Will we ever get a good Ayn Rand album? I fucking loved Atlas Shrugged and Objectivism is god-tier ideology...

Will we ever get a good Ayn Rand album? I fucking loved Atlas Shrugged and Objectivism is god-tier ideology, but the album of 2112 sucked.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laissez-faire
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

libertarians are retarded

>I fucking loved Atlas Shrugged and Objectivism is god-tier ideology
good bait

>I fucking loved Atlas Shrugged and Objectivism is god-tier ideology

*tips fedora*

Is this bait

Mad Max is easier to digest and does the same job

>Objectivism is god-tier ideology

Objectivism is fucking gay t. Ancap.

About to start reading this for the first time. What should I expect?

Isn't it mostly about alloys?

Commies have invaded Sup Forums
>>>Sup Forums

Come home

expect to lose about 20 IQ points

Sup Forumslacks are the ones that have invaded. gaymergate metastasized the cancer into Sup Forums

You'll realize that all of the hate it gets is memehate and it's just a decent book about trains.

Permanent virginity

It's not even a good book if you somehow ignore her shoving objectivism down your throat every goddamn second
Literally every single main character is a selfish unlikable shithead, Dagny Taggart has less personality than a fucking Death Cab record, probably half the book is one of the perfect Mary Sue capitalist elite MCs rambling for multiple pages at a time about how much they rule and even the basic plot barely makes any sense. The richest and smartest people in the United States are sick of the government regulating them and hurting their ability to make money, so they give up all their possessions and go become farmers in a commune in the mountains. Jesus Christ.
We The Living is the only Ayn Rand book that could maybe pass for acceptable literature and the MC is even worse of a human being in that one

idk, Ayn Rand's last mixtape gave me high hopes for her next album

Republicans know she's based af

>The richest and smartest people in the United States are sick of the government regulating them and hurting their ability to make money, so they give up all their possessions and go become farmers in a commune in the mountains

It was prophetic and before its time. The modern day american rightwinger is indeed indistinguishable from your typical 1970s loony hippie.

>The modern day american rightwinger is indeed indistinguishable from your typical 1970s loony hippie.

>all these mad relativists ITT

Shitty book, and shitty philosophy. Its funny to see objectivism praised on a board where calling Eels shit merits the typical "but user, music is subjective"-response

Anthem has a pretty cool concept aswell

>willingly admitting to being devoted to any ideology
wow

>Having beliefs/morals is retarded

The ironic thing is taht this games title is the as one of Ayn's books

how is rationalized psychopathy going to produce anything but mainstream profit-first trash

>Sup Forums is unable to deride Ayn Rand's ramblings and resorts to shit-flinging in hopes it makes them look smart

You don't even know what objectivism is. Consider yourself lucky I guess

Good sir, you are an objective moron. This magnificent piece of literature is the truth by which we will be able to combat tyrannical government, people of color and feminism or what I like to call the three evil that haunt western civilization. If you support any of these evils you shall be thrown out of a helicopter so we can finally unleash full human potential. But first we must cleansen this degenereted place from the filth that is you. You are a gross product of the marxist culture that exists in public government education. Shame on you! *dissappears in an explosion of fog*

I'm happy objectivism is so universally agreed upon to be a terrible ideology that its only purpose is to bait or signal that you're an idiot

Its comforting to know that despite all of our differences there are a few things the majority of mankind can agree on

best post in this thread

imagine how butthurt ayn rand would be if she was still alive

Can you explain what objectivism means? I don't understand that shit on wikipedia.

she would still be on welfare in public housing

For the uninformed I can tell you this is a meme from Sup Forums
Also both 2112 and Fly By Night were decent albums

The short version is that it's a retarded attempt to claim that laissez-faire capitalism is the logical end-point of objective morality or something along those lines

expect fan fiction-tier writing

I know what objectivism is, I actually am reading through AS for the first time and a college friend of mine is a hardcore objectivist.

I am just memeing

Get better friends

Get better books

Dream Theater is the embodiment of Ayn Rand's philosophy.

Philosophy school that was important in the 20th century during the cold war to make stand against leftist ideology like Marxism and Frankfurtians, just like the austrian school of economics. It bases itself around hardcore individualism, rationalization, selfishness and disdain agaisnt any kind of compassion centered ideologies like christianity, welfare-state policies, hippies and of course, communism. Some neat stuff can be found there but declaring yourself as a objectivist and agreeing a 100% with it's ideology may get you some nasty looks from people and you might get called a retard.

>American 'libertarians'
pls

>100% with it's ideology may get you some nasty looks from people and you might get called a retard.

Its well deserved
Its literally a school of thought that has us regressing back to a prehistoric period where humans had not yet learned to commune and embrace social contracts

Nah, it's fun to have someone to talk about trains, kinectic motor engines and magic alloys.

But what is the argument for this? Is it a dogmatic ideology that tells people to be like this (rational, selfish)? Does it say that's how humans are? What are objectivists exactly arguing for?

Just started reading it recently. It's pretty dry. Mostly about trains. Very pro capitalism. That's about it. I kind of like it.

