/daily/ - OK hand Edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/山下達郎/僕の中の少年-boku-no-naka-no-shonen/
youtube.com/watch?v=_mdMb6bRXt4
youtube.com/watch?v=cMXBo-LQRYk
youtube.com/watch?v=PoJKpE165_w&t=184s
youtube.com/watch?v=7dM34pZscFA
exeyeband.bandcamp.com/
ffhks.bandcamp.com/album/jam
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Medium Rare Chicken Strips

first for we need new OP images

I listened to Watashi Dake? and it was fucking incredible. Where do I go next with Haino?

Also I'm gonna get back to the top 100 Japanese albums soon.

idk what else is like watashi dake, but Koko my guy
if u haven't heard any fushitsusha yet that's essential too

beerb

imagine getting fingered while you're high as shit on some perc 10s and waking up and finding jello crumbs in your pusy

weedb

Reverend Bizarre - In The Rectory of The Bizarre Reverend
Pretty good bit of doom/stoner stuff. Instrumentally well put together with some nice riffs, unique singer. The song “Cirith Ungol” is great, funerary tempo and high tension throughout.
3.5+
what's a meme-able album?

I could make one. Pick an album, if it's possible I will do it.

I'll try to do Peasant. In the meantime, suggest other covers for me to edit.

oh god nevermind, all that complex shrubbery will be hell to clean up and the font looks custom... maybe I'll do it anyway but lord it will take a while.

@lambo listen to this
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/山下達郎/僕の中の少年-boku-no-naka-no-shonen/

/daily/ - Dubs Housing
Maybe with meme images in the windows

>/daily/ - Dubs Housing
will potentially do

actually doing peasant, but it will take a while so bear with me.

I think you could probably do something with music for 18 musicians

was already done long ago

I also have it in higher res

Oh I didnt see that in the op image gallery

wew it's shit but I ain't wasting any more time cleaning this up.

Needs more security.... MOAR SECURITY!!! MOAAAARRRR!!!!!

okay I added the thing. Now it's done.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ???????? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

UUGH I said I wasn't going to clean it up but the tiny thing was irking me so I did it fugg :|

It's okay, I guess...

hey, not every cover is Sgt. Pepper's alright!

I mean I could add a super fast pigger going really fast or something but it isn't a very memeworthy cover desu. Fotm meme deserves an edit tho, at least.

I added the /s and kind of like it.

Ye this is a'ight. Dub housing next. Suggest window memes.

Saagara - 2 (2017)
>jazz fusion

Very cool spacey fusion. There's a major influence from Indian classical music that drives a lot of these pieces, but this whole album is indebted a lot more to drone and minimalism than anything else. There's really not much jazz here save for the usage of saxophones and such. Frankly, some of these jazz influences might seem shoehorned. But, the drones here are second to none, they're hypnotic and groovy, and completely enveloping. One of my new favorites of the year.

I was just kidding! It's looks great, you did the most with what you have and at the end of the day that's really all anyone could ask for. You did good Torts, sorry for my vindictive attitude. I've had a rough day.

aaaand it's done wow so difficult.

Add window memes @ your leisure.

: )

also, sorry.

this was a mistake :|

...Native Hipsters - There Goes Concorde Again (2001)
>experimental rock, post-punk

Legitimately one of the weirdest albums I've ever heard in my life, and I don't mean that in a good way. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't ahead of its time, because it pretty much predates plunderphonics by about a decade, but the implementation of this proto-plunderphonics style is really disjointed and pretty bad. I /love/ the vocals on "Mr Magic" (especially the pronunciation of "hey you", and I can't explain this), but besides that every other plunderphonics/tape music track lays down an idea and proceeds to either do nothing with it or just irritate with it. That being said, the more streamlined rock tracks here are actually quite good. The guitar work here is low-key but generally astounding, especially in it's feedback-drenced, lo-fi form on the closer. By and large one of the patchiest albums I've ever listened to, with exceedingly low lows, but it's interesting and fun.

2.0+

Osipov State Russian Folk Orchestra - Balalaika Favorites (1962)
>russian folk music

Hearing the balalaika used in this context is weird, but it mostly works. The cover certainly does not lie, this really strikes me as russian folk music filtered for an American audience, especially with the selection of generally popular Western songs. This makes the album never really rise above and beyond being a bit of a novelty, especially since some of the non balalaika instrumental additions come off as quite goofy, but the best pieces here are performed incredibly well, and there's a fury to the balalaika that isn't really heard on other instruments in classical and folk music. Bonus points to what would become the Tetris theme in "Fantasy on Two Folk Songs".

2.5+

how bout pic related

this is really great gj

Pure puu xD comedy gold

Pic related?

What about PERE UwU

>xD comedy gold
weed lmao xD

Hmm Starsailor might be worth doing. Will consider for the future.

would have to find the font & download it and shit. Too much effort for what was a 2 second edit cover.

