vaelastrasz.bandcamp.com/album/the-scarlet-monastery
vaelastrasz.bandcamp.com/album/the-plaguelands
pendragonking.bandcamp.com/releases
rimzalia.bandcamp.com/album/crest-of-vizeal
clyp.it/slvbs3hr
youtube.com/watch?v=4d2XqhlXsKg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=X376t0B38hM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What do I need to get started making DS? I'm interested but daunted at knowing where to start

dungeonsynthcompilation.bandcamp.com/album/artifacts-from-the-shadow-realm

>continuation from the compilation "Keepers of the Shadow Realm"

dungeonsynthcompilation.bandcamp.com/album/manuscript-of-a-different-age

>latest compilation from the summer submissions

To start, you really don't need much. A lot of great ds is made using cheap keyboards and synths. Some means of recording obviously as well. Many people spend a lot of time hunting for the perfect soundfonts, but this really isn't necessary.

I currently use a midi controller I got for about $100 connected into my laptop. I record into Ableton Live and do some mastering in Audacity.

I can't find anything similar to Hedge Wizard -MTTTT.
New ep was meh, but still pretty good

Literally just a laptop

I definitely prefer MTTTT but I do have both albums on tape

I honestly still haven't even checked out the new EP. I'm somewhat worried it will make me view MTTTT differently.

it has vocals which i'm not really about. But the music is pretty good

alderen.bandcamp.com/album/chapter-1-the-descent

This has to be the strongest dungeon synth debut this year. This is nuts. Love the experimentation of many new artists.

have you gave old tower a try? it's not exactly similar but i feel it scratches the same itch
oldtower.bandcamp.com/album/the-rise-of-the-specter

this is the most beautiful ds i've heard. dsaoty.
chaucerianmyth.bandcamp.com/album/troilus-and-criseyde

Great one for sure! Were you able to get your hands on Chaucerian Myth's latest release?

what do u mean by cheap keyboard? like MIDI or what? i actually dunno shit about musical equipment, but what i understand is MIDI = basically synth without sounds, so just a piano keyboard so you have something to play on. am i correct?

can i make dungeon synth on a regular computer keyboard? i have been fucking around some DAWs but never bothered to even make something beginner lvl respectable. i noticed that some piano key combinations just don't register. is that a DAW, keyboard or my PC problem?

>Were you able to get your hands on Chaucerian Myth's latest release?
which one do you mean? the death cover? either way, i don't own any of his physical stuff. but i like the dvd case format he's doing

Cheap keyboard meaning some Yamaha or Casio that you find at a garage sale. The barrier for entry for dungeon synth is extremely low.

You can certainly make dungeon synth using your computer keyboard and a DAW. I know of at least one current artist that has some releases made that way.

youtube.com/watch?v=c9ByvmHVIw0

This is better than the real album

"The Book of Margery Kempe" was releases on Hollow Myths as a double CD bundle. It sold out pretty quickly, but a second run of it is planned I believe. In my opinion, it's his strongest release.

vaelastrasz.bandcamp.com/album/the-scarlet-monastery
vaelastrasz.bandcamp.com/album/the-plaguelands

world of warcraft dungeon synth

my recent favs really nice medieval wandering mood

pendragonking.bandcamp.com/releases
rimzalia.bandcamp.com/album/crest-of-vizeal

I bring it up every thread, but check Moonworshipper Records out, plenty of good noise/electronic/ds music put out.

Any guides/tips on how to start out working in DAWs? I always shit myself when I open it up because I don't know what the fuck I'm doing

>The Book of Margery Kempe
oh dang i didn't even know this existed. do you know where i can stream it? it's not even on his bandcamp

any dungeon synth for the bloodsucking feel?

It hasn't been digitally released yet at all. Not sure when they're planning on doing that.

