Why is it that Sup Forums seems to be filled with the most tasteless fanbase when it comes to boards that are centered...

Why is it that Sup Forums seems to be filled with the most tasteless fanbase when it comes to boards that are centered on a main interest. I mean seriously, at least the other boards seem to have some sort of decency with what they view as essentials and while yes, it might seem somewhat pretentious to first time users, that's what it's supposed to be like if you're really passionate about your X interest, right? Checking out different boards over my time here on Sup Forums, I've come to see that most board is clearly divided into two main parts: the meme spouting/board culture half, and the knowledgeable second half. /toy/, /p/, Sup Forums, /fa/, Sup Forums, /lit/, Sup Forums, and yes even /ck/ among other boards have what is obviously a very knowledgeable and loyal group of users.

This might translate into a pompous environment and may trigger flaming to first timers which very limited knowledge on their subjects but at least once you are able to understand and get the chance to know what the might consider basic pleb knowledge, it all starts to make sense. However, Sup Forums is different. Most people here view it as a "fedora" attitude, dismissing what may be serious artistical works as too highbrow. Sup Forums seems to be no more knowledgeable or interested in movies and tv shows than reddit or imdb. A high volume of traffic here that isnt part of the meme/board culture is very reliant on what most critics view as overrated, commercialized, or just plain awful work. Don't get me wrong, i dont expect those movies/shows not to be discussed, but you would think that for being Sup Forums's tv and movie board that the taste here would be a bit more cultured even if it was more exclusive.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/46494302/#46495436
youtube.com/watch?v=py975bActJY
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/Stanford-Binet tested IQ of 147 at age 17/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you've come for taste, you've come to the wrong place. Sup Forums is absolute pleb town.

>the most tasteless

Hi Sup Forums, getting ready for your next LOL NO MAN'S SKY REPLY TO THIS OR YOUR MOTHER DIES TONIGHT thread

Films/shows are relatively short and accessible to everyone. Everyone thinks their opinion on movies are valid, even retards. Retards don't read books.

Even further beyond that, you can see causes like Sup Forums retards seeing the media as a battleground to push their propaganda, which explains why nearly every thread is derailed into insufferable, boring, right-wing SJW identity politics. Basically this board's topic is a perfect storm that attracts all of the worst people on the site.

I really

Because all the other boards dumb their garbage posters here now. Even the other site

You can tell by what films and shows are actively posted about

>the most tasteless
Either something has taste, or it doesn't

>Sup Forums
>Sup Forums
>good taste

Do you know why there is no cuck spam tonight? The one who spams it is too busy discussing children's movies.

People on this board think metal is good. Even Sup Forums doesn't have taste that shitty. Sup Forums is the reason this board is so horrible however so you're right about that.

Do you have the version with Golshifteh Farahani?

jokes on you i already had one

>Do you know why there is no cuck spam tonight?
Because it got deleted?

depends on what era of metal you are speakng about if you mean old metal than it is goods if you mean new "lame fuck grunting over a guitar" metal then its sucks so hard that there might as well only be one metal song cause they are all extactly7 the same

No because the guy who spams it is busy in Watch for these threads or threads about which Emma(stone/watson/Roberts) is best and you'll start to notice cuck spam does not happen ever when they're up.

That's Sup Forums

Because this board has been infiltrated by Sup Forumsedditors who have absolutely no taste in movies, nor any interest in discussing movies because they just come here for the latest forced memes and off topic discussion.

Also Sup Forumstards spreading their cancer too.

That's fucking embarrassing. Right down to the high school tier deflection of "if you don't listen to metal you listen to radio pop".

That's a big paragraph

The Eggkara streams are pretty comfy and tons of fun with some of the best online friends I have ever made. Also we get to shit on TGWTG so that's a double plus!

We used to be better than Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, etc. and then we became a magnet for shitposting.

>online friends

>better than Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, etc.
And slower too
Fucking Sup Forums is faster than Sup Forums now and I won't be surprised if Sup Forums overtakes Sup Forums within a year

Those are made by real shills

I want some on line friends....

