Physical acquisitions

What did you buy today, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/user/TheWitchfinder/collection?page=1&sort=added,desc&folder=0&limit=100
youtube.com/watch?v=JvdjI6lbM2o&list=PLmXlFZKZb-WwuubPD5UrzW4iZZILPR-RS&index=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Meal deal from tesco

>purchasing music
>purchasing anything unnecessary

Thanks Diogenes

What is on the EC Dahls cassette? why would a brewery release an album

>>>/spotify/

Half-funny tidbits and fun facts about beer, detailed advice on how to pour a beer + traditional folk songs about the brewery and its founder as well as about beer in general, all recorded by session musicians

Lots and lots of companies did this in the eighties, they basically found some free/low cost music to record by literally whos and interspersed the tapes with wittyness and not-so-subtle commercials which they gave away or sold for almost nothing. I also have similar tapes from VISA, a coffee producer, a forklift dealership and a specific brand of Siemens heating ovens among others. Some of them actually have some decent original recordings on them as well.

Didn't buy it today, but it came in the mail today. Or more like my apartment complex finally told me I had a package in the office, the fat bitches down there have some weird passive-aggressive hatred of all the packages I get.

Anyways, it's a reissue of a record by Keiji Haino from Fushitsusha, put out by a company called Black Editions. This is the first record they've put out, but they plan on releasing a whole bunch of shit from PSF records. Basically a whole bunch of Japanese psych/noise/free jazz shit. I've never heard this record before and was apparently blackout drunk when I bought it because it was a total surprise when it showed up. I just finished side A, and so far so good. Here's to more cool drunk record purchases.

Local record store chain closed this week after like 40 years ;_;

Grabbed pic related for myself.

Today I also went to a garage sale and bought some $1 dadrock records for flea market re-sale:
>Bob Dylan - Desire
>Monty Python's Flying Circus
>CCR - Willy & the Poor Boys
>Best of the Animals
>Rolling Stones - December's Children

bump

these threads are comfy

My stuff from the last few weeks :)

patrician detected

sorry for shit quality

haven't bought anything in a while but I've been listening to the FL alot recently

sick man

would hang with/10

keep all of those

nice lcd soundsystem -- how much did it cost you?
how is that quasimoto album? never heard it ut always heard good things about him
jealous about that gheedorah but why is hitler playing the violin without his moustache?

it was about $20? i got it off discogs
how is that Mahavishnu Orchestra album?
i've only hear there first two

I already have Dylan's whole discog and the dadrock cannon haha. I sell records to hipstery folks at an urban flea market, and classic rock is by far the easiest to move

Jelly of your CSH stuff

Picked up Corazon by Santana the other day, along with plenty of CDs for sampling. Trying to pick up Santana's discography before he eventually dies. I've been meaning to do it for a while, don't wanna end up being too late on it and then never being able to find anything

You know, I never saw the appeal of collecting CDs, but I definitely see the appeal of collecting a LOT of CDs

a quesadilla and a burrito

>buying physical media is unnecessary

christ you sound like my mom

Yeah, pretty much. If you collect CDs, collect a bunch of them. Having a small amount of records is one thing, mainly to look at and admire the artwork. CDs though? They're better when you collect them in bulk. A big shelf full of CDs looks super cool, and browsing through their liner notes is usually quicker with most albums. I've read through several that read like a book, though! John Oswald's Plunderphonics 69-96 album has an entire interview written in the liner notes, and David Bowie's 1.Outside has the liner notes written as journal entries from Nathan Adler, the detective Bowie portrays on the album. CDs are super fun to collect in large quantities

amazing. patrician as fuck.

probably cheap as well at this point. love your collection mate

i love all of the original 5, they're all superb
it might not all be sold out on the website

But why would you want a small amount of records when you can have a large amount?

Having a large amount of both can be great, that user just asked which would be better of which to own a small amount. Record storage is harder than CDs; larger format in height and width, they'll take up more space than a CD. With collectors getting more interested in records, their value has started going up. I ended up making about 1,000 dollars in flipping record store day purchases earlier this year. People go nuts for them. CDs? I don't see people collecting them nearly as much. You can find them in fairly good condition most of the time, even when you find them for a dollar in a Goodwill or wherever else. Usually the only damage done to them is the jewelcase, which can easily be replaced with another. Part of why I dislike digipaks so much; I can't replace them. Vinyl is the same way when it's used; the case is usually damaged and irreplaceable. It's far easily to have a pretty looking CD collection than a record collection, due to that price gap and ease of replacing damaged cases.

Thanks bud

that's sick, you making much profit? would do either way

Oh yeah I was just making a joke. I don't have a ton of records, like maybe 250, but even with that many it is a huge pain in the ass to move with them. They weigh a fucking ton, are big, and you can't leave them in a hot car. Plus, like you mentioned they can get fucking expensive.

