What's your opinion on bitcoin

What's your opinion on bitcoin
Sup Forums?The price always goes up long term and I always regretted not buying earlier. Should I invest in it?

Other urls found in this thread:

unetbootin.github.io/)
lifewire.com/big-sites-that-accept-bitcoin-payments-3485965
news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-accepted-260000-stores-summer/
yobit.io/en/trade/XBY/BTC/?bonus=gllvp
coinbase.com/join/544b5bf8e5a51216eb00000
yobit.io/?bonus=gllvp
docs.google.com/document/d/1MXdbr7v4e6sPzuEj71Bhty-0OvccsXMCo0y0pV6XD-c/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its a bubble about to explode
it just might go up to $3k before it does tho

its like playing russian roulette at this point

>Should I invest in it?
Yes. Take the sum of money, of which you won't lose your shit, if the price tanks. Buy bitcoins with that and store them on a cold storage paper wallet. Don't even think about selling for 24 months.

The price will go down eventually, but it will go up, probably. I've been a holder since 2012 and the longest period of steady price decline was 18 months. But, on the other hand, there hasn't been a 18 month period, at the end of which, I didn't regret not having gone all in.

To be honest, if you're young and have no financial obligations, other than day to day expenses and rent etc, I'd just go all in.

But again, you also have to read up on stuff and store your bitcoins securely.

invest its gonna rise above its current price as its the most likely crypto currency to be accepted mainstream but after that its any ones guess

There was time that you could earn some money from it. About week ago it was the best moment.

Now it's getting harder to trade bitcoin and this whole bubble is going to explode soon. Don't get all exited with prices going even 5 k per bit. It's really complicated to sell them now and I don't know how it will be in the end.

Maybe there will be another crypto but now - it's not worth whole trouble. There is too much risk involved. People are selling out equipment. Yesterday I saw first auction of about 50 AMD's cards.

Lol at this user.

And if you really want to invest in something - try gold for example.

Or educate yourself for fuck sake.
www.investopedia.com

You should only invest if you believe the Blockchain technology is going to be widely more used.

Don't listen to anyone saying it is a bubble that will burst soon. It could burst in 10 minutes or it could continue to $10,000, it all depends on the demand.

I bought in 2013 at $230 and again at $350 because I saw the potential in the Blockchain. If you share that vision, then yes - buy.

buy bitcoin and use it to invest in various shitcoins. MOON coin for one

Bitcoin is Beanie Babies.

It's fiat currency, backed by NOTHING and overly easy to manipulate.

I'm surprised that it survived the LAST time it was deemed worthless.

There's no intrinsic value in it, but it's easy to send money quickly and securely. so already better than money

>Lol at this user.
Why? Because I'm 30 and can probably retire in like 5 years?

>There was time that you could earn some money from it.
> Now it's getting harder to trade bitcoin

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Don't trade, you'll only lose money. Buy and hold.

when you looking to cash out

Op here. I bought bitcoins for 150 €. I don't particulary care if I lose that money. I consider buying more.But why is cold storage so important? I have a wallet on blockchain.info is it really that insecure?
Maybe I will educate myself on other forms of invesment aswell.

Lowest price in 3 years was $210

>implying $210 is worthless

Try harder

Name at least three fucking contacts that I can sell my whole wallet in like one transaction and I will admit that you are right.

>Buy and hold.

And have a worthless pice of code on internet in like three months. Great advice.

Go ahead OP. Take a loan.

i mean, economies grow with time and bitcoin is still a developing economy, giving it a high rate of return over time. The developing Bitcoin economy should definitely continue to show increasing returns over the long term, barring any new tech that makes it outdated and useless (which is not likely)

The only time I see myself cashing out is if I desperately need the money. Only 11-12% of my portfolio is in crypto, mostly Bitcoin. A lot of regular stocks I'd sell before crypto.

preferably you should download electrum you can google it its pretty easy

hello user.
I have some btc on my wallet, i dont trading, and dont know about it just have that a piece and planed to convert that. Should I wait a week or sell right now? Thx btc-user. Picrandom

Cold storage is important, because you don't know which attack vectors will present themselves in the future.

Cold storage means, that the bitcoin key/address-pair was created on a machine, that was never connected to the internet (or a network in general). So there is no chance of the key ever leaking. Even if it turns out a year from now, that the browser you used had a vulnerability, or the OS, or any other of the millions of components in a modern, general purpose operating system. You don't have to have a dedicated machine to achieve that. Create a live linux usb or dvd (unetbootin.github.io/) and put bitaddress.org on another usb drive to create a paper wallet. There are a million tutorials out there.

Blockchain.info sucks balls, they had massive security issues in the past.

What do you mean with "contact"? If I want to sell my whole stash, I'd do that on Kraken.com. They have huge volumes.

>And have a worthless pice of code on internet in like three months. Great advice.

