Decide to give it a shot since people on here won't shut up about it

>Decide to give it a shot since people on here won't shut up about it.
>yawn.jpg
I don't get it, can somebody explain what all the fuss is about? It's like the worst parts of Tim and Eric done in the style of Wondershowzen except with out any substance. It's like they're trying to be provocative (read: edgy) by being vaguely racist and homophobic, and it's all done in service of suggesting at a deeper meaning, but there's really nothing there. Why do people like this garbage?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JuZBgxTwtIE
youtube.com/watch?v=9Hkov3QcCpQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a valuable culture war token.

Everything on adult swim is for stoned teenagers desu

>It's a Charls in drag sketch

Is there anything on earth less funny and/or interesting?

I think you have to understand what cultural ideals they're referencing first. If you don't, you won't be offended, and/or find it funny. It'll just seem dark and random.

Sounds like shit tier preaching to the choir not comedy.

Hard to get into my man, i found that with alot of MDE.

It's a kinda socially self destructive humor

>I think you have to understand what cultural ideals they're referencing first.
They're not being subtle in the slightest though. They're really hitting you over the head with their pretty basic premises. It's like the show assumes it's audience is stupid and then rewards them for understanding what the sketch is about after repeating it like 3 times.

Quads confirm.
Scam Hyde is a fucking hack.

It's okay if you don't get the references user

No he sounds pretty on the ball to me.

It's referencing stuff and poking fun of things that you aren't picking up on

It's nothing to do with being hipster or 2deep4u it's just you being a 16 y.o. who listens to avenged sevenfold

>It's like they're trying to be provocative (read: edgy) by being vaguely racist and homophobic
So you havent watched a second of it?
nice thread.

tranny charls is fucking hot so it makes up for the boring skit every time

this kind of humor goes over kids heads I've found. heh... the red pill isn't for everyone.....

>he

Yeah sure

good taste

>dubs
>quaads
being Hyde must be suffering

That's funny, because I'm 30 and this is the same bullshit argument people have been throwing around for years with anything Tim and Eric have done. You're automatically assuming anyone that doesn't like it must be younger than you and various other character traits instead of just simply addressing why you feel like there's substance and value in something that is clearly trying to come off as if it has substance and value. It's just >le blacks and >teh jooz stuck in a Wondershowzen filter.

Because every once in a while Sam will snap and go on a shooting rampage, the absolute madman!

And he gets away with it by saying "lol it was just a prank" and the courts let him off citing the First Amendment.

>except with out any substance.

2deep4u

If there's nothing there (for you) just move on.

It has far more substance than anything you're currently watching, you clearly don't understand it.

just pure garbage. with "so much meaning, bro"

youtube.com/watch?v=JuZBgxTwtIE

It is ok to not like MDE World Peace. We all have different experiences and sensibilities.

WP requires an IQ of at least 115 to fully understand

>tim and eric

opinion on television/comedy invalidated.

don't ever listen to anyone that compares a "weird" show with T&E. they are wrong no matter what.

it's a very interesting show and the only people complaining about it are idiots who don't get it and give it an unneeded self importance that not even fans of sam's comedy would give it.

>It's a Sam's been reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ep

their costume and set work is top tier desu but they need to cut back on the meta shit and deliver a proper narrative

At the end he actually explains how i got kicked out of my parents place. holy shit

I think it's popularity is a symptom of a larger trend of dumbing down and societal divisiveness within pop culture that's been going on for around the last ten years or so. Shows like this are clearly striking a chord with a big swath of the population because they're scratching a really disturbing itch. The overall themes are pretty simple- you can tell based on the targets they go after. Compare it to a visually and tonally similar show like Wondershowzen. They were going after racists and the ridiculousness of people being divided when we're all really similar. Compare that to MDE WP ten years later where they're going after weak males and making jokes about black people being on disability. They both clearly have messages and both go about presenting them in similar ways, but with pretty much opposite meanings for the viewer.

It's the same reason why Brexit happened, or why Donald Trump stayed in the race as long as he has, or even the tonal shift in board culture on Sup Forums in the last 10 years. It's a really disturbing trend, and god help you if you criticize it, because everyone will just say you "just don't get it, man!"

Reminder that this show is the ultimate pleb filter

>Why do people like this garbage?
because it's vaguely racist and homophobic. they want the Sup Forums audience

>because it's vaguely racist and homophobic
what the fuck? no its not.
When did they laugh at blacks or fags?

