What the hell this is actually really good

What the hell this is actually really good...

I've always avoided Manson like the plague, but this album has undeniable merit, in the glam rock/industrial genres...hmm

Thoughts on this album/his work?

Other urls found in this thread:

eeggs.com/items/1980.html
nachtkabarett.com/hiddensites
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yeah its summer

fuckin love antichrist superstar, mechanical animals, holy wood. the others have good-great songs but aren't as cohesive as a whole.

I'm always here, just never ventured into MM very much, I just want some good discussion.

POAF its a great album too

for me, Mechanical Animals is the best album ever

>discussion
>Sup Forums
100% summerfag '
incase you don't know we only meme here no meaningful discussion here

Antichrist Superstar is a solid 8/10. It would be a 10 but it's got some cheesy lyrical moments that bring it down quite a bit.
Mechanical Animals is, to me, only really appealing due to all the tiny little easter eggs hidden all over the fucking thing. It's got some nice songs but not as good as AS.
Holy Wood is the album where he lost it.

Everything since then has been a joke save for a sparse few listenable tracks here and there.

>if someone likes something I hate, they're a faggot.
>if someone likes something I hate in summer, they're a summerfag.
alright, sweetie

Coma White is the best thing he ever did

Manson was legitimately a good artist in the 90s, people underestimate how clever a lot of his work was just because his impressionable mallgoth fanbase

Agreed, Holywood took itself too seriously, where atleast Mechanical Animals was conscious of it's own absurdity. It only went downhill from there, and now Manson is so awful that he's good again (say10)

my older brother went to marilyn's joint concert with hole in support of that album. said it was super crazy but had a lot of fun

Prolly.

Portrait of an American Family is obviously his best. He's one of the rare artists where it's better to listen to the best of album than the rest of the discography since it's so redundant.

You wanna know how I know you're a summerfag?

yeah he used to be good before he turned into an anti-trump piece of shit

1996 is the most liberal song in existence

name some easter eggs

> merit in industrial
REEEEEE

Erm... Marilyn Manson has always been an EXTREMELY vocal liberal. The fact that you think he's only just now been that way means you haven't been paying attention at all.

On the vinyl version, the translucent blue and yellow disks act as a sort of 'lens' that, if you hold them up to certain parts of the album cover and booklet, allow you to see little hidden messages n stuff. One of the messages reads, "MAR1LYN MAN5ON IS AN ALCHEMICAL MAN," which is a reference to the album's title. "is an alchemical man" is an anagram for "Mechanical Animals."
There's also the fact that the i in Marilyn has been replaced with a 1, and the S in Manson a 5. This is a reference to the number 15, which is hard to explain. There's a long history of Marilyn Manson's obsession with the number 15.
Another one of the messages reads, "www.comawhite.com" I'm not sure if the website is still up but it was pretty weird. Manson used to put up a new website every time he released an album, and the website had some puzzles on it. It was like a weird semi-ARG.

There's a bunch of other stuff but I'm tired of typing. Look it up, there's a lot of fascinating stuff tucked away in that record. Backwards messages, blacklight ink shit, etc etc.

eeggs.com/items/1980.html

yeah it's one of Jeordie White's best albums. too bad the singer is kinda trash.

nachtkabarett.com/hiddensites

There were also some messages that could only be viewed under a green 'lens,' so you had to stack the records on top of each other and view them that way.
p. cool. too bad the music was shit.

/Thread

you're welcome.