Autechre were FRESH AS FUQQ on their initial b-side. Seriously, the "transition", if a bit naive (but this is an inappropriate dis given the FRESHNESS of the tracks), evokes the Kraftwerk transition from Numbers into Computer World twoish:

Listen here for FRESH techno:

youtube.com/watch?v=_mdMb6bRXt4

kek, disregard. Try this instead (but leekspin techno is still fine)

youtube.com/watch?v=cMXBo-LQRYk

>...Native Hipsters
Surprised you didn't hear this sooner. It was talking cat Bob's Sondre Lerche, he always talked about it

absolutely beautiful

it's one of the longest standing members of my backlog, I downloaded it back when TCB was still around and I just never listened to it.

different bum tickley but I tried my hand

I love it

Lol

Good morning /daily/!

OKNOTOK

p-pls

found this today on here, ambient piano shit similar to grouper or caretaker

youtube.com/watch?v=PoJKpE165_w&t=184s

Imagine my surprise trying to find that single by The Bug with Earth when I find out they released a full length record in may! It's interesting, as you would expect drone doom grime to be. will have to finish it later though, so sleepy.

>It's interesting
haha
>as you would expect drone doom grime to be
no :}

So slow...

Sounds like there is a fucking cello buried in The Tourist remaster

Don't follow the crowd, they're sheep being led off a cliff. Be an individual. Be comfortable alone. Think for your self.

>iplybing normNs don't enjoy vinylis record

Screaming Headless Torsos – Screaming Headless Torsos (1995)
>Funk-Rock, Jazz-Funk, Rap-Rock
Incredibly funky fusion album that sounds almost math-rocky at times. I could do without the vocals though, the rapping isn’t very impressive and I think a more James-Brownesque singing style would fit the music better instead of the tamer style that is displayed here. But overall it’s a fun album that is mostly carried by its spastic rythms. 5/10
Next?

Anyone wanna recommend some noise rock or folk pop? Some thing like Lisa Mitchell's wonder or big black's songs about fucking.

youtube.com/watch?v=7dM34pZscFA

both of these meta-ironically

bump

Good mornin /daily/

caviarr kanzler chrigo, gimme recs please

What are the shortest ones still up for grabs here? I know that You Made Me Realise is an EP and Desertshore is pretty short. Any others in the 30 min. or less range?

faust, popol vuh, fresh fruit, beat happening first issue

wrong wrong and wrong lol whats wrong with you

So thoughts on the remaster.

Well I love the record and I love the B-sides (except for Lull. M E H song). The remaster is a little bit too bricked but some of the elements stand out in the mix, which is amazing. The fucking drums rock. This has been my major complaint about the B-Sides usually where the tracks are much more "rock all out".

Then there are the unreleased tracks that I love so fucking much, especially Man Of War and Lift. Even I Promise grew on me.

So yeah, I'm just happy.

9+/10 cause Lull.

oh i forgot about: your dick

Kanzler is kill
well rather he's left for some time, he'll be back, eventually
rip my man

/daily/ today is a Latvian celebration of summer solstice and probably a lot of qts are gonna be out BUT muh Radiohead playing Glastonbury....

I can't decide what I will spend my night on.

theres a lotta fish in the sea but only one tom york

I'll admit I've had to rush a bit today since I'm going on holiday, got some pretty big shifts to compensate and the like. So whilst I've marked off Beat Happening and Stereolab I have yet to listen to them, will do so over the course of my holiday however. Went on a whim and listened to the following;
>Bluetile Lounge - Lowercase. Listened to this just before I went to bed and it was really comfy, especially liked Ambered, very melodic track.
>The Names - Swimming + Singles. Listening to this right now if only because I really liked the album cover. Got a nice post-punk/ new wave feel with some ethereal synths thrown into the mix alongside a voice that slightly reminds me of early Robert Smith.
>Power Trip - Nightmare Logic. Gosh this is good, perhaps my album of the year so far (not that there's really any competition, this years quite dormant as far as recent/ new artists go), love the production on this thing and the buzz-saw guitars that chain open on songs like Firing Squad and Crucifixion.
>Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary. Listened on a whim again, will play numerous times on holiday, the vocals quite surprised me though so did the bands sound in general. Given their affiliation with Arcade Fire and Isaac Brock I was expecting deep philosophical lyrics over intense orchestration, still Shine A Light is great.

This.

HEALTH'S HEALTH I guess, not that I've listened to it.

yeah but I can watch it on YT later
;)

are the qts male or not worth your time

:^/

what a nasty manga grandpa

happy midsummer's eve /daily/

I'm in denial about that but if the other folks don't claim it I'll give him Giles Corey because he gave that a 4.0

Fill in the blanks:

____ is ____

is
willwin

>Melt-Banana - Cell-Scape
Why do people like this so much? Her voice was terrible.. like really bad, and the instrumentation was cheesy obnoxious.
2/5
>Pauline Oliveros - Accordion & Voice
Didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would. The second track was a lot better though. Just kind of boring I guess, not a whole lot going on (in a not good way).
3/5
>Aby Ngana Diop - Liital
3.5/5
>Carissa's Wierd - You Should Be at Home Here
Not nearly as good as Songs About Leaving, as there weren't really any tracks that stood out as amazing. Overall it was still very comfy.
3.5/5
>Cecil Taylor Jazz Unit - Nefertiti, the Beautiful One Has Come
3.5/5
>Radiohead - Man of War
3.5/5
>Necrotic Disgorgement - Suffocated in Shrinkwrap
Good ol' BDM
4/5
>Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory
Very surprised I liked this as much as I did, since I don't really like Vince. The production was insane, especially the tracks where SOPHIE appeared. Just bangs so hard.
4/5
>Hermann Nitsch - Island: Eine Sinfonie in 10 Sätzen
Such a complex, anxious masterpiece. The blaring horns and scratchy strings were so beautifully grating.. this is classical music from the darkest place. The piano, bells, and chimes were gorgeous as well the few times they appeared. Damn my ratings are so predictable sometimes..
4.5/5
>Fanisk - Noontide
I could listen to those drum machine blast beats and keyboard arpeggios all day. Soooo fucking good, rivals Paysage d'Hiver and Filosem. And the vocals... holy shit, so ethereal and heaven sent, wish they appeared more often though.
4.5/5

>Her voice was terrible.
that opinion is terrible

is it one of those "it's so bad it's good" things?

for that, it would have to be bad first

>Melt-Banana
Wow worst onion i ever saw
Ur dead to me

niBBa it's so good it's great, get your head on straight

i'm sorry
hmmmmmm....

ey
i pretty much just graduated highschool
music for this feel

>Peter Zummo - Zummo With an X

Post-minimalism. Soft and gentle unbombastic but not droney. Sparse and slow moving but rarely boring as most of the pieces are quite short 1-5 mins pieces with one longish piece. A frequent collaborator of Arthur Russell-- Arthur plays on this album and Peter played many of the horn parts throughout all of Arthurs work, disco, classical and ambient pop stuff. This album works in a similar pallet to Arthur's ambient pop stuff and it actually features Arthur on vocals and cello on some tracks and many of his collaborators and friends play on it too. Zummo seems to focus on rhythms and a sonic pallette rather than a spiritual, philosophical, or scientific context within which minimalist composition is often placed in. Theres a loose quality to it that refreshing in the context of Reich-ian mathematical exactitude or commercial perfection of Glass.

7/10

>Peter Gordon's Love of Life Orchestra - Love of Life Orchestra

Heard about this as a work in post-minimalism but its not at all what I expected. These are rock or disco songs at their core. Feature aspects of repetition related to academic artistic notions of minimalism. Its verrry 80s New York art world downtown scene--- I mean look at this list of people who have played in the group: David Van Tieghem ,David Byrne, Arto Lindsay, Laurie Anderson, "Blue" Gene Tyranny, Ken Deifik, Scott Johnson, Rhys Chatham, Peter Zummo, Arthur Russell, Kathy Acker, Jill Kroesen, the list goes on.... Throw together jazzy horn sections, screechy no wave sections, disco beats, classically trained vocalists, and many of 80s New Yorks most respected names. Some very good dancy arty disco tracks, my favorite being "That Hat" a disco-y track written by Russell with amazing vocals. Unfortunately many of the rock-y-er songs feel a little jammy and directionless.
Its a compilation so not particularly cohesive. This is a group that would have probably been amazing to see live rather than recordings.

6.5/10

babby einstein

Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Mindless self indulgence

this but ironically unironically
yako is the logical conclusion of both all hardcore punk vocalists and loli seiyuus
three cheers for disappointment

Snapped this just for this MxBx opinion

>sophie on new Vince
wait forreal
backlogged

Yup Yeah Right is produced by SOPHIE and Flume and Kendrick has a verse on it. Pretty fuckin nuts.

That's so cool, definitely will listen today. It'll be interesting to see where hip hop will go in the coming years

hey boys

wtf i'm happy not sad

It's good so far, definitely better than Summertime '06 which I thought was quite mixed. The production is the highlight here for sure. Some tracks are club oriented and kinda standard while there are tracks like Yeah Right that are completely off the wall bangers that do actually sound like the future of rap. It's refreshing to have a rapper that is aware of pc music and other associated movements.

sup playa

Speaking of insane collaborations, apparently Colin Stetson did a post-metal album with Greg Fox. I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm sure it's insane.
>exeyeband.bandcamp.com/

im listening to big fish theory as well

it's refreshing so far

It's kinda what I wished Damn would be. I just wanted a modern rap album full of club bangers with a competent mc. Vince's bars don't stand out to me much so far, but the beats are so insane that I don't care too much.

o well fits both

ffhks.bandcamp.com/album/jam

>Krautrock inspired Post rock noise pop psych rock.

>masterpiece makers

>Speaking of insane collaborations, apparently Colin Stetson did a post-metal album with Greg Fox

Sign me the fuck up, listening to this later

hiya ;)

IT'S GREAT. PLAY LOUD. PREFERABLY ON SPEAKERS.

>Dub Thompson - 9 Songs
>Post-punk
Noisy, melodic, low fi, most of the songs in here actually develop into something else (or they try to), they could start in a psychedelic mood or a punk one and start to play around from there which gives a fresh feel for both of these styles.
It is just 8 tracks long with the most creative stuff resting in the first side, still nothing more than a nice little record.
Favorite tracks: No Time, Dograces