I don't tip. Ever! Why should I? Does Sup Forums tip? If so, why?

I don't tip. Ever! Why should I? Does Sup Forums tip? If so, why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7P2fJ4iuxTo
advisory.ey.com/strategy/automation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youre damm rigth

I only tip the waitress's if they have a good boob jiggle or a spankable ass

the most i have tipped ever was $100 best camel toe i have ever seen

>Why should I?
Because, at least in america, any job that gets tips can legally be paid less than minimum wage, on the expectation that tips will make it up.

Rarely, when I'm out with a girl, otherwise nope

Please tell me you wrote that on the check.

That's not my problem wage cuck

Tips are a bandaid on the failure that is capitalism.

Sure it is. If you don't tip, you're scamming them out of money.
If you can't afford to tip don't go out to eat.

Because I'm not poor.

>topkek

ENTERING TIPPING THREAD FOR THE 34198128th TIME TO EXPLAIN TO RETARDS HOW TIPPING AND WAGES WORK:

In several states in the US, employers are required by law to pay employees the state-mandated minimum wage regardless of how many tips that employee received. In some states, this can be as high as $15 an hour, which still has to be paid in addition to tips.

In all the other states, employers are legally obliged to pay employees the state-mandated minimum wage, but they may deduct tips from this amount until they are paying a minimum of ~$3 an hour.

Anyone claiming that people only make $2-3 an hour is either retarded or a liar. It is against the law for anyone to work for you and make less than minimum wage. If an employees tips plus the minimum of ~$3 an employer is allowed to pay tipped employees does not match or go above minimum wage, the employer must make up the difference.

Nobody has ever legally made less money than minimum wage because you decided not to tip. Don't listen to lying faggots.

Oh, okay, so you're not stealing from the worker by not tipping, you're stealing from the owner.

Same diff.

I don't tip because I'm sick of waiters and waitresses trying to play up the "we make less tham minimum wage we HAVE to get tips" nonsense.

No you fucking don't. US federal law mandates you MUST be paid minimum wage. If your wage + tips do not equal minimum wage, then your employer MUST pay you the difference to get you to minimum.

It's not my fucking fault you're an idiot and dont stand up to your employer and take them to the labor board. I'm not paying extra for your fucking wage when I'm already paying for food

Fun fact, of someone doesnt make minimum wage with their tips that week, the employer must pay them the rest to make minimum wage.

This is so fucking incorrect it pisses me off. You must be a waiter.

Your daily reminder that tipping your waitress/waiter is pointless.

>But user we make our wage through tips

Your employer is supposed to pay the difference so you make your wage.

>But user that's mean if you don't tip):

Rather tip the cook or something, the ones that actually do the work.

Sadly no. im too beta to do that.

Here in Europe tipping is absolutely not mandatory. Most people either don't do it or give a very small amount to round off the number on the check. Everyone is ok with it because on average everyone gets paid enough.

>Everyone is ok with it because on average everyone gets paid enough.
The difference between the US and Europe.

"Oh, even if you don't tip they'll still make minimum wage!"

Minimum wage isn't enough in most places.

I only tip dudes doing way more than they're requested.

Example: I and my oneitis were waiting in line. Before us, a group of 8 noisy faggots waiting to enter.

Young waiter comes out and says there were three tables for two ready, and makes us and two other couples enter.

It was actually an eight people table (three tables) that he split in three, making the 8 jerks wait even more.

I left a full fiver to the waiter because he not only made us skip the jerks group, but he was right on the spot taking orders.

>tldr, I never tip if the dude only did his fucking job.

Then either get a second job or fuck off and get a better paying job. Sorry your Art degree doesn't entitle you to earn a livable wage. Maybe you should have thought about your life choices better

Then get a real Job

Minimum wage jobs used to be enough for people to live on.
Why shouldn't they be?

It's technically not on you that corporations can pay employees less than minimum because they get tips now. I do it because I feel bad for them, but it's charity I don't feel I have to and if they give me bad service depending on how bad I might not tip them at all. Basically everyone's retarded blaming the customers when it shouldn't've been legal to pay less than minimum wage to workers that get tips in the first place. What needs to be done is revoking that law increasing the minimum-with-tip amount each year until it's back to federal minimum at least.

