On Zoloft

>on Zoloft
>can't tell good music from shit music anymore

tell me what to listen to (good music only)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C7hgnD14L3k
twitter.com/90sTechnoQuotes
youtube.com/watch?v=2atr-SKjM8E
youtube.com/watch?v=35XI37SVVYI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hated Zoloft made me feel like shit

Should I fall for the antidepressant meme?
I've been hopelessly depressed for the last year, a bad combination of developing permanent tinnitus and general anxiety, I really don't want to start taking antidepressants but it's either that or suicide right now t b h

youtube.com/watch?v=C7hgnD14L3k

I used to take risperdal

That's something you should be asking a doctor, not Sup Forums.

Phychiatry/psycology is a legitiment feild, and they do lots of good things, but they also do lots of deeply evil things. Be aware, they are not an "Authority" that must be unquestioned because they "Have a degree" fuck them. They have a tendancy to abuse, and control their patients. Beware.

yeah, try em out. just don't go into it 100% certain the first one you're prescribed will be the one that helps. might have to try a few.

also symptoms are different for everybody. i take paxil and have almost no side effects and it makes a noticeable difference in my moods. celexa/lexapro/prozac didn't work well for me and frequently gave me pretty bad headaches

Thanks for your 2 cents professor

if you're not an artist then yeah.

then again the best art is from the traumatized and suffering

i meant side effects when I said symptoms

I quit risperdal when I realized it was going to give me man boobs.

I was just taking it because all the authority figures in my life were making me take it, and if I stopped I would go into withdrawls. I had not way out, and the doctor said they'd take me off the medicine slowly, about .25 mg every couple weeks. That would of taken months. And I would have to pay about 500 every visit. So I just started to cut the remainder of my pills up into pieces and weened my self off of it that way. Fuck doctors. I'm a doctor. Way better than those asshats who go to school for 7 years. Eat a dick.

death grips

That doesn't mean you should just let your problems fester without trying the available treatments.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. It's not like anyone's going to force it on you.

Go ahead and take medical advice from here dumbass

I mean not to say there aren't good doctors, that we don't need doctors, etc, but seriously don't act like "You just read that on web.md!!!" "You don't have a degree, so you have no input!"

Fucking doctors, I hope they rot in hell. I hate them. I respect surgeons, and doctors that actually help people. Not some these assholes with mommy and daddys degree.

Shh. Risperdal is in a different class of drugs. Antidepressants save lives, they saved my life.

Why don't you want people to be happy?

Okay you piece of shit, fuck you and your degree. I will. Eat my fucking nuts.fuck off if I ever catch some of you doctors in public I'm gunna fuck you up

as someone who's suffering, fuck you

mental illness isn't worth romanticizing, if anything it only prevents me from working up to my creative potential

Pussy ass law degree fucks, I hope you get fucking raped.

of all the people in this thread, you seem to be the one who needs to be medicated the most

kek

I've been medicated quite a bit. I know my way around the block. Cya around.

You're a moron

you got no commitment. how about you stop giving bullshit excuses and just find an outlet. and if you're an addict, go to rehab. drugs make it worse in the end.

>implying antidepressants are any less of a meme than suicide
Suicide is the ultimate meme death

Yep. I'm a moron :)

Sure if you wanna feel numb towards everything. Psychedelics and daily vitamins and supplements and enough sunlight a day cured my depression. It only gets better if you make enough effort for change. If you don't get any sunlight at all take a 50,000 UI Vitamin D3 capsule a week and you'll feel much better in a day or two.

I find cognitive based therapy much more effective than medication for curing depression.

You don't know anything about me, or art or drugs or mental illness or life or anything else.

twitter.com/90sTechnoQuotes

My mother studied phycology when I was little and I would go to lecture with her when I was a baby, she now is getting her masters in nursing, like her 4th degree, and she's taught me everything she knows. So please don't tell me about how smart you are.

>Sure if you wanna feel numb towards everything.
beats how I feel now

>Psychedelics and daily vitamins and supplements and enough sunlight a day cured my depression.
that might work for some people, but unfortunately that kind of thing hasn't done enough for me. Time to call the psychiatrist.