Someone's bitter he knew about bitcoin for months or years, but was too much of a pussy to buy in. But it's not too late. We just entered the $1k to $10k window of adoption cycle. The fact that securing your bitcoins is still a PITA shows, that mass adoption is still far in the future.

yeah I would've invested a long time ago but never had the money spare or atleast spent the bitcoin or so I had on the o so vast illicit markets

Thanks user! Will do this first thing tomorrow.

no. dont. invest in golem. the price is going up right now.

Fuck bitcoin, buy Ether.

i have several contacts i can sell bulk amounts of bitcoin to cash in post

Which is the most popular altcoin right now?

Ethereum, if anyone says shitcoin they're lying to you

By far Ethereum. As of today it has around 55% of Bitcoins market cap.

for the love of god, invest in golem.

why did people start to buy bitcoins in the first place ? I really don't understand that. I mean it's fucking nothing, just some bits in an algorithm. Why would any sane person invest money into nothing ? Looks more like a scam to me.
Like i could print my own home-made money and convince morons to buy it.

What do you think fiat money is?

It's decentralized. No one has any authority over bitcoin and no one has the ability to just generate more. There is a maximum number of bitcoins that can ever exist, and that number will never change.

It all depends on amount of fucktards that brought it in the first place to pay for pizza or some other stuff...

Now they want to sell it. Simple as that.

>There is a maximum number of bitcoins that can ever exist

I'm curious af. What is the number?

The value proposition is trustless, peer-to-peer transaction between any two parties that have internet access. Solving the byzantine generals problem using prove of work and a blockchain is nothing short of genius. It's not "lol, i can make tokens too you know". We know that, everybody can try to convince people to use their tokens and to trust them that you'll never screw with the system. Bitcoin is the first and most successful technology, where trust in the system, and thus into mathematics and the laws of physics itself, not in a 3rd party, was achieved.

Well going back it really caught on the black market (selling of drugs, guns etc.) because it's pretty much impossible to follow the money around and figuring out who owns which wallet.

Almost 21 million
Actual number is like 20999999.9... and some more digits.

Okay but what does Bitcoin represents as a currency? What does it cover?

Okay. But what about miners and people that are getting even more of bitcoins?

Simple

Does monies really make you happy, gentlemen?

Don't blindly invest... If you can't tell me why it may be a bubble, what will increase the price, and why it is more valuable than their competitors don't even try. Also you may research the scalability issue they are having which could cause an exit.

I believe in blockchain tech and fintech so I invested in Ethereum and just use but coin to transfer funds or swing my ETH

Money which you can send/receive with:
1. Anonymity
2. Decentralization

As I understand the concept of anonymity the decentralization is a mystery for me.

What does bitcoin exaclty represents? What I can do with that besides trading with other people over the internet?

Buy shit in japan. Bitcoin is more of a fiat currency, while other alt-coins are more like stocks.

21 million is the max number of bitcoins. As miners mine, they're not exactly generating bitcoins, its more like they're discovering them. Miners also get Bitcoin for doing processing work. Whenever you make a transaction with Bitcoin, it charges a very small processing fee. Miners receive this fee.

As Bitcoin are "discovered", they become harder and harder to mine. We may never get the last couple of possible Bitcoin. In order to dissuade miners from just stopping once there aren't enough Bitcoin left, they process the transactions and earn the fee.

Link to anything I can buy with bitcoins? Maybe an auction or something?

checked, also

>lifewire.com/big-sites-that-accept-bitcoin-payments-3485965

>news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-accepted-260000-stores-summer/

It doesn't represent anything. It has value because people want it and agree it has value. Just like fiat currency(real money) is. Just pieces of paper or numbers on computers, it has value because people agree it has, it's not even based on gold like it used to, it's ficitional.

Decentralization basically just mean no one within the network has authority over another.

If the demand is present, stores will begin to accept crypto and crypto will act as a currency.

It's quite simple, the trick is to launder it. Feds can't do anything unless they catch you in person manning the keyboard. You build a tiny server in linux that allows terrorists and cartel to move large sums of money through your bitcoin. Charge them a small fee and buy more bitcoin. Rinse and repeat.

BTC will be 10k USD this time next year. Since you're sitting in front of a computer, why aren't you getting on the crypro coin train, investing in sub penny coins and flipping them

Pic related:

yobit.io/en/trade/XBY/BTC/?bonus=gllvp

> real money

Go to bed kiddo, you're drunk

its perfect to invest now. :3 Especially with a soft fork comming on 1. August. lel.

Please buy so i can sell higher.

Err pic

Started with £60

>past performance is not a prediction of future performance
>economics 101

Whoops, this is a few days old, should be

how do i get even started?
ans which program or app do i have to get

Get some bitcoin

coinbase.com/join/544b5bf8e5a51216eb00000

It's a pain in the tits. If you can afford it, get $100. That link will give you a bonus $10 if you get at least $100.

