letterboxd.com/originalname3/
letterboxd.com/AnvilVapre/
letterboxd.com/nuts/
letterboxd.com/ginnyweasley/film/steamboat-bill-jr/
letterboxd.com/justinxwalters/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BLACKinoED

news.letterboxd.com/post/149343081473/growing

>You don’t have to rate the films you watch—not everyone is into the five-star system. Nothing is compulsory, everything you do is your call.

letterboxd.com/steakbro/

jap shit mostly. dunno what i'll watch after i finish up with Kurosawa, maybe Ford or Hong Sang-soo.

also, inb4
>SAMURAI REBELLION isn't Kurosawa
i know

letterboxd.com/bvgf/

I've mostly been trying to keep up with what's been released this year, but have been watching things at random otherwise.

Forgot pic.

>Smoothhands only watches 1 minute "films" to pad his total number of films watched
>link_gorro (Amphibian200) is a raging SJW, pedophile, and discovered Sup Forums through the Breaking Bad subreddit
>Acid is a tranny chaser and obsessed with Healey
>Healey made Penis Boy
>m_obvs is an edgy 13 year old that deleted his profile out of shame
>mollykins is the "female" version of m_obvs that should just delete "her" profile
>Jackieray still hasn't grown out of De Palma like a normal person
>nosaj is a fat Irish pig that wishes he was a nigger
>steakbro is the only person that talks about film
>myrmician is a 30 year old neet Paki
>coryburning stalks girls in these threads and probably a rapist
>Miranna left these threads in fright after being stalked by coryburning
>winstonne is a jew that believes in illuminati conspiracy theories
>aeltbx is a fat paki and throws a fit whenever someone says mean things to him
>bel committed suicide
>dropout_bear wants to be a cuck for amaranth
>machill54 is a fan of the most uninteresting movies out there
>pupkin is a schmuck
>tsar attempted suicide and failed that too lmao

autists btfo

I started a joke

letterboxd.com/tachikoma/

I'm watching Stop Making Sense, the Talking Heads concert documentary. I don't know how I got suckered in to watching this hippie-ass bullshit but its too late to quit now

what kind of film kubo is?

did you consider watching a trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=p4-6qJzeb3A

Always desperately making an ever safer safe space

SJWboxd, everyone

/thread

I'm going to marry miranna!

>tsar attempted suicide and failed that too lmao
no what

what happened to that dude

letterboxd.com/namuamidabutsu/

need answers damnit

>vautists appropriating my favorite nolan film now
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

no Cory

I feel like I haven't watched a film in a while. I've got the day to myself, I could be watching something right now. But here I am....

>Film Critics Pick The 100 Greatest Films Of The 21st Century
In an attempt to fashion a definitive collection of modern classics, the BBC has surveyed 177 movie critics from all across the globe. The decision to commission the list was made after publishing a ‘Greatest American Films Of All Time’ feature last year and finding that only six films from the year 2000 and onward made the cut. In a mission to prove that film-making in the new century is as healthy as it has ever been, BBC Culture spoke to reviewers, both online and print, academics and cinema curators from every continent except Antarctica (presumably residents of the South Pole are too cold to worry about whether Lost In Translation is better than Wall-E) and asked them for their greatest films of the new century.

The list’s Top Ten reads as follows:

1. Mulholland Drive (David Lynch, 2001)

2. In the Mood for Love (Wong Kar-Wai, 2000)

3. There Will Be Blood (Paul Thomas Anderson, 2007)

4. Spirited Away (Hayao Miyazaki, 2001)

5. Boyhood (Richard Linklater, 2014)

6. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Michel Gondry, 2004)

7. The Tree of Life (Terrence Malick, 2011)

8. Yi Yi: A One and a Two (Edward Yang, 2000)

9. A Separation (Asghar Farhadi, 2011)

10. No Country for Old Men (Joel and Ethan Coen, 2007)

bbc.com/culture/story/20160819-the-21st-centurys-100-greatest-films

I was just reading through that. It's a fairly good list, to be honest. Nice to see Synecdoche, New York on there.

I'll never 'get' why Mulholland Dr. and Eternal Sunshine get so much love

how many have you seen? letterboxd.com/heysluggo/list/bbc-cultures-top-100-of-the-21st-century/

/dropout_bear

hey gang (;

hey cuckabs, have you considered leaving lb for good?

Is Margaret really that good?

>tfw public trackers only have one margaret in 1080p and its stuck in 80% for everyone
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>boyhood
>on the list
IT TOOK TWELVE YEARS TO MAKE GUYS

could you reddit any harder

Extended or theatrical?

>notorious!
>not 5 stars

wew
good taste otherwise

>inside job
I'm sure I'd seen this but I don't have it logged. I guess I'll watch it now anyway, documentaries are fun.

Margaret.2011.LIMITED.1080p.BluRay.x264-REJECTED is the one that's stuck in 80% or 80,3% for everyone.

I think it's in openbittorent and rarbg trackers

I made an account and I can't stop rating movies. Help me.

You know, I had this on my external hard drive for years. I recently culled it to make space, never actually getting around to watching it.

