What does/mu/ think of lofi hip hop?

What does/mu/ think of lofi hip hop?

Late night playing runescape music

garbage

I like memeing about it today but I was unironically into nujabes and shit like that when i was 15/16

>tfw this stuff pops up as a recommended video on YT despite not even listening to anything remotely related

ITS NOT LOFI

FOR FUCK SAKE STOP APPROPRIATING THE TERM

ITS NOT RECORDED ON A CASSETTE ITS MADE IN FUCKING ABLETON KYS DIGITAL SOUNDCLOUD FAGS

Started out as a small thing on Reddit, eventually became over-saturated and is now a big trend. Very accessible.

Why all of these videos use old anime art style on the thumbnail?

To attract the faux-weeb crowd.

Musical manifestation of everything wrong with nu-weebs.
t. old man that watches seasonal moe sol

It all sounds the same. There's so little variation in the genre that it's irritating to listen to one of those YT streams.

Also, the fanbase of this shit act like it's the most revolutionary or most amazing thing in music which it isn't

>tfw you make lo-fi hip hop
>have 3 aliases and nobody expects its all from the same person
>making $500 a week thx to these weebs
its a goldmine lads :)

I think the appeal is a nuclear storm between weebs, cozy robots, and folks who like Dilla/Flylo

not horrible. i just don't like listening to those compilation things. when people recommend tracks i listen to them.
anime from the late 80s to 90s looks extremely comfy for some reason. i don't even have nostalgic memories for it, but it still makes me feel that way.

Yo post that kawaii weebgrind chart so I can mock it for not including pic related.

cancer simply because most these kids don't appreciate dilla and other hiphop producer legends. they think this sound is new. hell most of them dont even like rap.

Damn maybe I should hop on this bandwagon. Where do you sell it, bandcamp?

You best be clearing samples or your ass is gonna be grass eventually.

white kids get into nujabes and decide hes the greatest hip hop artist when j dilla wipes his dead ass with nujabes' dead face

Lol

because it's super easy to make and super easy to listen to, it's become incredibly over saturated and predictable. hopefully it'll die soon