I'm terribly sorry, your mind is too far gone from years of exposure to 'safe', establishment-approved material to really have a hope of understanding what they're driving at with some of these sketches.

If anything there's more substance hidden away in that Wall Show sketch than anything else in televised comedy for at least 20 years. All I can suggest is that you re-watch it a couple of times and pay very careful attention to all the seemingly-incidental details, or just move on and continue your blissfully ignorant existence.

If racist or homophobia bothers you, this isnt rhe website you should be on. We arent liberal here.

>We
Lmao fucking kill yourself

Sorry about Bernie, guys :((( At least you still have Eric Andre and your parents' weed.

what if you really just dont get it and are a fucking retard

We have plenty of shows mocking le evil straight white man, why can't we have one show calling out the constant liberal circlejerk that's prevalent in our culture?

Black women aren't some fucking sacred cows (cows, maybe) that are 100% immune from jokes. Get the fuck out of here with that. No one should be off limits. No one, no thing.

Sounds like tokenism to me.

Except black women face oppression and hatred every day of their lives and don't deserve this treatment while white males do. It's like picking on the disabled kid. MDE just mocks easy targets and acts like assholes about it and the 12 year olds get a real kick in the jimmies out of it

haha ok dude

this is a great mother and the white man just b judgin

That's not funny. That's just a symptom of systematic oppression by the white people in power. This is the result of lack of school funding and discrimination in employment. Plus it's just weed. There's no harm in a few puffs of a joint for a kid, weed has many medicinal benefits and positives. White people give their kids fucking beer, way worse.

looks like you made out like a bandit on your cherry picking trip!
Not that dude, and his shit seems like bait, but the point of satire is to question power and punch up. Picking on the little guy is just shitty and get's society nowhere at best.

sacred cows exist to be mocked

it is possible that you're just worried about the fact that your endless source of liberal brownie points which you are so high on from years of empty and unintelligent virtue signaling is being depleted, and can probably sense the impending withdrawal you are going to be facing as culture shifts away from being something that applauds and "Likes" you as though you are some kind of unique, morally superior and original, revolutionary individual for aggressively dehumanizing human individuals by calling them "racists" "sexists" and "bigots" on Facebook due to their publicly believing and expressing things that aren't 100% in line with your "Teams" official belief and Narratives

Everyone needs to be picked on once in awhile.

Except these groups currently hold the power in our society. You're not allowed to criticize any of these groups ever and they get pandered to constantly by everyone in the media.

Fuck off back to tumblr

>minorities and women
>the little guy
>in [current year]

wew lad

>makes fun of welfare niggers
>"you can't be a fly nigga if you raise your hand"
>Sam's blackface

>the point of satire is to question power and punch up
jesus fuck no it isnt. That's why leftist faggots are making such shitty comedy.

satire should make fun of bad ideas.

>complaining about black/gay jokes

I guess every other show on Adult Swim needs to be cancelled too huh?

this thread convinced me to hate this show

You poor, uneducated, stubborn fool,

It is with great interest that I must inform you that both your logic and your reasoning are flawed, and that you are obviously misinformed about the topic in hand. To be honest, you represent the small part of every community which lack the ability to think and comprehend things like humans do. In fact, your mental capabilities would closely resemble that of a lump of turd. I had second thoughts writing this, as I am not sure if you have the skills associated with reading. I kindly ask you, on behalf of everyone else, to kill yourself, thereby removing yourself from the gene pool to prevent people like you from being born.
You have permission to writhe in your own idiocy.

Sincerely,
Your intellectual superior.

This
You're such fucking pussies. Family Guy is the tamest fucking shit on the network and they've made fun of every group under the sun. I bet you the pot-smoking liberals love that though.

>you just don't like it because it doesn't agree with your political views
Every time, I loved it when Ghostbusters 2016 pulled the same card. Talk about hypocrisy.
No, the show is just not funny, how about that?

nobody here has listed why this shoe is good outside of saying, its good because it aligns with my worldview

the ideas that dominate our society are liberal one's though.

Are you really trying to argue that black women have more opportunities than other groups and don't face discrimination in society?

Looks like right wingers also crave shameless pandering.

it's pretty funny sometimes
i liked the wall skit and the male prostitute one. the wall had some good zingers ("like a car with a bad carfax" line was great)

i don't care about political bullshit because i'm not an easily offended retard who lets that stuff cloud his judgement. i like eric andre and i like this show because they make me laugh. that's it.

It's good because its funny

what's the most underrated MDE video?

