Zack the hack snyder is a really bad nolan wannabe

prove me wrong pro-tip: you cant

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T1GSnipRR3U
youtube.com/watch?v=ZmdWPv5R_J8
youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho
youtube.com/watch?v=oubpznpVtvI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Zack Snyder makes the visual compositions Nolan can only dream of without ripping off Satoshi Kon

agreed user.

This guy.

BvS is far and away better than the Nolan trilogy. Beautifully shot action, pathos, testosterone, painterly composition and modern mythos. Nolan's sloppy, self important "Batman" flicks don't hold a candle to Batfleck already.

BVS was hack's attempt at nolans batman trilogy its fucking obvious

not saying nolans trilogy its the best, i think its overhyped but still good. at least its coherent

i do think nolans stuff is overhyped, but its more coherent than hacks stuff.

No, he's a bad Michael Bay wannabe

are there really anyone thinking all jesus/christianity imagery crap was deep? It was used so blatantly it became comical at some point

this
Zack is obsessed with CGI explosions.

>if the bat won't do it then the devil will!
>LOOK HE HAS A HALO
>LMAO SYMBOLISM.

Which is it you fucking idiots.

When is religious imagery deep?

When it's not conveying that someone's a god.

There's about four different levels that imagery works on, and none of them convey the message that Clark's a god, at least not in the conventional sense. Want to see some truly meaningless uses of religious/mythological imagery? Go watch Superman Returns.

For some odd reason, Singer gets a pass, though. I wonder why that would be.

bamping for moar butthurt.

A: Singer did not get a pass for superman returns. That movie is objectively awful and universally panned.

B: singer "got a pass" for the "jesus imagery" in superman returns because it takes legitimate mental gymnastics to even see any sort of jesus imagery in superman returns.

>universally panned.

There's images of him as Atlas and Jesus both. They're not exactly hard to spot.

>7/10 is good

i want the ride to end

Should he have humped the kryponite continent into space and then done a cannonball back to earth?

Okay, you ready? Here it goes. Now pay attention.

youtube.com/watch?v=T1GSnipRR3U

vs

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmdWPv5R_J8
youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho

vs

youtube.com/watch?v=oubpznpVtvI

>7/10 isn't good
I want Sup Forums to leave.

>7/10
>universally panned

Pick one.

>the worst scenes from TDKR and BB vs batfleck turing into smoke and recovering from a knife to the shoulder in half a second

... TOUGH CALL

It really wasn't anything like Nolan's films though

No and i didnt say it was but he was clearly going for the same tone.

Jesus christ you're a moron.

Not an argument.

Not a brain cell

Yes, clearly you dont have a brain cell, we know. Your point?

>NO U!

wew lad

Are you implying that I'm being unfair or that it's unfair how Nolan's Batman movies are praised at all?

You didnt refute my point you just made an ad homien remark which is not an argument. What, exactly, is so hard to grasp faggot?

You're both right. Nolan's Batman lived in a gritty, "real" world throughout the trilogy. MoS and BvS take place in a world that's transitioning in tone from a Nolanesque setting to something more in keeping with actual comics, and it's a commentary on the history of comics over the past thirty years.

Cynics and haters will deny this.

>Nolan's Batman lived in a gritty, "real" world throughout the trilogy.
I didn't know armed people in real world would rather just drop down their weapons and start a brawl.

OP the crime isnt that Zack is a wanna be Nolan, people have drives they try to achieve and fail miserably but they at least tried.

No the crime here is that WB rewards a wanna be nolan with keys to the kingdom.

Imagine if disney left Whedon with the keys to Marvel.

> MoS and BvS take place in a world that's transitioning in tone from a Nolanesque setting to something more in keeping with actual comics

That's a pretty desperate reach, considering the trailers for the next DCEU movies are all showing "nolanesque" tones and themes.

But we'll know whenever they actually hit.

Yes exactly. But see how hacks fanboys get all triggered?

The only fanboys I see are the ones puling like spoiled children about things they'd appreciate if they actually understood the stories they love for all the wrong reasons.