>Rather tip the cook or something, the ones that actually do the work.
Well, I don't how it works in America, but here,in the good places, all the tips are stored and divided at the end of the month depending of your position.

Then develop a skill and get a real job you useless piece of shit

I tip 20% no matter goddamn what
More, if it makes the number round

Even MORE if they're shitty servers.

Get a better job? I make 80k a year because I went to school for a proper career.

I just bought a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house with an acre of land. I own a brand new 40k car.

I'm 29. Sort your fucking life out

Does mommy still make your tendies too?

Why the FUCK do you people assume I'm a minimum wage worker? Goddamn. I've never worked a min wage job in my life and I never will, that's why i went to fucking college.
I'm worth so much goddamned money I pay tuition in cash and make the money back in days.
I just give a shit about min wage workers because they're people too, people who aren't as lucky or as smart as me.

1. It's not something union and the labor board can fix it's a law we as citizens need to put to a vote to revoke.
2. They just fire you if you can't make enough tips, they see it as proof of incompetent work you can't do shit in a labor board if you're fired.

Right, then if that happens again within 6 months they're fired. Is there literally zero people on this thread that actually was a waiter? This is common fucking knowledge.

Is it enough, you will not die of hunger on a minimun wage

I paid the bill.

do you tip the fucking shop keeper when you buy milk? do you tip a bus driver? do you tip your internet provider? do you tip Amazon? no because you already paid the fucking bill.
tips are a gift for providing an exceptional service, only niggers expect free money.

You don't have to tip, but if you don't then you should at least have the balls to tell your waiter that before ordering.

If you don't, then you're just a cowardly kike exploiting the system, trying to milk better service for nothing.

Sure, you might not DIE of hunger, but you will be hungry.
And if an emergency happens, or you get sick, you'll die from not being able to afford care instead

Incorrect, it's his problem because it's the duty of every citizen to put on a ballot an initiative to revoke the law that allows this bullshit. INB4 employees have to make up the difference if the tips weren't enough. Yeah, they'll do that maybe 3 times if they really like you, then your ass is fired. By not tipping you're not stealing from anyone you're just not helping a waiter who's wage is being stolen and cut by their employee.

clearly you don't live here in Italy.

I always laugh hard at those waiters/waitresses working for 150 bucks per week (about $3 per hour) without any legal coverage, contract, insurance.

they timidly beg for some tip, trying to not to be noticed by employer - generally the cashier guy because here noone would ever trust an employee to manage money. And also because if the customer is a known dude, they accept the cash payment without emitting a receipt.

And you don't even have the right to complain, because taxes here are high as fuck; if the employee's wage is 1200, it will cost the employer almost three grands.

>not paying for someone else employee is stealing
are you being retarded on purpose?

You have an opportunity to be a reasonable, well-adjusted person or a douchebag over a couple of fucking dollars that alone will make effectively no difference to either of you. Your choice.

don't live in an impoverish country then.
move to Africa, less gun crime and obesity and less poverty.

I thought that's what this thread was for

>Is it enough
In these modern time, no, it really isn't.

And if you don't believe me, quit your current job and find a minimum mage one to see if you can live off of that.

And if you try to feed us some bullshit about how you refuse to quit your current job to go work at a lower paying one, then congratulations, you've proved out point.

30% of the jobs here are minimum wage jobs, should one third of the population really have to live in poverty sharing houses in groups and living like its a second world country

This wasn't the case for most of U.S. history, a law was put in place so what was before a high skill and well payed and respectable job, being a waiter, was reduced to mcdonalds cashier status by legally allowing the owner to cut pay checks despite the fact that it's not costing the owner ANYTHING having the employees get tips.
So basically if you don't care about who's getting money and why then our system of tipping makes sense, if you have a brain however then you can see the waiter is being ripped off in what should be a high skill and high paying environment. Things wouldn't be any different now if we didn't change the law besides waiters always getting a fair wage for fair work and restaurant owners not getting a huge cut on employee costs compared to any other business. Ihop waiters just wouldn't get tips. We'd do it like the rest of the world where unless it's a fancy venue tips aren't involved.

wrong

In any first world country you literally will not die because you cant afford care. In the US you will get care even if you cant pay for it. Most hospitals, if you cant pay and have no insurance, will waive the costs or work out very very long easy to pay plans.