Regret, 2bh.

one of us one of us one of us

the first few months are hell. I made my account 2 years ago and I still find myself remembering movies I saw 10 years ago and logging them.

Going to watch the David Brent movie tonight like the normie scum that I am

I enjoy it but I think casting Ingrid as a naughty girl is a bit of a stretch. The romance storyline also took up too much screentime for me; the actual spy junk eventually started feeling like an afterthought.

The party scene is one of the best sequences Hitchcock ever filmed for my money.

De Palma out in itunes bruhs

>itunes

how long till webrip

put palma in the bin and play a good film

Nice, very nice

Wiener dog is online

has anyone seen? Is it good?

>yfw IV gives something 5 stars for the first time in years

am I dreaming?

letterboxd.com/kikomia/

rate my shitty taste in movies

Did he say it was X director's Y film (Y being from another director)

or was this Matt Lynch

or someone else

meme/10 xD

you're way too generous with your ratings

The Palm Beach Story is the best film on this list

>hipstering
It's very good but it's a minor PS, and obviously the best film there- wrongly rated- is SITR

nice numbers kid... don't mind me stealing them...

yoo torrent when

No, he just gave goodfellas 5 stars. I think you're talking about his Neon Demon review

>Opening Night

letterboxd.com/originalname3/

I know. I'm not a pro at this.

As user said, it is good, but after rewatching Sullivan's and Eve, it's not nearly as perfect.

About to watch the supplemental stuff today actually, should be interesting. Rowlands a GOAT.

Thing I don't like about letterboxd are the fucking celebrities, even the good ones. The comments on their reviews are just "wow you liked that uh? nice review you're smart ;) ". Zero discussion and most people aren't smart enough for me to just read their review and be done. Not that I'm smart, but that's why I don't write movie reviews.

Try setting a goal to use 2 or 2.5 as a base for mediocre movies that are neither good nor bad, that helps

NO FUCKING WAYYYYYY
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
thanks

>Rowlands a GOAT.
Yup

>""female"" ""reviewers""

letterboxd.com/AnvilVapre/
Mad Detective was great, going to watch some J Horror next, any recs

I've only seen five Sturges but I think The Lady Eve is definitely the limpest of his films I've ever seen. For someone relatively well-known for his snappy pacing and jokes, it's very languidly paced.

A Palm Beach Story > Sullivan's Travels > Miracle at Morgan's Creek > Christmas in July > The Lady Eve

fuck you
t. katie

I can see that. I'm a sucker for Stanwyck and she has me sweating like Fonda, so that may cloud my judgment.

So how big is your cock

let's just say they don't call me the 3 legged lady for nothing

>didnt respond
>wake up to the news of Kiarostami's passing

fucking katie

let's just say they don't call me big cock katie for nothing

Fuck yeah! I'm watching Ben-Hur!

what was up with this video? It seemed pretty pointless and didn't even really lead into a review, unless maybe they're re:viewing the older one.

Horace and Pete just broke top ten on Letterboxd's highest rated 'films'

A series based on Martin Scorsese’s 2006 film, The Departed .

It’s only the latest movie property to make the jump to television – Amazon’s other recent acquisition, the in-development Jack Ryan series starring John Krasinski, being another – and though it bears The Departed name it won’t be an exact remake of the film. Instead, the series will take the premise of The Departed (and the Hong Kong film, Internal Affairs, on which it was based) and apply it to present-day Chicago.

Written by Detroit 1-8-7 creator Jason Richman, The Departed television series will (according to Deadline ‘s report) follow a young cop as he infiltrates a tough Latino gang, all the while that same gang plants a mole in the Chicago P.D. Much like the films which inspired it, the dramatic tension of the series will come from watching the two men try and keep their cover and complete their mission, most likely thwarting each others’ progress along the way.

When will you upgrade to 4K?

I already have

It's just a joke based on how obvious it would be the reboot Ben Hur would be a huge flop and suck. They act like it's big surprise it failed even though it isn't. Jay is shocked and angered it's not very good even though it was clear it would suck. Also maybe poking fun at people who won't accept the GB remake is a flop even though it was something nobody wanted to see.

Didn't the wire already fit that niche before the departed even came out?

idk, my eyesight is so shit that I wouldn't be able to see it unless I had a really big TV. I'll probably upgrade once it becomes cheaper for the sweet sweet HDR though.

ah, OK. Seems like kind of low hanging fruit though.

Beautiful numbers, famiglia

Unique advertising.

letterboxd.com/nuts/

Anything below 5 stars I won't really make an effort to make a rating, and plus I don't watch many that are below 5 anyways.

>this actually passes for logic for someone

then why even bother you lazy fuck

>I don't watch many that are below 5 anyways.

this but with Bags of Popcorn

Sounds like you need to get better taste if almost everything passes as flawless to you.

BASED kags

letterboxd.com/ginnyweasley/film/steamboat-bill-jr/

lmao she right and u know it

sup boys
letterboxd.com/justinxwalters/

>She
Wonder how massive dick this 'she' has