Because the brain is much more than a bunch of chemicals interacting, it's a complex malleable structure. That can be designed and developed.

>permanent tinnitus and general anxiety

Are you me? Honestly, though, I wouldn't do it. Things will get better if you're proactive about getting past it.

I think two years dicking around with supplements, diet, exercise, meditation, etc. is enough. I'm still having anxiety problems, obsessive thoughts and depressive episodes. I'm aware of all the cognitive distortions, CBT, ACT, DBT, etc. I need pills now.

have you ever done research on the foundation of the modern phycology industry? The whole discipline evolved from essentially people who kept mental people and other undesirables under their watch, and would torture and kill them for some sort of sick perverted pleasure all under the guise of "treatment". The DSM isn't science, it's a hoax. How do they identify a "Disorder?" a group of officials votes. That's not science.

>no one understands me waaaahhh
>it's not my fault I'm a piece of shit, I can't do anything cause I'm depressed

I think you meant to reply to somebody else.

I admit some anti-anxiety medicine would be a fucking god send for me, although I'm not interested in developing a dependency. Especially at the price these people charge for it. I don't want to pay 1k+ going through appointments for someone to finally write my a script. I find that opiates in moderation reduce stress. That's how I cope.

GIMME THAT Z

>being this retarded

Most of the time I can't cope though, and I'm just really stressed out. Stress is normal. It's the bodies mechanism for alleviating danger. Sure it's bad for health, but so is sitting around having fun while your life is collapsing around you.

I don't think that's the thing you should be worried about. Most of it really isn't that expensive. Some stuff doesn't have discontinuation problems and SSRIs can be tapered off gradually. It's really only benzodiazepines that have abuse/addiction potential.

>Stress is normal.
In moderation it's normal. Not all people experience it the same way.

I mean if I could eliminate stress entirely I would, It's an interesting thought. Might be hard to function though doped up all the time.

>Might be hard to function though doped up all the time.
it's impossible to function if you're melting down and panicking all the time

Actually it's quite easy, it just ruins your health.

Were people 30-40 years ago this depressed and anxious? No doubt the internet has a part to play even if people were, right?

It'd be interesting to see by what mechanism anti-anxiety meds work. I know what it is that has me feeling like shit and not enjoying things and giving me heart pain, in part. My cortisol levels are far too high, I can feel it.

GABA, benzodiazepine receptors, serotonin, etc.

It's nice for a while, but you're gonna crash and burn eventually. You'll catch a huge tolerance, your source will dry up, you'll run out of pills and then you're really fucked. (Talking about benzos here)

Then the real question is, how does that correlate to cortisol levels? Cortisol can be measured with blood samples.

Well in my case I stopped being suicidal after a month or two on Wellbutrin, but it doesn't solve everything. I'm not all that happy, nor am I all that sad. I'm okay, but I know something has to change if I want to really be happy and not need the meds (which have no side effects for me except more realistic and vivid dreams that are a little harder to discern from reality). I don't regret starting the meds, they really helped keep me from spiraling. It's not like I never feel like I'm out of energy, or don't have times when I don't enjoy things I typically do, or have great self-esteem, but I don't really want to die anymore.

By the way, my best dream so far on wellbutrin was one where I got stranded on the side of a highway in Indiana (a state I've never been to) and got sent on a bureaucratic wild goose chase to sort things out with the police regarding the accident that stranded me. The dream ended when a van drove by slowly on the suddenly empty highway; on top of the van was George W. Bush singing "Springtime for Hitler" into a megaphone

I've never seen any persuasive scientific evidence that anti-depressants have any positive effects.

Good to know, I can't afford them anyways.I don't have the time or money to see a doctor so I've just done everything my self.

I'd obviously be better off if I had access to the healthcare industry.

They worked significantly better than placebo in clinical trials, that's why they're FDA approved. lrn2evidence based medicine and do some reading.

I have done some reading, and from what I've read those trials were just done to get the drug approved by the FDA, and are largely bullshit.

Benzos are mostly just good for panic attacks. There are better options for continuous use.

I'm speaking, most psychotropic drugs. The industry doesn't exist to help sick people, it exists to make money. Helping sick people is just a byproduct. At least on an executive level.