Register with some exchanges, like yobit

yobit.io/?bonus=gllvp

Then, here's the hard part, spend at least 4 hours watching what the fuck other people do. Most of the alt coins are very cheap, literally fractions of a penny.

You'll start to notice them get pumped, buy low sell high.

I mean by at 1 sat, sell at 5, 10 or whatever. Just to get a feel for it.

Once you've doubled your money start to read about the tech behind the coins. Of you're not technical keep to the first strategy.

Don't be too greedy. Don't get emotional, set yourself rules and stick to them.

Blockfolio is available for free on android/iOS. Its a great way to track your investments.

Most of all, these exchanges are full of idiots, talking utter shit.

Watch peoples actions, not what say is going to happen.

In spent ~9hrs watching people pump and dump literally worthless coins/tokens.

You can easily jump in, buy cheap and setup a sell order (literally one click) to automatically sell at a price you're happy with.

Pic unrelated

Keep in mind though, if you dont get put before the pump ends and the dumping begins, you may end up not making as much, or some times having to hold a load of shit coins until the next time they pump.

Since the prices are literally fractions of a penny (you'll get thousands, if not 10s or hundreds of thousands of coins as the lowest levels), if they increase from 1 sat to 2 SATs, a tiny increase your volume means you'll do OK.

Never put all your eggs in one basket.

Divetsify

Patience is key.

Honestly, I can't stress this enough

For free Bitcoin, hang around here on my birthday, I ask a question, always light hearted, and give out BTC for answers. It's between Nov 25th and DEC 5th

Bump

Ask your crypto related questions

buy more.

Tomorrow, DGB press conference, read the white paper. It'll reach 1$USD per coin

Envy is the most visible of human emotions...

Because you see intrinsic value on paper ?

Great innovation bc it allows for true digital asset (might be for storing value like bitcoin but could be anything else really)

Also, how come Sup Forums is not the home of cryptoanarchists ?

Aside from btc other crypto is up so fucking much, to call it a bubble is almost insane to me, it's possible the people who bought in were early adopters of a new industry... Maybe even if you bought in right now you'd be in early, I have a friend who made $100k off $500 in crypto, the increase is crazy, but it could just be the beginning if we're being real with ourselves...still too risky for me brothers.

Not sure why you think that, care to elaborate? Doesn't seem that interesting of tech to me

If you have cash you don't mind losing, its quite possibly the investment with the highest expected return, albeit high variance as well. Probably one of the best bets you could make, but its still a bet. I'm young and had money in stocks I was saving for retirement, and I put it all in a couple weeks ago. If I lose it all its not a big deal, but if I hit it then I could retire extremely young.

How old are you, I'm 21...also where would I buy them? And Which ones?

They have little worth in the real world.
Unless you're anonymously buying illegal items or are a multi-millionaire who trades with other multi-millionaires you should never feel bad about not falling for le interweb money meme.

>Unless you're anonymously buying illegal items or are a multi-millionaire who trades
That's totally not true, people mine coins to get bitcoin, or they farm for them from faucets. Poloniex alone has 40,000+ people online right now. People are slowly realizing that cryptocurrencies are on their way up.

I was being told this on Sup Forums in 2009 until 2012 when I stopped listening.

and lets see, if you had bought even $10 of bitcoin in 2009, you'd have had 10,000 bitcoins, worth ~$27,000,000 right now.

June 2009 1 BTC = 0.0001 USD

I'm 19 but I've been working/investing for a few years so I can afford to do this.

And the answer to your questions depend on how much risk youre willing to take, and how much effort you want to put in.

Highest effort: polinex or bittrex. I would suggest buy at least some of the bitcoin and ethereum. The way you could make the most money is investing in small coins that you think have potential; however, to do this effectively you NEED to do lots of research.

Low effort: Coinbase.com buy bitcoin and ethereum

Keep in mind these are all investments that you need to keep an eye on if you want to minimize risk. This means, keep up on the news and know what might cause them to drop or increase in value.

Just look at how much more worth BTC has compared to 2012. If you had gotten into it at that point and you'd cash out now you would have made a couple tousand bucks if not more depending on your initial invesment.

To everyone and Good primer on investing in cryto

docs.google.com/document/d/1MXdbr7v4e6sPzuEj71Bhty-0OvccsXMCo0y0pV6XD-c/edit

$1 worth

Sweet, now I can buy all the guns and drugs I don't want with my Monopoly money.

you could cash it in through coindesk to paypal, are you really that dense?

I remember when people would try to give me multiple bitcoins in exchange for small favors. Sadly I didn't keep track of them at all

coinbase*

ITT: people not realizing that monopoly money can be sold for $2.7k

You should have listened in 2009 and bought some... I bought 47 BTC in 2010 and wish I had a lot more.