>if you dont understand it it means you stupid

is that what you saying?

There was nothing Nolanesque about Suicide Squad. The color palette and all those bright, neon, comic-booky graphics were pretty much exactly what I expected from the film.

I strongly suspect that Wonder Woman will co trade a grey, war-torn 20th century with a far more vibrant past. It would be far from the first time colors were used to indicate a transition into a more magical world.

No, he's more like a Ridley Scott wannabe.

Not stupid, necessarily, just immature.

suicide squad isnt snyder tho.

Neither is Wonder Woman, but wait and see.

How?! this is like revolver all over again.

>in a world that's transitioning in tone from a Nolanesque setting to something more in keeping with actual comics
That's just speculation headcanon at this point.

>it's a commentary on the history of comics over the past thirty years
It'd be the history of capeshit, not all comics, plus I'd be excited to see the DCEU follow through with that and just get even more character bloated and narrative-thinner as the years go by.

>e color palette and all those bright, neon, comic-booky graphics were pretty much exactly what I expected from the film.
It's more colorful than the trailers? I need to see it now. I reward color. Screw 3D for dulling everything.

Where are his tattoos?

>Age of Ultron gets 75% fresh and 1.4 billion dollars
>Disney cans Sensitive Joss Whedon because that is not good enough

>Man of Steel is 56% fresh and makes 668 million dollars
>Snyder gets to make BvS
>BvS is 27% fresh and makes 872 million dollars
>Snyder gets to make Justice League

Why does WB tolerate him? Surely nepotism isn't worth this.

At their worst, comics are mindless escapism. At their absolute best, they're social commentary that can broach a broad array of topics while still entertaining.

In other words, if you never grow out of reading them, you might have a problem. If you never grow out of reading them for the pretty pictures, the witty one-liners, and the power fantasies, you almost certainly do.

theres obviously something going on behind the scenes we dont know about

WB also hired a trailer house to re-edit their newest work of kino based on early social media reactions to a movie that wasn't even released yet.

They are not exactly masters of any craft.

The end credits are even dazzling. I thought I was having some sort of flashback.

>At their worst, movies are mindless escapism. At their absolute best, they're social commentary that can broach a broad array of topics while still entertaining.

>In other words, if you never grow out of watching them, you might have a problem. If you never grow out of watching them for the pretty explosions, the witty one-liners, and the power fantasies, you almost certainly do.

Medium doesn't dictate content.

>assuming i follow comics

nope. still doesnt make me immature that i dont get snyders films.

Every article talks about how 'behind' DC is in terms of building a cinematic universe.

I think the WB executives take that to heart and double down on their continuity, without realizing how retarded that is.

Continuity does seem to be their only goal, but you can retain continuity as well as hire different filmmakers.

his wife and her son are WB CEO. Snyder can keep making flops till the end of days.

Thank you for agreeing with me.

If you dont see Zasck Snyder as the modern Kubrick...then you are literally on the wrong side of history

You are like a Confederate soldier. Stop!

That's totally understandable. My biggest criticism of him is that his films aren't always all that accessible to people not extremely familiar with how comics and comics characters are frequently used in their very best stories - more allegories than characters.

>more allegories than characters
just wondering are there any Batman comics do this?

>At their worst, comics are mindless escapism
at their worst they are propaganda.
WE WUZ IRONWOMYN
WE WUZ REDHEADS
WE WUZ SPYDER MON
WE WUZ VALKEE REEE
WE WUZ ASGARDIANS
WE WUZ KANGZ
WE WUZ QYUENZ
WE WUZ EVERY THANG

>muh rotten tomatoes ratings!

Pretty insane when you think of it that way.

I think that even the most dedicated Synder/DCEU fanboys must admit that Warner Bros must be totally fucked for that kind of decision making.

Since when did any film companies stand by the integrity of a movie rather than money? How the hell do they stand by him after each movie time and time again?

jfc, is this a painting?

so you would rather Snyder movies be redditized like marvel movies? got it

I'm saying when people praise nolan's batman movies, they aren't talking about begins or TDKR

"The Dark Knight Returns" very much is. It's no coincidence that the nihilistic street gang he's going up against are called "The Mutants" and all walk around in visors that look like the X-Men character Cyclops.

