youtube.com/watch?v=OAB4uGGquX4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because it is

because it is

because it is desu

because it is

soOOoooOOoo LITERARY!!! !

Because they can't get into Bone Machine

what are considered the best songs on it? it sounds like a weird collage of the worst of waits forward and backward in his career

it's a snowball, some guy says it's the best album so nowadays when people have the choice to listen to anything by tom waits they go for it and they think it's good and they haven't heard the rest so it's the best by default

But this is his best work desu

because redditors have shit taste

its clearly swordfishtrombones

>he's not the one playing accordion on the cover
>the glass isn't actually balanced on the accordion

how have I never noticed this.

Also this album has what might be his best song (Temptation).

my favorites are gun street girl, clap hands, cemetery polka, and jockey full of bourbon

I've listened to all of it, he has a ton of great stuff but this is my favorite.

you also sound like a massive fucking faggot

Bone Machine his best album

*Alice FTFY

Frank's Wild Years and Heartattack and Vine are my least favourite Waits records desu

Idk why, but I assume it's because they don't know Swordfishtrombones and Bone Machine exist.

Time. I love sad ballads Waits.

youtube.com/watch?v=OAB4uGGquX4

Because of this BASED man right here

It's one of these 3, just depends what sort of mood I'm in. Clearly some artists have a best album, but Tom Waits isn't one of them.

nighthawks is so underrated

Rain Dogs is very hipster-friendly. Swordfishtrombones is the better album, but it's too abstract for most people to fully appreciate. Rain Dogs takes the exact same ideas, flattens them out with a mallet, and reworks them with more straightforward song structures.

There's also a lesser percentage of both instrumentals and songs where he does the Beefheart voice.

the patricians choice

its definitely his most consistent, I love all of his albums but Nighthawks has no duds