Fellow stoners of Sup Forums any advice on cleaning the bowl chambers?

Fellow stoners of Sup Forums any advice on cleaning the bowl chambers?
Also, General pieces thread (bongs, pipes, rigs etc)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_fracturing_in_glass
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gee billy, two bowls?

use ordinary drain cleaner

High proof rubbing alcohol and salt is the best thing I've found

91 percent rubbing alcohol and salt. Mix that shit in a gallon bag, let it sit for and hour, and the blast it with a hose.

this. let it soak, then plug the holes with your fingers and shake it a lot.

I've used rubbing alcohol and salt on a few other of my pieces. The only problem is that all the holes are fairly small so it's a difficult process

90+% Iso and salt works for some glass. Otherwise if you can get your hands on Simple Green, rinse glass with HOT water until its hot, spray simple green and let sit 15 mins. voila clean!

Hot alcohol is all you need to clean the dirtiest of bongs/pipes/rigs.

Double boiler on the stove, microwave.... Add a littlr water to the alcohol if youre concerned about volitality but ive never had issues for 30s in the microwave with 91% alcohol

Just to clarify, the heat is the catalyst here meaning you can use heat and 10 minutes instead of a 24 hr soak

I think many people underestimate the power of HEAT for getting gunk out of their glass. Even just the hot water from my tap makes a huge difference when it comes to cleaning.

Soak the glass piece in warm water for like 5-10 minutes and it'll come right out if you scrap it with a Bobby pin or something or put it in a pot of water and boil it the rez will come out by itself

Oh yeah, for the most part hot water is all i need to clean my rigs

Sup Forums is a helpful and friendly place when it comes to cleaning pieces C:

This guy knows what's up. You can clean any glass piece by running just boiling water through it. Just be mindful to let it naturally cool down. Quick temperature changes fucks up glass.

I've also boiled a pipe before and that definitely works best for cleaning, the only problem with the steamroller is the glass is pretty thin

I'd say its because we are a bunch of stoners lol
thanks, yeah just hot water and these bristle brushes work wonders. pipe cleaners work too, but I find these ones last longer/ work better

r8 my piece Sup Forumsros

Here is what i tend to do for my bong: i get the worst dirt with a straw since its plastic its very bendable and wont damage the glass except for the stem(male part the smaller piece you load the weed in) i used rolled up toilet paper for that. Then i wash it out with lighter fluid and room temp waster since hot water will damage your glass over time.

This or boil it to get the largest chunks out- just don't be a retard and run it under cold water and crack it after

This. And if the brush gets tarred up you can also let it soak in some of the alcohol salt

better pic? Is that a two person piece?
Any glass used in our bongs are 100% heat-treated and will have no lasting effect if put in hot water UNLESS you shock it from boiling to cold for example.

Sounds like we have the same routine, if anyone needs those things cheap they are on ebay for less than a dollar

Boil in salt water. Pipe cleaners (they arnt just for arts and crafts)

Glass is weak against heat any time you heat it you might indecently cause micro fractures especially in stoner hands why take that risk if lighter fluid works just as well?

I can vouch for the rubbing alcohol + salt trick. Just fill a plastic bag with enough alcohol to submerge the piece. Add in salt. Shake hard. Let sit for an hours to a few hours depending on the severity of the clog. Empty bag (preferably with a fan on or outside due to the smell) and then rinse with VERY hot water repeatedly until it's clean. Rub down the insides if possible with some rolled up paper towels to dry it out and get any residual crap. Enjoy a nice clean piece :)

It can be, just one person gets more of the smoke (whoever hits on it harder basically)
Its supposed to look like the elephant from adventure time

The best way I think is acetone and salt.

Ah! yes I see what they were going for for sure. I'm not big into adventure time so I couldn't place it at first. I can imagine its hard to use with two people
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_fracturing_in_glass
I know where you are coming from, but literally just dont shock the glass and you are fine. Lighter fluid is a terrible choice compared to rubbing alcohol.

this is a dildo

Get 91% isopropyl let it soak in a bowl for a while. Rinse it out, fill your pipe again, pour in some salt, cover the holes and shake it around. Rinse and repeat.

Products are a waste of money.

Soak your piece in 91% rubbing alcohol for at least an hour (the longer you soak, the easier it rinses off) in a gallon bag. Make sure it's fully submerged in the liquid. You only need coarse things like salt for the placebo effect of thinking it actually "scrubs" the piece you're soaking.
>instead of absorbing into the liquid to make salty alcohol for no reason

i tried both but lighter fluid cleans better then rubbing alcohol! Also it is for me a lot easier to acquire in my situation.

How is lighter fluid easier to acquire than rubbing alcohol? You have to go to a Walmart for both.

some pieces you cannot get into the nooks, a 3$ bottle of simple green is great for that. Salt also does not dissolve in alcohol fast enough for it to be "absorbed" in the time that you are cleaning. You can test this by just putting a tablespoon of salt into a container of alcohol and notice that it does not dissolve in any significant way in a reasonable timeframe.
Do what you must, but lighter fluid is a known carcinogen

Put some 91% isopropyl alcohol into the microwave, heat it for a bit, then swish it around in the inside with some salt.

Also, heres my old Mothership ball rig

Eurofag here so no wallmart!
I clean it out after using it before smoking it so it is not a issue!

I used orange chronic. It's only marginally more expensive than ice and also contains detergents, and the abrasives. They are not placebo and you don't have to soak (although if you're a lazy regular smoker that only cleans his glass onelce a year a bit of a soak may be in order). Just shake the bottle so that when you put into your piece you are getting solvent and abrasives, strategically hold it so all of the orifices are plugged and shake it up a bit, and then pour out black. Take a good look and see if another run is needed, and if not rinse well with warm water and your glass is new again. Using anything other than glass is for newfags.

Sidenote: I fill my bong with a rum/water mix. The hits are delicious. I use more rum than water but if you are not used to this I recommend more water than rum. The first while is heavy on the rum up until some of the abv evaporates, but use a dark or spiced rum and you'll be hooked.

nice dubs
I've put juice in my bong, and I like to chug a beer/liquor drink while holding in a toke but i've never done liquor in the bong

Get a bowl or container large enough to hold your peice. Fill the container up with peroxide. Put the peice in. Let sit for as long as you have. Take a cleaining device (peice of brillo, steel brush, old fork or knife you use for this type of shit, etc.) and clean the bowl(s) out. Dump the peroxide, clean container, refill with water, put your peice back in. Let sit for an hour.

Congratulations, there is absolutely no resin in your pipe. Clean smoke is happy smoke. Peace user and god speed.

...please dont use metal anything on your glasswork anons...