It's Batman being pushed to the outer extreme of his moral code against a dark, gritty, amoral society, while simultaneously being one of the darkest, grittiest things in it,

Essentially, he's the embodiment of the morally inflexible old guard of heroes making a last stand against what's coming.

>Since when did any film companies stand by the integrity of a movie rather than money?
>the integrity of a movie
I'm sure WB's reasoning behind imitating Disney's stupid fucking extended universe deal, plus GotG tone for SS, and Avengers quips for JL are totally due to the advancement of film as an artform.

I'd just like for snyder to stop riding watchmen cock like its the end-all-be-all of comic books. There's hundreds of callbacks to it in every one of his movies.

Yeah. Contracts.

One of necessities of releasing 1-2 films per year is that everything has to be meticulously planned and shooting near simultaneously. So directors are often hired for 1-2 films in advance.

And while it sometimes happens (Thor 2, Ant-Man), breaching that contract can mean massive, not to mention expensive, legal repercussions for either/both parties.

Nope, that's live action.

Hey remember when Nolan made Inception. And then Snyder said he could do that to and made Sucker Punch. How did that one turn out?

name one "callback" in MoS or BvS

Jesus Imagery

Actually, Watchmen had callbacks to 300, MoS and BvS had callbacks to both.

i barely watched 5 minutes of inception and had to turn it off. total cringe fest. meanwhile i was there opening day for sucker punch and loved it.

different strokes man

"Who Watches the Watchmen?", that or its latin equivalent, is graffitied in that empty building during the titular fight.

>Watchmen
>Jesus imagery
Maybe if you've never read the fucking comic.

"Martha" reminded me of "Mother forgive me". It's no coincidence that Snyder cast JDM.

who's jesus in the watchmen?

Maybe read the fucking post

>name one "callback" in MoS or BvS

you're grasping hard at nothing

Considering considering snyder forced clark into a manhattan arc?

People of all political ideologies protesting superman, an alien?

The post before is claiming callbacks to Watchmen, and the guy you responded to asks for Watchmen callbacks.

Then you say "jesus imagery".

As a Watchmen callback.

only the nu-males were protesting him in the movie. ironic because the nu-males in real life protest snyder films

Oh alright I am the asshole then

TELL THAT TO ZOD'S SNAPPED NECK

If Superman's on anything, it's an inversion of a Manhattan arc - a guy that thinks he can remain somewhat aloof, live his life and do his good deeds slowly realizing that in order to not be seen as some sort of god, he's going to have to establish a rapport with the people he's protecting.

That's not ironic.

That's not even close to the colloquially bullshit definition of ironic.

lol Snyder is genius for putting this redditor in the movie

>something more in keeping with actual comics
holy fucking shit stop with this bullshit

comics don't have a singular tone that can and has only existed in comic books, and the only reason we think of comic books that way was because of the censorship during, forgive me, one of the ages back then
and it would be complete bullshit to simply just drop the the thematic weight which, done well or not, justifies the type of story that is being told

seethats godlike irony by Snyder

If you'd read the comic, rather than simply watched the movie, you'd know that is manhattan's exact arc.

That's not exactly what I'm saying. I'm saying that as we move more into a more magical, comic-booky world, the color palette is going to become more vibrant, the contrasts clearer, with brighter brights and darker darks, a more Superman-friendly world, one he both chose and forced to make sense.

That's a big nose

its numales that get off on the exaggerated depictions of masculinity/power.

And yea, actually look at the scene, not just the cropped image. Basically every american archetype is protesting superman.

so what you're saying is snyder predicted the fact his overly dark and dreary vision would fail to live up to WB's expectations and he anticipated how following movies would copy marvel.

bravo sndyer

or, even better, it wasn't the failure of BvS at all that caused the marvelfication! They were going to do that a-anyway!! Its been p-planed all along!!