Does anyone have Darkothica Mansion by Arcanabyss or Appendix I - Sweet Earth & Northern Sky by Erang? Both releases were on Bandcamp but have since been nuked.

these threads are what motivate me to work on my own DS. i've been grinding on some new material for months, but sometimes it's hard to justify how much work i've been putting into it.

whenever i see these threads it reminds me that there's other people who appreciate what i'm doing (not necessarily my work specifically, but DS in general) and that always helps me out of my motivational slumps.

so thanks guys.

Dungeon Synth is dead, you internet posers ruined another genre.

>it wasn't recorded in a norwegian prison on a 90's casio so it isn't good
the whole concept of trve/untrve is so childish. judge the music for the music, not the context

Awh I love Vaelastrasz. "The Plaguelands" is
a fantastic release.

Great to hear friend! There definitely is a growing number of people who enjoy and make their own dungeon synth. Just need to know where to look. Would you be open to sharing a link to your music? You've piqued my curiosity.

Hear, hear!

>Would you be open to sharing a link to your music?
well i haven't officially released the stuff that i've been working on yet but i can upload one of the tracks that i've been working on to clyp if you're interested

If you want to! Have you released any other dungeon synth in the past?

This might be my favorite dungeon synth release

Yeah I've seen this on Facebook and the forum. Fucking god tier

Just ask your friend who bought it to email you the files, like me

okay here you go: clyp.it/slvbs3hr
the last couple of minutes are pretty crude. i'm planning on adding a clarinet track to that part at the end where it's just flute and guitar, and where it ends isn't actually going to be the end of the song, that's just as far as i've gotten.

>Have you released any other dungeon synth in the past?
yeah, but for anonymity's sake i'd rather not reveal who i am

>your friend who bought it
i barely have friends, and i definitely don't have any who know what dungeon synth is lol

Damn man, this is awesome. That first two minutes is so eerie, it was perfect. I had a little visual running through my head of creeping through a cemetery in a black and white horror film. The somber tones towards the end really convey a forlorn bleakness. Can't wait to hear the entire release when it's finished!

thanks user i'm glad you're into it! hopefully it will be done soon

Where the fuck can I hear this? Google didn't show anything

Let's say I have a very cheap Yamaha with all the presets and stuff as well as a Microkorg analog synth. I know I pretty much have everything I need for all the meat of the songs, but what about percussion? What do most people use?

Keep checking Soulseek, someone probably still has it.

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=4d2XqhlXsKg

Nothing too complex or amazing but I liked it, it reminded me of the more "instrumental" moments of Hlidskjalf

Ok, so what's everyone's dungeon synth aoty so far?

Are you literally retarded? Do you think we all cried online about how scary our software was? Jesus Christ I understand helping a newbie out but come on man just fucking try it first

There are percussion settings on your keyboard. Most other people who don't like thinking for themselves go for the timpani

Book of Margery Kempe or the Alder album here:
I guess the new Faery Ring Trogool were good too. The new Ranseur and Voormithadreth albums are also fucking great

*Faery Ring and Trogool

Alright cool
I'm probably going to try my hand at making some soon, it'll sound like shit because my audio equipment consists of a iPhone and a computer but I guess that's part of the allure.

Hell I started just with a laptop so that should be fine! Good luck!

This is a poseur-free zone, poseurs fuck off

Shit, no more experimentation guys. ONLY TRUE DUNGEON SYNTH.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Kent State, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on False Dungeon Synth, and I have over 300 confirmed career kills

m.youtube.com/watch?v=X376t0B38hM

I love this and the second one

Listened to the first one earlier today, still need to listen to the second one.

Man, yeah this has been a pretty quality year in dungeon synth

if anyone is interested, I have a dungeon synth group on kik. #dungeonsynth or pm impaledvibration to join. pls no bannerino mods

D Dorian is an easy scale to play on piano since it just uses all the white notes. do that to craft songs and then use 90s era synths and midi soundfonts for medieval like instruments

>he doesn't realize we are in the golden age of second wave dungeon