Why are they bullshit? Look up independent meta-analyses then.

Yes... they're highly effective at knocking someone out.. so is a club

It's something called the burden of proof, if you really want me to believe what you say is true, and lets be honest here that's what's going on, I don't really care about this argument so much. Then you're going to have to prove it to me. I'm not going to do all the work for you.

That doesn't mean you're necessarily better off unmedicated. Every company exists to make money.

I avoided taking antidepressants however like you I was at the end of my tether. Got put on citalopram, first two weeks were tough but it got much easier after that. A combination of the meds, CBT and other lifestyle changes (no alcohol, more exercise and better eating) all helped me get better.

Book in with a doctor and just talk to them, and see what they can offer.

Right now you just argue from a veil of authority and infallibility

>I don't really care about this argument so much.
k, I don't either. It's your life, why should I give a shit?

My independent research has led to the conclusion. That no, I am better off unmediacated. Despite what industry experts suggest. I certainly don't need to be taking rispordal for the next year and develop man boobs.

Don't then. I'm the one giving you a way to make money off of research and giving you an edge on your peers. I thought your thoughts on Benzos and stress were interesting, we can leave it at that.

>rispordal
If you're autistic then yeah, maybe pass on that. I wouldn't want to get fat either. But that's not generally the case for most people.

I think he is autistic. Hes been going on about risperdal since the beginning of this thread.

oh
it's another 'antidepressants make you feel nothing' episode

a lie invented by idiots to try to discredit the best drugs ever invented by man

No one knows they're exact mechanism of action, what else they do etc. So while it's inhibiting the reputake of serotonin, it can be messing with some other part of your brain.

I know anecdotal evidence is not admissable as proof, but I'd say the difference between medicated and unmedicated is huge for me. I used to have almost daily episodes lasting several hours where I would feel completely worthless, like I was an irreconcilable failure and that I should just kill myself. Obviously this prevented me from getting anything done during these times, which further damaged my self-worth. After starting medication, this never happened again (it's been 6 months). I might have moments where I start to feel worthless, but they don't last long or make me want to end it. Essentially, these "episodes" are mere echoes of what I had gone through for well over a year before starting the medication. Without wellbutrin I'd slip right back into my old patterns of depression, which is why I'm not satisfied with medication alone, along with still feeling like I'm not meeting some vague emotional need.

yeah all the usual nonsense is here too, save for blaming it on the jews

Nobody even understands how brains work entirely. For example. How do I know not to read this Like, how the fuck does my brain see this shit and instantly realize "Nope, block of text. Do not read." they're very complex things, brains are.

>it can be messing with some other part of your brain.
Is this supposed to be some kind of persuasive argument against SSRIs? Because it's complete gibberish. The mechanism of action isn't well understood, depression isn't really well understood either. It obviously involves more than just serotonin, since serotonin levels increase quickly but it takes about a month for the benefits to kick in. That doesn't mean it's doing crazy unknown voodoo shit or whatever.

[subtle kek in the distance]

I'm just saying. Im not gonna tell someone to take or not take ADs

>Okay you piece of shit, fuck you and your degree. I will. Eat my fucking nuts.
What is wrong with you? Is this your first day here? Don't you know what Sup Forums's reputation is like? And of all boards, you choose Sup Forums to ask about a drug treatment. But sure, go ahead and never bother visiting your doctor.

Is this your first day here? A solid 25% of people here are completely out of their fucking minds. I challenge you to browse/post for more than an hour without encountering someone at least as retarded as that.

I've got just the song for you OP.

Enjoy, if you still can..

I understand the underlying concepts

Get a degree/cert and start working, if you take my job, I'll figure out how to put you to work.

Fuckin thing

youtube.com/watch?v=2atr-SKjM8E

youtube.com/watch?v=35XI37SVVYI

Wtf user. I swear I was about to make a proper reference to this but opted not to and instead left out 'sucks.'

Coincidence? Hivemind? Or more likely it was just really obvious and this is not at all remarkable.

FUCKING THING SUCKS..

FUCK IT

WE'LL DO IT LIVE

FUCKING THING SUCKS

What are you even talking about? You're trying to "prove me wrong", but we actually agree.