With that argument you should tip every service providing job.
Bank cashiers
Supermarket cashiers
Internet provider support
Gas station worker

I live in Tokyo for 4-5 months a year because of work. When I get fucking amazing service and they don't want a tip, and then I come back to the states and some hambeast wants money for bringing me the wrong order and stinking like a beached whale, it makes me feel bad for the future of my country.

You're comparing apples and oranges you retarded cunt. Those jobs have never had tipping associated with them.

"I'll only give you good service if you slip me extra money over what I get"

So you're saying it would be okay for car companies to sell purposefully defunct cars, but the expectation is that you slip them a little extra to give you the not shit car?

To all you claiming that tips is a nessecarity..... no, it's not nessecary for me, the guest. And the customer/guest is alwayr right, right?

no retard refusing to quit a well paid skilled job does not prove your point.
why would anyone get a job that doesn't pay them enough? that is the main bullet point of every interview I have ever been to, if the salary is a piss take then I say no thanks and move to the next one.
a shitty paid worker is still allowed to look for a better job you know, they are not prisoners.

Because waiters only make 2.14 an hour, and by not tipping you aren't changing the system you're just cheating a minimum wage worker out of rent money.

you forgot to mention that here in Japan "tip" is a mandatory voice in the tab and is named "service" (10 to 20% of the grand total), because actual tipping would seem like corruption

waiters make minimum wage. period. end of story.
They don't make 2.14.

ha ha great country you got there.
Murcia
freedum

kek

Fox news is pissed poor people have fridges, so to answer your question. Yes, many fuck heads do feel that way.

I love how you faggots rely on putting words in my mouth to make counter arguments.

Nope, but the vast majority of wait staff will go out of their way to perform better because it's supposed to mean extra gratuity. They won't refuse to do their jobs at a satisfactory level if you tell them you won't tip, if for any reason it would mean they would get fired. It just means they won't bend over backwards to give you extra good service because the $3.50 an hour isn't worth it.

>be my dad
>no money or plans for retirement
>need heart surgery, get triple bypass
>get slapped with hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical debt
>collection calls, the works

it doesnt matter if there is some 'payment plan'. oftentimes, a person in this situation basically loses any chance they had of ever being financially stable. it puts them in debt until the day they die, and i am surprised they havent lobbied to make peoples families responsible for their debt so as to really destroy the middle class once and for all

I never understood, how the usa destroys its country slowly by itself.
Those people working min wage are either uneducated or in the process of getting education. The foremost could be fought by cheaper or free education and would mean less people at poverty border.

you act like there is enough well paying jobs for everyone to have one; somebody has to do the low paying jobs its basic fucking math that if there is 7 good jobs and 10 people 3 of those people are going to be stuck working shit jobs

>why would anyone get a job that doesn't pay them enough?

You just proved my entire point with this one sentence you dense retard.

this

then maybe the poor should stop shitting out kids? Not my problem you niggers and rednecks keep fucking to try to abuse the welfare system.

My family and I are going to sit up here comfortably in middle-upper class and enjoy all the benefits it brings me in the US. Why would I ever want that to change? lol get a life

>Those jobs have never had tipping associated with them
Nice ad hominem.
You may want to go back 50 years, back then each of those jobs was tipped.

he actually tried to write 3.14159265368979, that is pi, but got wrong and wrote 2.14

I'm not from murica though

if you think a "full fiver" is a good tip, then youre a poorfag raised by niggers

youtu.be/7P2fJ4iuxTo thio

>Well, I don't how it works in America, but here,in the good places, all the tips are stored and divided at the end of the month depending of your position.
the asshole people are expected to pay the server in most cases

I would put the amount of waiters in the US who actually make minimum wage because they don't pull enough in tips to break even at less than 1%. Nobody would be a waiter if they only made minimum wage. It's not worth that amount of money, which is why it is assumed that most people will tip, which is why you are just a stupid cunt if you want to throw a fit over four dollars and act like you have the moral high ground.

you act like you don't live in a 3rd world country.
how can your citizens die of hunger whilst they have a fucking job. how are they not beggars?
your country is in a shit state but you yanks bang on like you own the world. like it would be hard to take out a country of malnourished broke cucks.