/lit/ here
>Sup Forums
>Sup Forums
>Sup Forums
>Bam
>Dr Who
>cartoons
>Star wars
>/ck/ rejects
>Harry potter
>Lord of the Rings
>Game of Thrones
>Superhero movies
>Tumblr-esque taste
>Videogame Youtube reviewers

Whats going on here? I thought this board was for adults

It was
Then Bane happened

The people in Eggkara are really cool people and they do stream events all thru out the week.
Everyone here hates Channel Awesome and would only love to see the worse happen to those fuckers. Just look at pic related.

Fuck off shill

Are there more of these /film/ core waifu cards?

If that wasn't from some dead fuck slide thread, you'd find anons calling him a faggot for simply liking metal. You know how many anons there hate tatts and piercings?

>>Harry potter
I have seen more threads in the last 2 years for this shit than combined for when these movies were being released. Did /who/ and the Hannibal television show really bring us such a huge injection troglodytes?
>>Videogame Youtube reviewers
Probably the worst one out of all. Even more than the cuck spammers.

Nope.
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/46494302/#46495436

When I came to Sup Forums in 2012 it was actually half decent. I only progressed through entry level shit because Sup Forums introduced me to directors like Herzog, Bergman, Tarkovsky etc etc. Right around the time green oval fully died was when the focus turned to constantly trying to find the next baneposting and the DC vs. Marvel console wars.

There are still occasionally good threads and people here that give a shit about film. Most of the actual discussion seems to be about television these days though.

i'm a musician and Sup Forums is fucking horrible

>Toxic Holocaust
>Liking thrash

I then take back the part that specifies that poster. The main point still stands, lots of people calling that shit faggy.

Truly the last "passable" year this board had.

Sup Forums's only intelligent people are in the composition, classical, and jazz generals (because they generally have some sort of education in the matter). /daily/ and /rym/ have a few smart people but it's otherwise DAE POST-PUNK?!?

Sup Forums is similar. The only people who really care about movies are the film-making general people. /lbg/ is just a bunch of people who want to have the most obscure taste possible and then change their minds once other people discover their favorite flicks.

How can one board have such garbage taste? Half that shit was CRAWLING IN MY SKIN tier.

>all that waifu/pedo shit
>le forced memetello
This board was always at least 80% garbage but at least there was some discussion and knowledgeable posters (mizo, fugue, greaterthanimplying)
Now it's 100% garbage

>/lbg/
>obscure taste
lol

"""Obscure""" as in "this has next to no viewers and has no seeders on KG, thus it is the pinnacle of film".

Could be worse

What /lbg/ are you browsing? Besides those threads are mostly stalking and ironic shitposting.

I don't even want to see the 2014 or 2015 ones

>Sup Forums
>knowledgeable

isn't that the board where they suck kanye dick when they don't slurp the semen of death grips?
they try so hard to not be "im14andthisisdeep" so they force themselves to hate well acclaimed rock albums and instead listen to literal trash.

Bane was too much. It encouraged an undesirable element and this board will never be the same. It broke this board.

...we broke this board.

>I don't even want to see the 2014 or 2015 ones
I was hoping you or someone else would have them haha

>crossing out oval

Wait, what?

Awww, did someone on Sup Forums make fun of your dadrock?

That's the year Oval died I believe

I don't really follow it. It's the same shit as Sup Forums's /rym/ from what I've seen: off-site drama circlejerks, stale memes, and avant-teen dick-measuring contests.

Without fail it's always no taste dadrockers who hate Sup Forums.

ugh, i've been here for 5 years...

>oval died

It fits.

That's the last year I really remember in tripfags/waifufags on here and they used to always post in oval threads.

>It's Sup Forums
>It's Sup Forums
>It's Reddit
It's you. This is the utopia without rules and restrictions you always wanted.
Enjoy your unlimited "fun", nobody will put wordfilters on your shitpost memes anymore.

