Magic thread?

Magic thread?

what the fuck kind of conversations can you even have about magic

Just made an mtfgo account. anyone here play?

where are you on the spectrum?

Got this from one of the two boosters out of a planeswalker deck bundle. Trying to build a zombie golgari deck now. I'm not very good

I don't, but saw a video of a guy that doom bladed his own creature so that his opponent's two oblivion rings kept targeting each other in an infinite loop that crashed mtgo.

to buggy for me, but some hilarious things can happen apparently.

I've always like this combo. Its total shenanigans.

Also got these to use in my deck

That's amazing haha

yeah, people complain about the software some but I don't live near a card shop so my options to play are kinda limited

That's a mean combo, but if you want to take EVERYTHING with I giant red dragon, I have neater, more permanent ways.

Decks are continually tweekable as you learn what works and as you get more cards. Just learn as you go and dont feel bad about losing. Competitive magic has its place, but im more into the casual types, even stuff like casual legacy with low tier decks just for fun.

Why not take it a step further and completely destroy your opponents deck?

Because the likelihood of getting that combo off is practically zero.

Speaking of hilarious, this card turns shit cards into gold.

Wouldn't stuffy doll destroy itself after 1 turn since it's dealt 1 damage to itself while only having 1 toughness?

Indestructible.

It would, but Doll has indestructible so it can't be destroyed.

I missed that, cheers lads.

went to a Grand Prix recently and took some time to play in a modern event. Some guy completely destroyed me with this combo

nice

I've been playing since tarkir... And I'm mostly into commander
I'm sorry to say... But I run sliver overlord as my com. And I have 2 major wincons
#1 poison counters-simple enough
#2 primal surge-I have no sorceries or instants in the deck except for primal surge... I also have laboratory maniac, and slivers that allow for drawing. Instant win.

I can send a decklist if you guys want

yeah he fucking won the game with "like 12 billion life"

Slivers rock man I have a modern 5 color sliver tribal deck

>Playing Sliver deck EDH

You are a bad person.

I haven't played MTG in 20 years. I still have all my old cards, I should go fish them out some time.

That's what zedruu the greathearted is for

Just spend $9300 on a bgs 9.5 unlimited black lotus. AMA!

That is my preferred EDH commander

Ameboid changeling combos with overlord too... I can fetch him for 3 and pay 3 to take control of any of their creatures

Speaking of this little guy... What I'd y'all's favorite card art?
I like word of command, celestial prism, mold demon, and the one with the bird man ... Some indestructible aura...

Small town here, not much people to play.
Did top 4 of a PTQ like 6 years ago.
I hate serious event, not forgivin enough.

I had a dude that nearly called a judge because I forgot to call the trigget of annihalator 6 of emrakul.

Dude you know you have to sacrifice it, dont be a bitch

I love the art on Baneslayer Angel

This shit right here pissed so many people off, once they deciphered the wall of text and realized what was going on

>I like celestial prism
Wat

been looking for a large version of this to hang on the wall

Shitty card.

Great ra- I mean art.

i hate how autistic and meticulous the serious players get, thats why i stay away from fnm

Same here, but I find immense enjoyment in showing up and beating them at their own game lol

Ponder
Great card
Great nip- I mean art

My little expeditions collection.
I'm actually a fan of modern. I play Robots, infect, scapeshift,GW Hatebears and Lantern Control (pls dont hate me)
I play a lot of commader too. I play Animar, Soul of elements and Mizzix of the Izmagnus

Yes I know Living Plane Exists. Yes I know it synergizes better with the Sharpshooter. But that shit's expensive, and deathtouch allows Gobby to take down anything already in the ring.

Add Bonds of Mortality to take down hexproof or indestructible creatures.

beautiful cards man. I have an expedition eye of ugin and an invention aether vial

I opened 2 in one pack right after prerelease... Scalding tarn and polluted delta

Old pic, but I was casting Ulamog before it was cool.

I've spent entire nights of my life talking to friends about magic.

Same here. I never enjoyed playing in public events. I only played with friends but now no one really plays it. Been playing on and off again since Urza's Legacy. Still have all my decks. I remember I could not believe how some of those old cards blew up in price. Like gaea's cradle. Even around the time i started playing the original dual lands were around $12 each. Cannont believe I didnt pick any up.

ponder is my favorite card out of the entire game, any deck i have blue in i run a playset, but i like the other art better (the one with the 3 moons and the hand reaching up at them)

This is why i kinda hate the competitive community and began to play more commander and cube.
I also attend to GP and PPTQ in my region but I try to play calmed and concentraded to not forget any triggers and shit
Commander and cube are so much fun to play with house rules

I know I can perform, went to a PTQ in 2008 and did like a top 16 and another in top 4 in 2011. But I had to do 7 hours trip, play for like 13 hours, then drive 7 hours back...
Never again will a go there with my pussy wiped friend ahaha
Decklist:
tiny cc ajmply
. /

I don't follow this combo. Can you explain it?

niggers

draw step, you draw two cards then discard them both before you can react

Then if you have a gay eldrazi to save your ass you just wait it out.
Playing global removal/sacrifices like The Abyss/Damnation/Barter in Blood, Etc.
Maybe some howling mines to expedite getting the combo and then killing them after.

No but you get to rip up there deck

find a better card. protip you can't

I opened a pack on amonkhet with a masterwork and a gideon. eat shit.

Do you play vintage?

MTGO: felttipmarker

Hit me up. I'm not on tonight though it's late

No standard players?

Chains is worth over $100

it was probably fake

Kek

I dabble with standard but don't care much for it. Right now I have a UB Tezzeret the Schemer control deck

Only plebs don't use unhinged full art lands for their decks. Also anyone Wanna buy my collection. Iv got everything from foil tarmagoifs to candelabra of talos and more

I'm playing UR control myself. Because fuck people.

Commander and draft are my other formats

this is my favorite art of all time

gotcha. I've been more of a modern player

Got any duakals or doppelforgangersas?

And?

almost exclusively commander for me

Good cards here

Well I've just built jund in legacy but I ain't spending $100 on that shit for my sideboard cause it doesn't even do that much

Binder is worth more than the cards

Woooooooooooõōoooooow only the best

Oh the trespassing souleater is a premium card btw also I think you're missing the yavimaya scion

aside from being really powerful cards, you could pretty much put 4 of each of those with some land and have a tourny winning deck

Wtf is wrong with you. coral eal???? It's a 2/1 with no abilities.
Am I missing something?

WHERE THE
FUCK CAN WE
FIND AN ONLINE
GALLERY WITH
ALL THESE SUPERB
ARTWORKS TO VIEW??

OR ANY ARCHIVE TO VIEW
MAJIC ARTWORK ??

ANYKNE KNOW??

This looks like a rtr standard deck but you've jammed some cards in to play it in modern.
You disgust me

magiccards.info

Yeah these are some of my favorite arts on cards.
It's a real shame though that the best way to look at art is with a magnifying glass on the actual card. Otherwise just gatherer

you play the coral eel as an early blocker till the big threats come out. its just as strong as other 1/3's for 2 with no abilities. they do more damage though, get some damage in then summon a five five for five. thats game right there

That's not my deck, fukko. I don't really fuck with heavy control decks.I just figured it would be better to post a semi-relevant pic than nothing at all

Spiders aren't insects

peter isnt a spider

heres a game, guess what card turned this card colorless

Yeah but it won't ever see real play. Legacy isn't too popular.

Easy. Song of the Dryads

moonlace, easy, next

yep