Wtf am I watching? Does this shit serve any purpose to the main story in twin peaks?

wtf am I watching? Does this shit serve any purpose to the main story in twin peaks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5CnlQFgS4OU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it was lynch pushing the boundaries of the television medium

it's fucking entertaining and interesting.

pleb filter

no. this was during the period that he handed the reigns over to other people, while he was working on another project.

no. those subplots in season 2 are fucking terrible. the show only got back on track at the end, because Lynch came back to his neglected show.

Eddie Redmayne ?

shit like this is why we should be glad Lynch shot the whole thing this time around

The presence of a portal to the Black Lodge in Twin Peaks may be effecting the people that live there in strange ways. Nadine's weird behavior and crazy strength are probably an example of that. That whole plot line pretty much goes nowhere but intersects with other stuff occasionally so don't just skip it.

I thought it was part of Lynch parodying / deconstructing soap operas / nighttime soaps.

>those subplots in season 2 are fucking terrible.
the super nadine plot was great compared to most of the shit in the 2nd half of s2

No purpose. They had so many characters and by season 2 instead of get rid of them they just gave them bullshit subplots. I guess they figured it was a nice way to keep vieweres who liked the quirky humor but not the really creepy stuff.

Honestly though, Nadine was always that, she never really served purpose even in the first season. And her subplots are nowhere near as bad as fucking James. Goddammit James.

This.

>lucy's love triangle
>cooper and heather graham
>audrey's romance with titanic villain
>james
>ben horne going insane

I'll take Nadine over any of those... well except maybe Ben Horne. He was always one of my favorites.

Confederate Ben Horne > Super Nadine > Audrey Fucks Billy Zane in a Plane > James' Big Soap Opera Adventure > Andy and Dick Adopt a Murderer

Hm. I'd just say all of those were pure shit.

i loved the ufoman

i wish twin peaks were about aliens not ghosts

Hit the nail on the head m8

pleb

Was the nadine and mike story an homage to pepe le pew?

you stick through it because the earlier part of the series is so good and rewarding and you just expect it to pan out into something cool, but nah, it was just quirky nonsense by people who didn't really get the show's weirdness

For some reason I was okay with Super Nadine the first time through and not okay with Confederate Ben Horne or Little Nicky subplot, but it was the exact opposite for me the second time through. James and Audrey's subplots were definitely shit both times through.

Dick Tremayne is legit one of my favorite characters though so I can't hate the Little Nicky stuff as much as the others.

youtube.com/watch?v=5CnlQFgS4OU

I think the first time you just don't know where it's going and can't tell yet if it's lame or not, but afterwards you can really see when the whole approach to the show changes and the quality drops

Nadine's subplot is the only later-season meandering that consistently delivered, your taste is shit.