Yeah, traveling with records is a pain. They're pretty heavy

discogs.com/user/TheWitchfinder/collection?page=1&sort=added,desc&folder=0&limit=100

Last few months or so.

Dadrock from this last weekend. Antique markets had some decent stuff.

You a flipper or is that your personal collection?

It's his personal collection of rubbish

Personal.

Thinking about flipping some stuff though. Been seriously collecting for over 12 years. Maybe it's time to let some stuff go.

Yeah looks like about 95% rubbish, and 5% shit that's actually worth some money. Made me wonder if he was a flipper.

Yeah, probably

>The Band cassette
Goodo tasteo
nice
How much $$$$$$??
I feel like I've complimented For You before, good cop
Nice

I found an old record store by my work, Record Surplus, pretty great prices I thought. About 40 bucks

Got this earlier this week

I'm a pretty poor college student, but while I was a teenager I bought hundreds of records from thrift stores and other secondhand places. I culled my collection down to the pieces I wanted to keep and put the rest in my for sale bins. Now when I go to thrifts I find things for myself and for resale. I price my records pretty low, but I usually make around $75 on an average Sunday at the flea

Anyone know of any good mulitmedia receivers with cd and cassette?

Depending on how much money you want to spend, and what else you have, check out some of the late 90's mini-system things I have a Sony HCD M100 that I've had since like 99 and it's still rocking. There's one on ebay for $278 and it's way worth it. Dual cassette decks, 50 +1 cd changer, and 150 watts with speakers that sound pretty fuckin good.

Bump

Oh dang Record Surplus in Santa Monica? They're great! They have that one entire section of their store with 92 cent CDs, I find cool stuff in there all the time

Yeah! It's badass! Know any other good spots? I like Amoeba, the Record Parlour, the Last Bookstore, and now Record Surplus. I can't believe how many great spots their are.

Really good Elvis Costello album

Why the fuck does everyone post pictures of Dadrock albums? Even more specific, why does anyone buy overpriced Dadrock albums? If you've heard them on the radio they probably aren't going to be worth shit in the future, and they aren't worth shit now. You know they made thousands of them right?

This thread represents the worst of record collecting. Nobody except these guys really gives a fuck

FL dude actually posted an actual collection of records. That dude obviously loves the Flaming Lips and has a fucking passion.

OP has a bunch of weird shit, but I don't see anything obvious in here. This dude has obviously listened to this music, and even if he hasn't he at least bought some shit nobody else has.

I don't know what the fuck this is, but he at least cared enough to talk a little about it.

I thought there was someone else, but there isn't. I guess I just have this to say: If you're not an actual vinyl enthusiast quit posting your fucking bullshit in threads like this. Go kill yourself so I can pick up your records for 25 cents or 5 for a dollar like they fucking aught to be.

Furthermore, buying "re-releases" of shitty fucking indie albums is just as fucking bad.

I hope you guys choke in your sleep, and your records go to good will where I can fucking piss on them. Fuck your ironic interest in records, if you're not dead yet I'll fucking stab you in the street.

That's a lot of angry words little man

>knowing your greeks

u cool

Unable of posting pics so ill just type what i've bought and what i plan on buying

bought
>electric pure land, france demo tapes, yaneura 1969 (cass) by les rallizes
>LYSF by godspeed
>interview 2016 / fashion week by the death grips
and i plan on buying Dez Anos Depois and Diamond Days (probably on CD though, im not that rich)
nice vashti bunyan, a beautiful record.
awesome collection! do you think it would be worth me listening to the flaming lips? im a fan of neo-psychedelia

Rockaway Records in Glendale is amazing. There's also a seriously large Goodwill about a 5 minute drive away, I find CDs in that Goodwill sometimes, but not often. Rockaway though? I don't believe I've ever seen then sell a CD for more than 7 bucks (unless it's incredibly rare or something). Their average CD price is about 3.99, with some rather new releases usually in stock there. They get radio copies sent to them a few months after an album comes out, so it's a great place to look for new releases. I distinctly remember them having about a dozen sealed copies of R+7 by Oneohtrix Point Never for 2.99 each a few months after it came out. They also have some really high end stuff behind glass cases, if you can afford it and feel like spending your money on that; sealed original pressings Beatles albums and stuff. They had a second state copy of Yesterday And Today there in perfect condition one time, I believe it was priced at 10,000 dollars. Someone had apparently bought it by the next time I went.

There's a Rally's over in the same direction as that Goodwill, too. Get a burger, fries, a drink and an apple pie for 3 bucks. I love em

Dang dude u angry

Hi Sup Forums.