It is really complicated and long, you must read into it and informing yourself on the subject through Sup Forums memes may get you a distorted vision on the subject. But I could tell you that yeah, it is pretty dogmatic in most points, I know objectivist that try their best to be 100% sincere and always tell the truth because that would be going against it, which leads to funny and akward social interactions. And nope, it doesn't say that's how humans are but it's what they should strive to be if they want to be succesful, this why people acuse objectivism of being a justification of psycopathy.

I see. Seems like an ideology that is doomed to fail if it tries to convince everybody of certain values while at the same time arguing for liberty. I'm also wondering if there's an argument in there why they believe it's the ideology that would make humanity most successful (and what successful means because that seems pretty subjective to me). Thanks for the info.

This is exactly what I expect to get out of it.

>Some neat stuff can be found there but declaring yourself as a objectivist and agreeing a 100% with it's ideology may get you some nasty looks from people and you might get called a retard.

That's because even Egoists hate Objectivists.

The ideology has the issue that it creates an ubermensch through very little effort outside of actual attempts of self-betterment. Another issue is that Rand usually equates that those who have more wealth are closer to such heights of human potential, when wealth in the modern age can be easily inherited.

Furthermore, she likes to argue that those who do try to climb and innovate are largely hated publicly by American society, when in fact we covet our innovators, such as Steve Jobs.

>Seems like an ideology that is doomed to fail if it tries to convince everybody of certain values while at the same time arguing for liberty.
The whole point is that objectivists thinks that those moral values are the most reasonable ones you can get, not that you could choose other values because that is up to you. For example, Ayn hates religion because she thinks compassion and empathy leads to collectivism and collectivist values are irrational and dangerous since it always ends up justfying wars, persecution, relativization of one's right to live and tyrannical governments; but however she also advocates for religious freedom. The reason to that is that she believes you have the right to choose ignorance, but you should know that you are retarded for choosing it and you should try to not drag society down because of it.

>Furthermore, she likes to argue that those who do try to climb and innovate are largely hated publicly by American society, when in fact we covet our innovators, such as Steve Jobs.

IMO, I think that people hating on Rearden in Atlas Shrugged is a metaphor for the Bolshevik mindset that was all over the world during the time the book was written, not forgetting that she ran away from the URSS when she was in her late 20s

Objectivism =/= libertarianism

wrong

A great book

nope

It's a Sup Forums meme

>just a decent book about trains.
no

So all you have against it is a negative emotion? Great arguemnt, champ.

She hated republicans and most of them are lefties anyway

Objectivism is about relative morality.
>Shitty book, and shitty philosophy
no, and no
It's not psychopathy
Objectivists aren't anarchists or hoppean shitheads.
lel
>The short version is that it's a retarded attempt to claim that laissez-faire capitalism is the logical end-point of objective morality or something along those lines
wrong
no
>lol it was just a contrarian thing guise!11
>Its literally a school of thought that has us regressing back to a prehistoric period where humans had not yet learned to commune and embrace social contracts
nope
That's completely wrong, morality isn't decided by society in any manner.
>IMO, I think that people hating on Rearden in Atlas Shrugged is a metaphor for the Bolshevik mindset that was all over the world during the time the book was written, not forgetting that she ran away from the URSS when she was in her late 20s
hell no

>objectivisim
>morality

autism

Well the issue with objectivism is that the whole concept is that there is objective truth (okay that's philosophy), that this truth can be proven (sorta philosophy), that Rand figured out most/all of that truth (crazy), and that arguing against this claim is futile because Rand proved it harder than gravity and this shit is OBJECTIVE, so no argument can be made against it (not really philosophy at all).

Even if this was some kind of ultra left/hippie/commie whatever ideology it would still get mocked super hard for calling itself objective and closing itself off to all arguments.

Is this /lit/ version of XV-kun?

okay

>that Rand figured out most/all of that truth
that never happened, an you're pulling that out of your ass.
>and that arguing against this claim is futile because Rand proved it harder than gravity and this shit is OBJECTIVE, so no argument can be made against it (not really philosophy at all).
You don't even know what Objectiivism is.
Who cares?

now this is what I call a music-related thread

>lol it was just a contrarian thing guise!11

Hey don't get me wrong, I prefer a 100 objectivists sucking Ayn's dried-up clit than one single tumblr progressive, but you can deny that in the context that it was inserted into it served just like the austrians economists to fight lefties in the cultural and academic war.

best thread on the board right now

>Ayn Rand
>God-tier ideology

Choose one and only one

Nobody's idolizing Ayn Rand like that, she wrote the books and she was great but nobody is take 100% of her words as gospel or whatever.

And just because an ideological position happens to have an opposing side, doesn't mean either side is necesarily dependent on the existence of the other side.

And austrian economics is very similar but they ignore morality and differ sometimes onn critical issues.

already there

>Sup Forums talking about politics is like Sup Forums talking about music
Who'd have thought

>Ayn Rand economics: pure capitalism where you just let poor people die in the streets because "they lost the competition"

> Ayn Rand believes you don't need regulations at all on corporations, she believes the will "Naturally regulate themselves"

>"That's such a good ideology XD Ayn Rand is smartz"

>And austrian economics is very similar but they ignore morality and differ sometimes onn critical issues.

