Mid 30s user looking for life pro tips on how not to suck at life

mid 30s user looking for life pro tips on how not to suck at life

recently I got out of fucked up relationship, she was an addict, emotionally abusive crazy bitch I fell in love with. sex was awesome at least in the begining, but then lies, manipulation, cheating come. I though I could "fix" her, but obviously not, so it fucked me up pretty bad. before I was like pretty lonely beta, and I want to avoid similar shit for like rest of my life. I deserve better.

so those are my steps now: going to gym twice a week, reading self-help books on codependency, emotions and abusive relationships, attending group therapy. basically trying to bring the focus back on myself, build up my selfesteem, selfworth, selfreliance.

am I on right path, what can I do to get through this? anything else you'd recommend? anyone with similar experience would like to share?

This advice was probably written by a virgin who jerked off to too many PUA websites.

You are ok but if you dont want to pass through the same just dont be with any girl. Fuck them and go back safe to home. Its the only way. Better find some bar friend. Those are for life.

seems ok so far.

gym is good. looking better and feeling stronger really helps you cope.

Try to pick up some hobbies, or shit you wanted to do but never got around to. things you can do or talk about with other people. things you are shit at are fine, doesn't matter if it's painting or model trains or competing in iron man contests.

never been a fan of self help books so not sure how good they are. but group therapy is great, keep going as long as you feel you're getting something out of it.

I don't know man. A lot of the stuff he says about how women behave and rationalize things is legit. Some of the other other stuff, I don't know. Only way to find out is to test this out.

jordan peterson

listen to him for a few hours on this topic

shit, that's tough advice, but I guess life is tough

hobbies I do, got papercraft, vidya (few hours week tops), just to enjoy myself, got into photography and want to start working on pilot license. so this is what's coming my way.

ad self help books, those are not the the "how to win and influence people" style, more like psychology books

thanks

>papercraft, vidya (few hours week tops), just to enjoy myself, got into photography and want to start working on pilot license

that's a pretty fucking good list OP, I'd say you're doing fine there.
protip: lotta chicks into papercraft. hitting up the local scene for that sort of thing doesn't hurt.

Ik. Its not like im saying you to go fucking people around. Just dont get into relationship, thats just trouble most of the times. You can live happly with friend and some girls that want to have sex and nothing more. At least they are honest about that.

Go to the gym more and keep busy. Attend live music events no matter the size.
Listen to art of charm podcasts, it's what pua should be and is far more interesting.
Pick up the artist's way, and the life changing magic of tidying up. Both will change your life and help clear out old shit so you can create a new life.

Im the same age as you, got divorced a few years ago. Since then ive moved cities, started a new career and dating someone much younger than the ex. Life is good, and i wish you the best of luck.

step 1:
nuke MLP servers.
step 2:
anhero to protect your accomplices

>an addict, emotionally abusive crazy bitch
Just say "a woman", it's enough.

just from the pic, I'm happy you are enjoying yourself. thanks for the input, bookmark stored.

and yes, I want to clear my shit up. actually I consider that relationship (for lack of better word) a very good chance to turn my life around, it's never too late

>reading self-help books on codependency, emotions and abusive relationships, attending group therapy.

Stop this shit right now you faggot!!!! You're trading one abusive relationship for another. Without the pussy.

Repeat after me:

1. Mental health is sexy.
2. I will not stick my dick in crazy.

> You're trading one abusive relationship for another.
not sure I follow your drift

omg, this is kek ult. Thank you for showing me this.

Been there OP, still work with her.
There is no easy fix. Truth is you just pulled yourself out of quicksand. You're, wet, tired, but free. Things will even out after a while.
Plus you're a fking champ. How many Beta males you think would just admit submission and curl up under her sniz? Most would. Now go out and find a hooker to get your dick wet.

All the books on codependency and emotions. And the group therapy stuff is just trying to play on your weaknesses in order to take advantage of you.

Look you just need to learn to spot people trying to manipulate you and learn to man up enough to tell them to go fuck themselves.

don't see how reading books can take an advantage of me

>Look you just need to learn to spot people trying to manipulate you and learn to man up enough to tell them to go fuck themselves.

And I'm fast tracking this with educating myself instead of waiting for next clusterfack to happen

thanks, your post alone gave me +1 confidence and +2 happiness

that sucks you have to work with her, but happy you are out too. what a shitshow it was.

take care