Remember when Sup Forums raided a Reddit AMA with their cool Bane meme? Smart.

Is Sergei Parajanov the Takashi Mizutani of Sup Forums?

I don't mean in terms of actual art, I mean in terms of how they used to be hailed as patrician but became memes due to being popular among annoying people.

>you always wanted.
I didn't. I always wanted more moderation on this board. Outlel fags want to make every board like Sup Forums for some reason.

>d-dadrock am i cool now?
not even a dadrock fan, i just don't force myself to listen to ape-hop like you little cucks. so obvious, of course everyone in Sup Forums loves ape-hop because literally no one knows to play an instrument there. the only thing they know is watch fantano vids about how patrician a mixtape of some hood retard is.

No grown ups allowed, kids rule!!

>not even a dadrock fan
>complained about Sup Forums making fun of "well acclaimed rock albums"
Jesus dad, not everyone who hates dadrock also listens to basketball music

i actually stick around in jazz generals and watch for noise rock related threads.

but here youtube.com/watch?v=py975bActJY
watch it and pretend to like it because it was made by some black guy, you cuck dicklet

Where's Froggo

/lbg/ isn't even that, it's mostly people shitposting and obsessing over tripfags

It's nice to see that you've never visited Sup Forums
there are metal threads daily

It has proportionally shit taste compared to other media boards, and also 10 times the tripfags.

>death to Sup Forums culture

sums it up the best

GET THIS HOTHEAD OUTTA HERE

yeah mu is trash but it used to be way worse before the tripfag holocaust. god those days were insufferable.

>containment general is representative of the board
Ok pal. There's a reason meal listeners don't bother posting outside their circle jerk.

It was ruined by bane posting. Anyone with anything of substance to say about film left in disgust years ago.

oh boy I still remeber reading posts like this after the waifupurge

>waifufags are the cancer that killing this board
>/got/ generals are not the problem,they are fine

what went so horribly wrong ?

Long time lurker and recent poster here. Sup Forums is by far my favourite board. Now you are wondering why the fuck am I posting this? The reason is quite simple:
Being a very, very long time lurker I noticed that all of Sup Forums agree that Stanley Kubrick is the greatest director who ever lived and I just don't get why. I watched Dr. Strangelove, 2001, and the shining which are his undisputed best films and quite honestly they're great movies with deep meaning, however they're not as great as Sup Forums claims.

So that's that. Am I missing something here? I just cannot figure out why people are obsessed with him.

Atleast Sup Forums has somewhat decent taste compared to leddit and co

Same reason people like Seinfeld.

Retards.

>somewhat decent taste

What you got anywhere better?

>people like X
> they are retards
Don't be a fool, user.

your mothers cunt

Sup Forums is where Normies and redditors come to vent free from their true identities. Trying to enforce secret club primer mentality is an exercise both in futility and hilarity.

Do you even know where you are?

A close second to your boipussy

tl;dr

yeah okay so what, i browse reddit. And yeah i'm proud of it. It's a community that is intellectual, insightful, diverse, pluralistic, informative and dialectical. There are many people on reddit and many different opinions. Just because you don't like the opinions of one part of the community, doesn't mean that it's all bad. There is less of a hivemind than here, which shows in everybody here mindlessly and ingronatly flaming at redditors.

So, you're wondering how best to fix Sup Forums? That one's simple.

Have Interpol track down the autistic, Canadian pedophile that created the bot, that spams pictures of young child models relentlessly on Sup Forums. Believe it or not, he probably has one or more such threads active right now.

Then, murder him. I'm not just talking any "murder", either. I'm talking about horrendous, brutal, gruesome, inexplicably-torturous murder. Make that fat, greasy fuck suffer until his very last breath.

Then, we get a mod to make a sticky for precisely one year. That sticky will feature high-resolution photographs of the fat, greasy, autistic, Canadian pedophile's mutilated corpse. Other people will find themselves drawn to the sticky, see the photographs in lurid detail and think, "oh shit. If I don't get my head out of my ass and stop shitposting here, I could be next."

