Will we ever see this version of the Joker adapted in film?

Will we ever see this version of the Joker adapted in film?

Could Leto pull it off?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l2pcjJgEHIQ
youtu.be/sPpWzS3nCwM
google.com/search?q=batman death of the family joker&tbm=isch&q=joker face cut off
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lets hope not.

God no, that entire arc was complete shit

I could see a nod. Can't do much though since actors need lips.

Scott Snyder pls go and take your abysmal run with you. Capullo deserved better.

what is this

>Snyders butcher the DC comics AND the movies
P O T T E R Y

what is it with Snyders ruining DC?

Not live-action, but I wouldn't mind an animated movie.

How far is the Joker's fucked up face going to be taken until he's literally just a skull?

After Based Morrison and before Based King, writer Scott Snyder introduced an edgy Joker into the relaunched "New 52" continuity with a face missing/stapled on. It simply wasnt enough to be the Joker, he needed to be even more epic. Then Bruce Wayne told the Joker he was Batman and the Joker was immortal.

There's already a half-decent fan film, best we'll get for a while
youtube.com/watch?v=l2pcjJgEHIQ

Before the reboot that just happened, it was the current version of the Joker.

He basically cut his face off to hide from some guys, then captured all of Batmans villains and friends to throw a big gay party for him and Bats, then proceeded to do nothing at all literally and fell off a cliff

He then magically came back with his face intact again because when he fell off that cliff, he landed in some magical liquid shit that helped him regenerate his wounds.

I shit you not, the joker in the new 52 became so edgy he cut his face off and then stapled it back on.

WHAT'S HIS NAME?

>He basically cut his face off to hide from some guys
That isn't what happened. He did it to 'prove a point' about identity or some shit to batman

DO IT AFFLECK

watching atm, surprisingly not bad
how did i not hear of this?

Oh and IIRC, when he came back, in order to make people think he was immortal, he went and photoshopped Joker-looking clowns in archive footage to spook people. It was something to that effect, if not exactly

I could have sworn I read some DC guy saying he did it to hide from the Court of Owls, but either way, the reason was still stupid

This one is better.
youtu.be/sPpWzS3nCwM

Andrew Jokerton

>I could have sworn I read some DC guy saying he did it to hide from the Court of Owls, but either way, the reason was still stupid
Maybe it had some bullshit 'deeper plot' reasons that they shoved in after, but when he actually did it during the Death of the Family story arc, he was all 'HAHA IT WAS SYMBOLIC' and shit. He also cut it off and then retrieved it basically days later so there wasn't really any reason for it happening at all

Joe Carr.

google.com/search?q=batman death of the family joker&tbm=isch&q=joker face cut off

Jesus, who too edgy pills the day that was conceived? That's about like Crossed level of edgy.

What?

He had it cut off at the very start of the DTec nu52 run with the son of Dollmaker doing it.

I think it wad the Jker syaing under the face, he's still the Joker, and Batman is the same, under his "face", he's still just Batman.

A twist on the whole "you're as crazy as me " thing from the Killing Joke.

But I'm guessing.

>MFW

What's up with comics being so gruesome these days?

Lack of good writing and desensitization.

>He then magically came back with his face intact again because when he fell off that cliff, he landed in some magical liquid shit that helped him regenerate his wounds
Why are superhero comics so fucking retarded

>these days

post 9/11 Ultimates style edginess and it plays to the hot topic crowd

but both Batmen books now since another relaunch are a lot better, Batman proper and Detective comics

When you can't write a good story for shit you have to turn to cheap shock value to sell

In the leadup to Death of the Family, he gets his face cut off and then disappears. He doesn't reappear and pin his face back to himself until the Death of the Family plot actually begins.

because they're written by failed-writers who are also manchildren

He was, and can only continue to be great.

Batman reveals at the end of that story that he never knew his name. It was just a bluff to freak him out.

Give me some non-retarded superhero comic book storylines right now Sup Forums

Honestly, this is the only Joker worth doing nowadays.

