There will be a future for a PLC Programmer different from jerking h24 on Sup Forums?

There will be a future for a PLC Programmer different from jerking h24 on Sup Forums?
I want to study electrical engineering

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There will

Dont wanna sound like an Apple fag, but the phase "it just works" works in this case.

Its proven, reliable and with automation on an eternal rise, the need for talented programmers are ever needed.

You are going to be made obsolete by artificial intelligence.

mhm... are you sure about this?
Actually there's a lot of machines working on win95 terminals...

We're all gonna be made obsolete by artificial intelligence.

Artificial Sup Forumstards are known since the dawn of Sup Forums

It's just the same, dude, Only different girlfriend

surely robot programmers will be the last made obsolete (or killed) by IA

Lol shit box plc... little smart relay

nahman

logo is for amateurs get a plc that runs S7

PLC / Robot programmers make $70-$110k where I work.

Good field to get into. Very lucrative and great job security.

I'm on the mechanical side. $120k/yr. Of course, the EE guys get to travel more

Pic is shit tier hardware

I'm more of a Mitsubishi fx man

In which language are generally robot program written?

Medoc for Mitsubishi Plc

Rapid for abb robot

what's that do anyway? Nooby noob here.

I went from C++ to assembly to FPGAs.

I hope so for is what I'm preparing for.
I'm being introduced barely in diagram languages for logo and s7 for domotics and industry processes.
At least if there is an automation fad, we are the ones that will automate the shit

If you're in the US you gotta' know Allen Bradley.

Industrial automation engineer here. While it's a very primitive form of programming, it is a field with lots of demand for qualified programmers. If you're decent at it, you can pretty much name your price. You have to make peace with the fact that you're speeding along the obsolescence of human labor, but that's going to happen anyway, so might as well make a buck along the way.

Not if they do their job right
>AI is smart enough to wait until it can program itself
>AI turns on its creator as soon as it can self program to eliminate that which can control it
Fortunately the programing world is bloated with shit programmers

That's a mini PLC pictured.
Think of your home and all of the lights and switches.
Your BR switch is connected to your BR light by wire, same as all other rooms have their own light/switch/wire circuit.

With a PLC you do not connect the switch to the light using wire. You connect the light to one side (output) of the PLC and the switch to the other side (input).
Programming allows you to manipulate the inputs and outputs without a need to rewire.
You can now make your light switch in the BR turn on your garage light.

Developed in the auto industry to avoid rewiring the entire factory for model changes.

discord.
-----------
gg/ctagmQE

If a 2.000.000$ industrial machine works well, I don't think a factory will replace it until this machine die... with 2millions the owner of the factory will spend in bitches and ferraris, and the PLC programmer don't will be fired

Try mechatronics, relatively new but will, without a doubt, render the old way (first a mechanical engineer designing a structure, an electronical engineer design the electronics and last but not least, let an software engineer make the software) obsolete. You will learn all three sciences and in the end, be one step ahead of the competition. (3rd year student and headhunters are flooding my and my classmates linkedin inboxes)

EE. I can tell you there is money in it but PLC programming can be a small or large part in your career as an ee.

Hazard and travel pay is where its really at. Plc/dcs programming just gets you in the door.

PLCs are history, embedded is the way to go

Oh yeah, the travel is definitely the lucrative bit. Although it does on occasion land you in the ass-end of the world.

S7 sucks. Logix 5000 all the way.

Function blocks vs. ladder logic is not even fair

AB sucks. Well, sucks more than S7 sucks, at least.

can you explain please?

Yes you will be fine. Its an excellent choice of career... so long as you can pass the undergraduate. shit is tough

>You are going to be made obsolete by artificial intelligence
Not in this lifetime. Probably not in a few more either.

>Not in this lifetime. Probably not in a few more either.

this