For bonus points and a little humor to ease the mood, have the very-first picture feature a plank of wood with blood stains on it next to the corpse, and the words (USER WAS BANGED WITH THIS POST).

THAT is how you fix Sup Forums.

I didn't give you permission to reply to me. Listen, it was entertaining, first. Hell, it was actually funny.

But now I'm getting the feeling that you actually think that you're on my level. From the day I was born, I was destined for success, you little shit. I was brought into this world by a software engineer and and a prominent actuary, both of Norwegian descent. From the moment that the fucking curtains were raised, I was set to dominate the STEM fields. And because I had guardians that actually cared about me, I flourished. Pretty soon, I was placed into a special school of correspondence, specifically I.M Gelfand's school for gifted children in New England. I not only reached my parents' expectations, but I passed them with flying colors. I had raw talent. I was fucking better. I was surrounded by 6th graders, many from Hong Kong, whom were smarter than half the posters in this fucking thread. And now, where am I?

In MIT, getting my double BS in Electrical Engineering and Physics, with a Stanford-Binet tested IQ of 147 at age 17.

Get this through your head: you are nothing. I am worth more than your entire goddamn family. I'm smarter than you, better looking than you, taller than you, wealthier than you, and more employable than you. While you type out another post to get cheap laughs, I'll be simultaneously working with the brightest minds in the world and fornicating with my beautiful girlfriend. It gets on my nerves when people pretend to be better than me.

Know your place, you fucking vermin. Never, ever reply to my posts, again.

>I didn't give you permission to reply to me

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/Stanford-Binet tested IQ of 147 at age 17/

What did he mean by this?

Because Sup Forums has no true userbase. It's just crossposters who come here to spout memes that's why 98% of threads in catalog have less than 10 posts.

Also is /lit/ is a shithole I hate when people use it as a reference they clearly have never been there.

*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...
But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.
And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
See you on the boards...

tripfag purge was a mistake
waifucaust was a mistake

>Also is /lit/ is a shithole I hate when people use it as a reference they clearly have never been there.
Uneducated pleb detected. Stick to your capeshit or get some taste in literature and films.

/lit/ only talks about books on the 10th grade reading list.

>Unless you read books no-one has heard of, you are a pleb
Never change Sup Forums

/lit/ is terrible, a bunch of posers and pseudo-intellectuals. It embarrasses me to read the posts there, especially in philosophy-threads. That your first reaction towards an attack of it uses the word pleb and states to "get some taste" is very revealing. /lit/ is filled with a bunch of losers who abuse the arts to create a sense of identity that gives them self-assurance.

Here's another faggot, ignoring that the 2 most discussed books on /lit/ are Ulysses and Infinite Jest.

Poor fools, adapted to a world of appearances and pretenses.

Just because you don't understand something or don't have the same interests doesn't mean that the other side is "pseudo-intellectuals" or "posers".

They were but there is no way to fix it.

We can't go back, Kate.

Literature is garbage art. I have read books from different writers (Dostoyevski, Tolstoy, Kafka, etc) and it's all shit. Of course not as shit as capeshit but not even near the best filmmakers in the world. Visual medium is best medium.

>Metal
>Bad

I bet you mean shit like Slipknot and those emo haired screamy bands.

go back to Sup Forums

Oh, but i have the same interests. It's just that the majority of posts is just ridiculous, a complete lack of self-awareness. I often imagine these people spouting the same shit to people who engage a bit more deeply and with genuine empathy for the art of the letters, as to appear smart. I could probably quote 20 posts from the first 3 threads i see as to make my point.

Fact is that Sup Forums and /lit/ are terrible places to discuss their related mediums. I guess i can understand that people who don't live in mayor cities and are restricted to the internet would stick to these places, but generally the quality of posting is just not good enough to take them seriously.

Reading assigned books is pleb as shit

>Ulysses
On the 10th grade reading list and Infinite Jest is their TDKR