>Batman dead/missing
>the batfamily trying their best
>Joker FIGHTS CRIME because to him it's the funniest thing he could do while Batman is gone

Bill Wilson

Leto's make up was fucking shit but I can't quite put my finger on the reason. Was it the lack of eyebrows? Was it Leto's face itself?

This one time Superboy-Prime punched reality a bunch of times and that's why modern comic characters and plots no longer conform to previous canon.

The Slavers in Punisher MAX

If you consider the very first issue of the Dtect relaunch that came out in 2011 a lead up, then I guess so.

I've taken the bait this far so why not

>Letos hope not.
ftfy

I don't think he was wrinkled enough. No laughter lines or anything like that. Sort of seems like he's scowling all the time. Also his hair was awful. Dunno why it looked so bad but it did.

Watchmen?

Hot boy

His hair is fucking neon green, the lipstick looks like just that, it needs to veer off his mouth too, like the Arkham games and Cesar Romero's did. No eyebrows certainly doesn't help.

The tattoo issue have been covered by everyone everywhere, and he dressed like a pimp, not a comedian.

agreed

This story was the epitome of tryhard.

>Called 'Death of the Family' to make it sound like the classic 'A Death in the Family' only even more extreme
>Joker has a facecutting themed villain cut off his face because of some bullshit pseudo-philosophical trite about 'identity'
>Pretends to have access to the Bat Cave to get all of the Batman supporting characters to start mistrusting Batman
>Pretends to have all of their faces cut off but lol he was just kidding, they're actually fine
>Nobody dies
>Batman pretends to know Joker's real name so he jumps off a cliff, the end
>Turns out the family 'died' metaphorically, wow, hardcore

I'll add that as a whole he looked like a baby-faced 16 year old kid with home made make up on. Was he supposed to be younger than most Jokers on purpose on Suicide Squad or was that just an accident?

what do you mean

I'm not baiting. Him cutting his face off is literally foreshadowing. After he did that he didn't appear in comics for a year, and then he returned for Death of the Family and the face thing was explained as some symbolic bullshit. Him cutting his face off is LITERALLY all he does before the DotF arc

>, like the Arkham games and Cesar Romero's did

Nah fuck that, Joker who can actually apply makeup is a good thing. Fuck the sloppy red paint smiles from live action/vidya stuff.

I don't entirely like Leto Joker's fashion, but at least he looks pristine and like he cares about his look.

The man has looked like a 20-something for like 30 years now.

Leto just looks too good. Remember, he's almost Affleck's age.

I was kinda hoping maybe he'd get surgery or something and he'd hide in plain sight, maybe even kidnap and impersonate someone close to Batman. But no. He just cuts his face off, disappears, then goes back for it and staples it back on.

They did do that "pretending to be someone else" thing on the SECOND Joker arc, though. But by this time he'd been healed with magical magic water.

this

Dandy gang leader that cracks himself up, sorta like 80s joker

No, he's too "pretty", needs to look rougher and old, Batman's supposed to be nearly 50, so the Joker should look the same, I'm pretty sure they're the same age.

That also means they've been fighting for 20+ years, he'd look terrible.

>Batman's supposed to be nearly 50
lol no, that's why they reboot the books every five years or so, so that the characters stay the same. Batman is about 30

>Joker who can actually apply makeup is a good thing

Except Heath Ledger Joker was the best Joker we've had to date. He was actually believable, funny in a way that wasn't 'breaking out in song and dance with a jambox playing Prince' funny, and his performance had nuance / depth to it, where you believed with all his little twitches and speech idiosyncrasies and arbitrary compulsive lying that he was a real person.

I saw The killing joke movie two days ago.

I'm not much into comics but it was cool, why isn't it considered the canon ending for joker?

Dark Knight Returns joker is a much better take on that

I'm talking in terms of the cinematic universe, Bruce has been doing this for a while in the movies, so the Joker has been too.