You're just mad that Jon Stewart laughing at neocons isnt relevant anymore.

More people should listen to this guy.

how many comments have you read starting with "as a black woman, I..." as if that automatically makes their opinions better?

They don't in the media.
They have as much opportunity as any other group. If they do well in school, they'll get into any university they want. They're more likely to get hired due to diversity quotas. Many of them make bad choices like having kids at a young age and not having a stable family to raise them. That's their fault, not society's.

"White privilege" isn't a real thing.

Faggot

>That's their fault, not society's.
How the fuck is it their fault they were born into those conditions?

MDE humour really is an aquired taste. I remember I didn't really get the jokes until I saw the TED talk prank. I then slowly started watching more skits and now skits like murder charls, moms, and 9/11-2 are some of my favourites. Plus I think Charls has made me gay.

b-b-but the schools dont give them birth control and shieeeet so whitey's responsible

yeah, that's why so many go to college and drop out.
They are showered with scholarships, they are then showered with job offers for having a black pussy.
If a black woman has an ounce of intelligence and ambition, she gets fucking rich. Most dont.

they've also used sarcasm and post-irony in their response as to why this show is good, as in "you need 130 IQ to understand it" or "you're just not in with it gramps"

any golden age Adult Swim show blows this raft out of the water.

Same.
This is the one that really made it click
youtube.com/watch?v=9Hkov3QcCpQ

Those conditions didn't force them to have kids they couldn't take care of. Their decision making did.

They're poor? Born into a broken home? Ok, so are millions of other Americans of various ethnicities, skin colors, and creeds. It's not a unique case to black women.

They have unprotected sex at 13 with a dumb nigger who leaves. How is that whitey's fault?

You know there is something going on when people get this buttblasted about a show and really go out of their way to critize it

>vaguely racist and homophobic

there's nothing vague about

>waaaaaah 4chin isn't my groupthink right wing safe space waaaaaah people express different opinions than I have on an anonymous Taiwanese shrimping expedition board waaaaaah

Leftists only understand crying. That's why when you get made fun of or told to fuck off or stop being a faggot, you take it as crying.
It's literally all you know.

>Systematic oppression

Sam, stop shitposting on Sup Forums...

I like it because it feels like reading a racist homoerotic bodybuilding forum at 4 am while listening to nasheeds and drinking preworkout (jack3d original formula, none of that gay new shit)

>waaaaah a right wing gamergator MRA told me to leave waaaaaaah this site isnt a safe space to be a faggot waaaaaaaaah

Sam?

Because the socio-economic conditions in black communities and the lack of funding for schools and childcare is what is causing this perpetual cycle.
You can't just expect them to break out of it without getting some sort of advantage.

we have been investing in niggers for 50 years.
Not only have we received nothing in return, but blacks have become more impoverished, more degenerate, and more demanding.

>weed is harmless give it to your kids

ok not worth arguing with you anymore

he can grab the bar pretty easily it's not that high

his hand is right there. just get a little closer and grab on. but he wants a handout.

you're right, very accurate

>Because the socio-economic conditions in black communities and the lack of funding for schools and childcare is what is causing this perpetual cycle.
so we need mo dem programs? We have been pouring cash into the ghettos. Niggers stopped working and started having 30 kids named Tinky and Dayqwon and Le-a
There is no solution to black failure. They fail everywhere they exist on earth. We simply aren't equal.

>it's a Sup Forums kiddie can't handle the banter, samefags and quietly leaves the thread episode

>It's a really disturbing trend,

You have to know that shit was bait, right? He made several glaring logical fallacies to set his post up as a straw man.

Point out where I said anything about my political views, friends. :^)

And lmao fucking kill yourselves.

if you would rather just watch Space Ghost over and over again, go for it. I'm not entertained by it anymore, I've already seen it. I don't want to watch Eric Andre play out an old comedic style until it has lost all original character and soul.

I remember when Tim and Eric came out there were countless threads like this and arguments about it, just exactly like this... people trying to defend why they liked it and people ripping it apart, I remember feeling the exact same way back then, defensive. turns out that show just grew bigger and bigger and now pretty much everyone likes it and you'd be REALLY FUCKING hard pressed to find people saying the same stuff about it that they said when it first came out

>responding seriously to an obvious troll

>We have been pouring cash into the ghettos.
Yeah except it doesn't go to the people who really need it.
Most of these projects are really just jobs programs for nearby white districts.

triggered?

Whoops, forgot to link your post too.