Other urls found in this thread:

discord.
duckduckgo.com/?q="paul mccarthy" sketch&t=ffsb&iar=images&iax=1&ia=images
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Breddy good.

Saved

got any more?

Idk if you are the same guy

It's awesome! The male character reminds me of Bob Dylan. Any context on what's what's happening in the drawing, specifically the second half?

cool pictures man, keep it up. nice feel on em

discord.
--------------
gg/ctagmQE

good. there's not a lot to criticize at this point, as it looks like you're still learning a lot.
The decollete and chest of the girl seems a bit too rigid. I guess maybe you could have worked a bit more light into her armpit.

Just a wild guess, but it looks like you've done these two pieces in nude drawing class. Hence the smaller nude studies in typical positions on the second page. I really like the way her legs fold and rest on the left page. Keep it up and try to draw every day.

I like it

Dickhead detected

I like it.

Im no art fag but... I like it. You done good.

>Any context on what's what's happening in the drawing, specifically the second half?
That's exactly the question I pose in the drawing. It's the job of the viewer to ponder the answer.
And I did use pics of Bob Dylan as references.

Thanks, guy

?

Here ya go

rly rly gud op

less brood more emotion

this guy with the words of truth

robert zimmerman has become loathesome

I dig it man

They make me feel cold.

how so, you dipshit? can't take criticism?
"there's not alot to criticize" - is meant as a compliment

OP here, that wasn't me who replied to you.
I appreciate the criticism

really nice user.

ignore all two-word meme responses

I name this "sad life without The BBC"

oh, i get it

I didn't think it was OP, but some douche playing the good samaritan and fending off criticism.

I was expecting that answer tbh haha. I really like your drawing style man. Do you have an instagram or anywhere you post your drawings?

You have clinical depression.

really nice OP good work!

nice copy. what's the original work?
did you ever ask friends to sit for you?
it's a great practice to work with real models and you get to chat with them anyways.

you have severe clichéd thinking disability

>inb4 you are depressed
>inb4 you have too much time dude
>inb4 wow get some therapy
>inb4 it's b/w, therefore it is sad, depressing, alarming
your normie reactions to people doing art

Haha no I don't. I'm actually a pretty happy guy. Most of my art is kinda depressing because I use it as a cathartic way to release my negative emotions

Wow, art of real quality on b. Never thought I'd see this day.

it's ok, basic student tier. work on light, that will come with time though. passing grade.

All that shading drowns out the detail on the right picture and somewhat on the left.

Yeah my Instagram is @sam.sheers.art

It's shit.

fucking Brooklyn NY hipster kid
good luck finding some soil to grow for you in packed, rotten NY :[sorry,mate!

Junior high art class grade

did your father also beat you or just your mother?

Please see

followed :)

I once drew a coal miner in a sketch book
this spanish chick goes
>"wow, user. can't you draw anything nice like flowers? this is so depressing and dark
i'm giving up on normies

>cross on the wal
>everyone frowning
>aggressive drawing style
>scary trees
>black and no white

more like normies taste in art.

i definitely enjoy the style, but its the faggot objects that you drew which completely ruin this as a forever homozexual autistic perspective. try killing yourself

Thanks man. I really appreciate each and every follower I get.
:)

Hey man, i dont do much social media thing. But do you have a tumblr?

just a sidenote, but it is a bit too much rooted in an art style of Blauer Reiter and expressionism of the early 20th century.
it's the 21st century, so at some point, you should move on. no haste though, keep exploring

Wow it's beautiful. You've really developed your own style which I really like. Your work holds a certain feeling of dread and hopelessness that's uncanny yet astonishing. Ive noticed that your figures show no expression on their face, apathetic even. Could that be a reflection of yourself?

Nah, sorry :/

Here's my artistic philosophy:
For the last ~50 years, art has been characterized by a disregard for tradition. This is postmodernism. Postmodernism has allowed for bold and experimental artworks to push our understanding of what art is, but it has run its course. The pendulum must swing back towards tradition. People just don't get excited about contemporary art anymore. They laugh at its pretentiousness. I want to change that.
We already live in an age when technology and social media are constantly dehumanizing us, so we don't need art that will only confuses and alienates us. We need art that communicates the shared experience of how it feels to be human. We need art that tells its viewer "you are not alone"

have you tried /art/?

I wanna call you a faggot but it's a really good picture, it reminds me of a book I read called "My dark descent" it was pretty great and in my head this art style is kind of the way I imagined that world

All that sounds nice and shit, but you don't embrace tradition by solely using symbols of the past. It's not a lot we can see here, but you use the christian cross in your drawing, which used to be included in the expressionist phase and of course way before that. We are living in a time of rising non-confession and atheist, secular world views.

getting rid of all technology in your pictures is also more of a nostalgic thing rather than that of promoting a "tradition of skill in drawing". I like to use old films as an example. We get a kind of nostalgic feeling seeing old devices and machines: Charly Chaplin, M, Metropolis. Yet, you notice that in their time, this was state of the art technology and even science fiction. So why deny that we are using computers for well over 40 years already?

You need to realize that there is a difference between that kind of nostalgia that is set in a past time and dreams about "old days" and a respect for tradition that also embraces the world we face now. Landscapes are now invaded by modern architecture, mobile phone sending stations (whatever the real name is), power lines and such.

I too agree that there is a lot of shit going on in modern art, yet I appreciate the drawings by Paul McCarthy and others as much as I appreciate Goya.

duckduckgo.com/?q="paul mccarthy" sketch&t=ffsb&iar=images&iax=1&ia=images

You mean /ic/? It's a pretty shitty board.
I posted this same image there and it got zero replies after 3 days and several bumps by me. It's such a slow board

I understand what you mean.
I would like to start a series of drawings of people staring at their phones in various places (I just need to find people who are willing to pose for me cuz I can't find good references online).
I want to capture the existential isolation of modern life.

Yeah the smartphone faces thing. I've done my own take on that and it has been taken up by so many others and in so many ways. It's rather obvious to work on that theme, but I wouldn't say you can't do it or it "has been done too much". It depends on what you do with it.

I did some very abstract faces in oil.
>pic related
sorta dropped the subject after three works
for the very reasons i mentioned

Bumpp

bu-bumperino

still there, Brooklyn fagger?