Gyllenhall killed her.

after credits scene:
>Finally after all this time we are Pris•ners™

Actually there is, by the law. For example a guy who kills his wife's rapist isn't a "murderer" but would get tried for "manslaughter", ie lesser sentence, in my country.

Nice opinion edgelord. You can. They did. Fuck you. For most normal, non autistic humans catharsis is very effective and is what made the movie so good. Go peel the skin off your dick again or something.

It is not infallability. You are actually the only one who ever even referred to it. You are simply commenting that you look at this situation from the eyes of the law, while I have stated clearly many times I am approaching from a standpoint of morality. Yet you continue to ignore that obvious fact? Are you retarded? Seriously, only mentally challenged people do shit like that.

I bet you hated the ending of the mist

Because of morals and shit yo. You, know, morals? that shit that existed way before the law? and trials and shit?

I hated the entire movie because it has absolutely shit acting, shit effects, and shit characters. Shit production and shit everything desu.

>And "fucked" could mean many things other than punished by the law specifically.
You can read it as 'How morally compromised is Jackman's character' if you want but I think you know as well as I do that isn't what the OP meant
>I don't think he would be fucked at all since Dano is retarded and wouldn't be able to tell anyone what Jackman did to him
Jackman was a suspect in Dano's disappearance the entire movie, Loki was almost certain he had kidnapped him, Jackman also had Dano trapped in a property he owned, that's a hell of a coincidence to overlook. Dano also wouldn't need to tell anyone what had happened, he would have been found in a shower with bad burns and it would be apparent that he had been beaten. This is pure assumption here but having seen the movie a few times I would also imagine that, knowing his daughter is safe and alive and that he effectively did save her in a roundabout way, he would confess to the kidnapping and torture and would take his punishment for doing what he felt was needed.

All these "muh laws" faggots btfo. He would have gone free.

Morals? Why don't we hand out death sentences for aggravated assaults then? Those easily leave more lasting damage than what the kid went trough.

At least they should pay lip service to the fucking alien concept that murder is wrong.

mitigating circumstances maybe?
I've studied law for only two semesters and then quit because I didn't like it so obviously i'm not an expert but from what I understood, the crime murder is sentences higher than the crime manslaughter.
However, fulfilling the criteria for murder is really hard. There has to be premediation, as you said, but also it has to be an especially brutal, insidious, for shitty reasons (greed for example) and some other stuff I don't remember. Fulfilling these criteria can be difficult, so for example a man who kills his children's molester doesn't have vile reasons at all (although you could argue revenge is a vile thing to do depending on the case).

lol, no

The law does not like vigilantes. He may have had public support if it didn't turn out that Paul Dano used to be a cute little child abductee

I agree completely, and "how morally compromised" is exactly how I interpreted it. But if Jackman ever went to trial the fact that he "effectively did save her[his daughter's] in a roundabout way," a jury could easily come to a not guilty verdict, most likely a hung jury. Which would either free him of charges or make him un-triable.

Not him but that ending was great. Actually laughed and then felt bad

uhm. no. we don't do that because its completely retarded and morally unbalanced.

wait what? are you sane?

juries like vigilantes though. rekt faggot. Also, I'm sure that in the eyes of anyone, the lives of two young girls far outweighs that of a murderously complicit retard.

You can't act like the logical one when you advocate for people to be forgiven of sentences that would normally land you decades in prison

For one there's no real reason to think that he'd do it again.

There is no reason to treat a man who kills his child's molester the same as someone who kills someone to steal their wallet. The act of killing itself is pretty meaningless without context.

>Finish watching Prisoners.
>Come to Sup Forums
>Ongoing Prisoners thread

Why do you have to resort to bringing in tangential elements to this discussion simply to have something to critique? "Acting like the logical one" was never my intent. Being logical wasn't even a part of this discussion until you used it to straw man your way here.

I guess you've never heard of fucking self defense? Jesus christ this guy is talking about logic when he doesn't even have the mental capacity to use it.

he died

This happens more than sometimes to me aswell, it's kinda freaky desu.

Based Jake pulled him outta the hole.

I remember when the trailer came out and everyone thought Jake Gyllenhall and/or the black friend were in on it.

One count of cruelty to animals

>Many states will authorize punishments that include up to life in prison for an aggravated kidnapping charge, whereas a standard kidnapping can range from 1-20 years. Though the exact ranges will vary, the doubling of sentencing ranges for aggravated kidnapping charges occurs in every state.

so that, tied in with multiple accounts of assault and battery, maybe even attmepted murder. But taken into account that Classic dan was involved in the kidnappings and maybe even murders (unkowingly) and was semi retarded he wouldnt press charges or know how if he wanted to. And jackman was injuered and almost died, so all that sympathy too. Id say 7-10 years in jail, with possibility of parole

>Virginia
>Sex is regulated

P O T T E R Y

but he couldn´t hear him

>i am not capable of postconventional thinking

>i am 6

Of course he did. Loki figured out this whole thing more or less on his own. Pieced together a bunch of clues and details to find out the truth.

He's not gonna hear that whistle a few times and say "Must be my mind playing games."

OP here, I got it after all the Arrival threads and I found out the director (Villenueve) has made some really good movies

This eloquence. One day I will gain internets the way you are capable of. I strive to be you.