If they can get tips to make the difference. If they run bad luck with non tippers like many shown here on this thread then the company has to cover the difference. I've never heard a company do that more than 3 paychecks within a year. It's often grounds for being fired actually. So no, not really end of story. You can not tell me with a straight face this is the exact type of situation all other minimum wage workers are put under. Bad luck? Bad week because family died? Well you didn't get enough tips so that's a strike, lucky if you get two strikes than get fired right after that.

>Example: I and my oneitis were waiting in line.
how can you expect anyone to give a fuck about your opinion when you start the story this way?

even if the whole population had Phd's that would fix nothing, the bad jobs would still exist and people would still have to do them because there aren't enough good jobs for everyone.

how? because you are a fucking idiot who will lick boots for pennies. have more self worth you useless piece of shit.

THE LAW REQUIRES YOU TO MAKE MINIMUM WAGE.

IF YOUR WAGE + TIPS IS LESS THAN MINIMUM, YOUR EMPLOYER IS REQUIRED TO PAY YOU THE DIFFERENCE UP TO MINIMUM

Trying to claim waiters make less than minimum wage is disingenuous and only makes people want to tip less because of the lying scum waiters

didn't I greentext well? sorry, it's my first day here on 4-chan

Because we do own the fucking world . Come tell us differently fucking Muslim cock sucking fag.

The company is REQUIRED BY US FEDERAL LAW to make the difference.

If they don't you contact the labor board and the company is forced to. Sorry that you are a pussy liberal who cant stand up for yourself and your rights as an employee

>MAKE MINIMUM WAGE.
>IF YOUR WAGE + TIPS

fake and gay

either "TIPS" is on both lines, or is always absent.

Africa?

half of your population is dying in poverty.

sure doin it good.
you is kangs

You are thinking wrong, those low education jobs never need any creativity, so they can and will be replaced.

advisory.ey.com/strategy/automation
The forecast of 45% of jobs being absolete in 30 is kind of scary, but that is our future.

IT CAN ALSO FIRE YOU IF THEY DO IT MORE THAN ONCE

holy shit I never said what you said wasn't true fucking learn to read

where did i say that people were dying of hunger you mongoloid? I stated that people have to live in groups and with very little because theres not enough good jobs; also im not american you tard

In America, at least, the people you're not tipping usually only make half, or less, than minimum wage. They live off the tips they make, and if they have a night where nobody tips them they're going to be in a very bad spot financially. If they give good service, there's no reason not to tip them other than if you're poor enough you hardly have enough money to even pay for your own food (Like me). Even then, I try to throw in at least a couple dollars.

Okay, now i dont mind giving tips to people, BUT if they are demanded thats when shit gets wrong, tips should be given to people who deserve them

i had this experience with a complete shit waiter, he was a dick and looked bothered when we ordered so after that i didnt tip him,and he almost flip his shit so fuck that

African?

If they fire you for them breaking the law you can sue them.

Or maybe you can stop getting jobs at shitty companies with shitty employers? Maybe stop working in the ghetto?

leaf

Except that's not on a day to day, paycheck-to-paycheck difference. That's yearly, or monthly. A couple weeks of bad tips can fucking ruin a waiter's financial life.

except US labor laws still require them to be paid atleast minimum wage if tips and pay dont equal it. So if I'm not making up the difference, the employer has to.

Your argument is invalid.

fake and gay.
it would only mean the waiter didn't plan his spenditures and assumed hazards and risks

Very few places in America do it like that, and it's done voluntarily by the restaurant. There's no laws requiring that that happens.