Don't forget, Snyder also hates Damian Wayne because he has a 10 year old son, so we're stuck with shitty not-Tim Drake Duke Thomas as "Lark"
King says he's coming back though
Joker Baby

>actors need lips
r u srs m8?
>2016
>not knowing what CGI is
>not knowing ADR is a thing
>what is a dub

doesn't get more based than Joker killing all the bad guys with poison popcorn because they might have hogged Batman's attention away from him

Call me crazy, but the Hair on Leto was too "fake", it looks like it's glowing, it doesn't look like a "natural green", as weird as that sounds, it needs to be more pale and dark

He needs to grin too, like a madman, at most he smirks in the movie.

because DC editorial will literally not allow him to die

Moore wrote that whole story with the intention of Batman killing the Joker or at the very least Joker dying somehow

What do you mean "ending"?

It's implied Batman just laughed and took the Joker away, waiting until next time. and the next, and the next.

>King says he's coming back though

I don't like him much with Bruce. Him and Dick were like Yin and Yang, Damian and Bruce are Yang and Yang.

So what were the major problems with Snyder's Batman run?

I kinda like the idea that while Batman's been aging like shit, Joker's just been living wonderfully. He has a pristine, ageless face because the biggest problem he has in his life is losing a toy.

>It's implied Batman just laughed and took the Joker away, waiting until next time. and the next, and the next.

Stop being in denial, it's obviously meant to imply Batman killed him. The story is pointless otherwise. At the absolute bare minimum, it's meant to be ambiguous with the question everyone thinks about at the end being whether or not he did it.

>inb4 'muh Alan Moore says he didn't die'

That's because he wasn't allowed to kill him for real so he just left it ambiguous.

Endless out of character exposition
Shock value
blundering the ends of arcs
Redoing amazing stories in an easier, less exciting, Nolan-fied way. All the Morrison stuff, Year One, etc.

>mfw I actually stumble on something interesting on this meme-board

agreed and it's more sorta spooky and uncanny

What is your opinion on the Joker's sexual/romantic comments toward Batman? I kinda find the love angle interesting. DC apparently censored most of it out for the trade paper back

Batman doesn't kill, he would stay his hand, and my guess is that's why he laughed with the Joker, because at the end of all this horror, the Joker still gets to live, so all Batman can do is enjoy a brief joke with him, a brief human moment, until they meet as enemies again and again.

The time when someone hit Captain America's shield super hard so the like metal in the shield got some sort of problem on an atomic level, but because it was adamantium or whatever it was magic(?) and connected to all the adamantium that there was in the world. And for some other reason being broken like the way it was broken means it explodes. And there's a big load of adamantium in Africa, and if it explodes it will destroy the world, so like there's this shockwave moving across the world blowing up the adamantium and if it gets to Africa the planet will be destroyed so they have to stop it.

tbqh, since leto is kinda shitting on the DCEU (and I'm on his side), WB could replace him with a more willing actor and use this joker.

>Batman doesn't kill

False. He literally says multiple times in that story that either the Joker will kill him or he'll kill the Joker.

the tattoos and the grill were a huge mistake though.

For, which? Killing Joke, TDKR? I'd say it's more prevalent in the latter. As a theme it's a little too.. obvious. Sexually at least. A romance of sorts, mutual star crossed destructive relationship thing in which they project onto each other is apt.

Morrison is getting lazier with age.

Eh, this was huge and had a big impact on the story. Oberon Sexton was more of a joke, a funny twist aside from the main arc.

How could they make the Joker even edgier than this? Would it be possible?

Perhaps he gets Harley to remove his heart and brain and transplant them into some kind of voodoo magic-revived corpse of some evil eastern European jester from medieval times or something.

Literally the point of the story was to stablish that Joker and Batman are opposite sides of the same coin, a concept that every Joker story therefrom is based on.

>liking real life ship manips
Someone stop that absolute fucking madman.

It was disappointing, I was with it up until the finale, where Joker didn't actually accomplish anything. Court of Owls had more weight than this arc did.

Yeah, I like it to be honest. Adds an interesting dimension to the Joker. It's extremely prevalent in Death of the Family. More so there than I think any other Batman story. DC cut most of it out for the trade paper back.

This better be the plot of Cap 4

>How could they make the Joker even edgier than this? Would it be possible?

There is one way.

No, that's retarded, obvious, and uninteresting. It's a better story than that.

NO.

such edgy bullshit... a Joker for the ISIS nihilistic age I guess.

Sad.

pic related