That is factually wrong tho. There is a ton of morality in Mises.

seems reasonable

>There is a ton of morality in Mises.
wat
Just because they have *some* of it doesn't mean it's completely correct. And economics depends on morality, so they sometimes differ.

>>Ayn Rand economics: pure capitalism where you just let poor people die in the streets because "they lost the competition"
wrong
>> Ayn Rand believes you don't need regulations at all on corporations, she believes the will "Naturally regulate themselves"
wrong, not an anarchist.

If a coal plant was working near your water sources you wouldn't think its reasonable to trust them to "self regulate" and not pollute your water

No I wouldn't, which is why I would buy water.

No, i am actually absolutely right.
The economic model Ayn Rand is proposing is pure, unregulated capitalism:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laissez-faire

>"The physical order of nature is a harmonious and self-regulating system."

Her economic ideas are just pure fucking lunacy

>Just because they have *some* of it doesn't mean it's completely correct. And economics depends on morality, so they sometimes differ.
You said they ignore morallity, now you admit that it has some.

>And economics depends on morality
Not your orthodox mainstream economics.

Even if you will just shower with them, showering with polluted water is terrible

>The economic model Ayn Rand is proposing is pure, unregulated capitalism:
The fact that you link to a wiki screams that you know fuck-all about it. Also, you're a trip on Sup Forums.

>>"The physical order of nature is a harmonious and self-regulating system."
>Her economic ideas are just pure fucking lunacy
wat
nice argument, I'm totally convinced

then get your water someplace else bitch

If she was to do that, then it was a gross misrepresentation, at least in the context of The Fountainhead.

>Mistaking physiocracy with modern austrian or mainstream free-market policies

Why I am not suprised with a tripfag's retardation

>He doesn't even know what objectivitism preaches

Buddy, in case you don't realize it yet, objectivisim is basically being 100% selfish and not caring about others. following the logic of objectivism, slavery shouldn't have been abolished

Seriously, its a dumb ideology

You can use water that you buy for bathing too. You just have to buy more of it.

>You said they ignore morallity, now you admit that it has some.
They follow some implicitly because they have an economic system based on certain facts. But thye have no explicit thoughts on it. They might admire a few writers, or even ayn rand, but that's how far they go.

>Buddy, in case you don't realize it yet, objectivisim is basically being 100% selfish and not caring about others. following the logic of objectivism, slavery shouldn't have been abolished
>Seriously, its a dumb ideology
wow. You're completely corect, Objectivists are pushing for slavery.

Now give me a source for that.

They aren't pushing for slavery, but they are pushing for complete selfishness.

This kind of ideology is nothing but detrimental to society.

There are two albums that can transform a bookish 14-year-kid’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish daydream that can lead to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood in which large chunks of the day are spent inventing ways to make real life more like a fantasy novel. The other is a album about orcs.

Had a giggle.

At least get the pasta right.

>They aren't pushing for slavery, but they are pushing for complete selfishness.
>This kind of ideology is nothing but detrimental to society.
Okay, so now you say it isn't baout slavery.
I guess I'll just ask for a source again.

>This kind of ideology is nothing but detrimental to society.
source?

That's because Rand didn't believe in a concept of Social Responsibility. She ran away from the USSR and never -really- understood Americans.

8/10

>She ran away from the USSR and never -really- understood Americans.
>t. commie

>Claims to be an objectivist
>Doesn't know what objectivism is about

Listen to Ayn Rand's own words, you fucking idiot. she openly said people should abolish caring about others

>Listen to Ayn Rand's own words, you fucking idiot. she openly said people should abolish caring about others
wrong

I literally gave you the quote where she directly said "Altruism should be abolished".

Do you not understand the meaning of the word "Altruism"?

>being an objectivist
>hating 2112
You're double retard.

He's right, Ayn Rand never liked Metal.

>I literally gave you the quote where she directly said "Altruism should be abolished".
Yeah, It's a quoteeee. QUOTE. Out of context.
>Do you not understand the meaning of the word "Altruism"?
I do. You don't understand what Objectivism is.

She fled from the USSR, which is historical. USSR is shit.

But she emigrated when she was already developmentally old enough to not really ingrain anything American in her core psyche. You see that shit in Asian immigrants who still largely retain behaviors and shit from Old Country.

>But she emigrated when she was already developmentally old enough to not really ingrain anything American in her core psyche.
Literally not an argument. What the fuck are you trying to say?

I'm saying that no matter how hard she tried, she was unable to capture the American Essence. This hurt her writing as she had no finger on the pulse of the American.

Older immigrants do it all the fucking time.

>I'm saying that no matter how hard she tried, she was unable to capture the American Essence. This hurt her writing as she had no finger on the pulse of the American.
wrong.

She literally criticized Bolshevik ideology using Americans.

She had no dog in the fight when it came to Americanism.

>She literally criticized Bolshevik ideology using Americans.
>She had no dog in the fight when it came to Americanism.
wut

define "Americanism"