REALLY hoping I can find the original RCA issues of Space Oddity through Scary Monsters. The Ryko remasters don't sound as good. Hell help me on the Virgin and Parlophones. I purchased the Virgin version of The Buddha Of Suburbia merely for completionism. Hoping I can find the original issue of that; shouldn't be as hard as finding the RCA CD pressings of those first string of albums

Also found the original issue of David Bowie 1967 recently; this picture's about a month or two old

just did business with this guy, he was really polite
but i fucked up. because i live in australia the exchange rate is shit, and i accidently bought 2 of the same record. shit ended up costing me $60. i dont mind though, the guy was nice, and at least i can keep one sealed and hope it goes up in value

>not paying $10 a month for Apple Music
It's a certain autistic kind of wasting money

Got it from amazon. It arrived today
Sorry for shit quality btw, my phone is not turning on so I had to took the pic with my 3DS

never mind! turns out the shipping was just expensive, either way im still excited for this record. the label seems very interesting as well

Is this a fucking joke?

Uhhhhhh..... You don't know about discogs?

Vacation in Silver Lake is really decent for metal tapes, which seems odd given its location
Seconding Rockaway though, I always love going in there.

i liek u

I paid somewhere around $27 with shipping for my american copy, so you're really not getting fucked. Save the other copy and sell it next year. Worst case, it's worth $30.

Just started collecting vinyl about a month or so ago started with Dionne favorites that aren't extremely expensive and this is my collection so far

Also have
Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Goes Numb, Somewhere in the Between, The Hands That Thieve, and the Hotline Miami OST on the way in the mail

>inb4 (c)rap

Some* not Donnie
Fuck phoneposting

I only use it for stuff I know I'll never be able to find in a record store. I like the satisfaction of searching stores for stuff and finding it for cheaper prices than I'd find online. Shipping costs are no fun either

sorry, didnt realize you were looking for cds

not bought today, but here's a tiny bit of my collection. MBV and The Smiths are green vinyl which is kinda cool

Not even memeing, this is literally plebbit vinyl starter pack

Hotline Miami is alright tho

>further adventures
fucking niceeeeeeee
how much was it?

Yeah, they're always 30 bucks or more. Hoping I can find one that's cheap sometime

Only time I get butthurt about scalpers is when a record comes out that hasn't been pressed in decades is 100+, like Ike Reiko was.
Still sitting on the RSD Death Grips from last year, not sure if I'll wait or sell since it's going for like 130 USD right now.

Honestly I don't feel guilty about it. They're pressed in limited quantities and handed out in even smaller numbers among a small amount of stores. Then you gotta wait in a long line for several hours with the hopes that they'll possibly have that album in stock. You throw that many statistics out and expect anyone to be able to get this stuff? I stand in line, bright and happy to do it, but heck if I'll let that get to me. If I end up making good money for standing in a line for about 7 hours, I don't really mind.

I'm not even the one who puts hard prices on these albums. I just put em up on eBay. The fans of said bands who weren't as fortunate as me to be able to stand in line all day are the ones bidding on it and giving it a $100+ price. With there also being 50 states in America, along with the possibility the record could be going out of the country (one guy who won an album I sold was from Mexico), I don't even need to feel guilty about taking that album from the store while that guy was in line. If they don't even live in this state, they didn't miss out on it

Record Store Day is fun but flipping isn't anything to be ashamed of. People act like it detracts from the record store, when it clearly doesn't. If I buy all of the albums from their store, then resell them online, they didn't lose any profit. I bought the albums from them. The people going on eBay for this stuff are the people who weren't lucky enough to grab them from their local store, whether it be because they showed up too late, the store didn't have what they wanted in stock to begin with, or there just simply isn't a store near them

>Tatsuro Yamashita
Where the fuck did you get this? Nothing around me sells Japanese records sadly.

>the SFW Jimi Hendrix cover

>MBV
What the fuck? Did they reissue this or did you actually spend over 200 dollars on a record?

Excellent folk selection
Nice Mahavishnu
Excellent rock selection
What are you doing
All awesome albums

Are you from r9k or pol?

>talks about wasting money
>pays for subscriptions services rather than learning how to torrent

Suffocate For Fuck Sake - In My Blood LP [one black, one clear)

fucking THICC damn

Good start. Plebby but fine. Just diversify if you don't want pitchforks to be thrown. I dig the BMSR

I'll check it out. Melrose has a few awesome spots, The Record Collector has a great deep collection but nothing that cheap (and Yelp says he's racist??), and then there's a shop in the back of a punky clothing store with a floppy dog and I got a Wesley Willis record there.

Picked these bad boys up less than an hour ago

Cosmic Vinyl, they have more than 1 location

Excuse muh shitty quality

Jealous about that Mahavishnu but user not only is it not Hitler, it's not even a violin
youtube.com/watch?v=JvdjI6lbM2o&list=PLmXlFZKZb-WwuubPD5UrzW4iZZILPR-RS&index=1

Btw is Flash any good?

There aren't any. Just buy separates

All good

Oh..uh..me flakes... scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, toast, coffee marmelade..I like marmelade... pourridge..any cereal, I like all cereals...

$7 this thing is awesome

>the specials
My nigga :^)

Man that turntable isn't even trying to hide it. That is literally an SL-1200. Even more so than the LP 120. Its nice looking though.

rambling old guy from /ck/?