Can we have a discussion about what the fuck we actually are?

Can we have a discussion about what the fuck we actually are?

I've been thinking about this one question since I was a kid: What happened before the big bang? I think about it day and night, every time as I fall asleep.. Whenever I'm dreaming and realize it's just a dream, I spend my dream thinking about it. In my dreams I try and imagine the creation of the universe in reverse but once I reach the very beginning of the big bang, my imagining comes to a screeching halt.

I'm not saying that the big bang actually happened, I guess what I'm really asking is:

Was there ever literally nothing?

Is it as simple as the universe (or whatever it is) has just always existed & there never was a time when there was literally nothing?

I also like to imagine myself expanding infinitely until i tower over the moon and the planets in our solar system and then our galaxy and then all other galaxies.. because I wonder if the universe is truly infinite. But again, I ask myself the question.. Is there ever an end to the universe(s)? (or whatever this is), or has the universe always been infinite?

I also think about how everything seems to work like clockwork. Everything seems to fit together perfectly.

What the actual fuck is evolution and does it only exist on earth?

I mean, when you see animals that use certain patterns (like red and black etc) to warn predators that they're dangerous.. how do they know their predators can even see those colors? or find them threatening?

Is evolution just one colossal entity that is spread through-out the entirety of the universe to gain information? I mean.. Why do the strongest species survive? Why are all life-forms given obstacles to overcome during their existence?

To me it seems evolution itself is learning. Otherwise we wouldn't had to have evolved from monkeys or fish, we would've just started as humans, right? Is the point of life to put as many creatures in different circumstances as possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/052188926X/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
discord.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm not really familiar with the theory tbh. That being said, I've never seen anyone make something out of literally nothing before.

It would seem that you would need space and some other stuff. And that space and other stuff would've been called the "universe," no matter how small it was. But something had to make enough room in nothing for something to exist. I dunno.

But, yeah. I'll bump your thread.

Some basic research into all these subjects could answer a lot of questions for you

No, if the Universe is everything. And it isn't it's less than everything. Then it's 142.

(I reached my word limit)

Is the point of life to put as many creatures in different circumstances as possible?

Because if evolution is a way for the universe (or whatever created it) to learn about life itself, this would be the perfect experiment.. wouldn't it?

Imagine if the information gained from every last living thing through-out life was collected so that whatever "evolution" is, could gain more knowledge then anything in the universe could ever comprehend? I know I'm explaining this badly. sorry.

not very helpful but thanks for the bump.

I think humans just aren't smart enough to comprehend this kind of stuff. It's like how animals don't understand everything we do, we don't understand how the universe works.

yeah i get that and i'd have to agree.
i just really wish i knew something, ya know? it sucks knowing i'm not even scratching the surface.. i do find it interesting though.. i mean.. if you picture life as a floating rock in space that slowly grows mold and than that mold one day starts to question it's existence.. i think that's where we're at.. but what happens if that mold someday knows all there is to know? does this mean all life has the potential to play god someday? will that mold one day be capable of creating it's own universe and life?

also lots of these questions are rhetorical.

i know i'm sorta failing to define the thoughts in my head with words haha.

evolution as a consept isn't all that complicated. Random mutations occures, whatever works survives and that wich doesn't work dies/gets killed. The succesful ones get to pass on the genes and their spawn gets similar traits. The genes of the unsuccsessful ones dosn't get passed on because, well ...they were unsuccessfull

Basically nobody has any convincing theories as to what the fuck is going on. Use, science can give is reductionist explanations for material phenomena, but it lacks real explanatory power when it comes to the big questions: how and why?

the answer to all of your questions are in one book.

read it. or are you afraid it might actually be true?

The questions you are asking are the most fundamental in nature. There is literally NO answer and there can never be a definitive proof.

the greatest cosmologists, theoretical physicists and great philosophers all struggle in their own way to comprehend the pre-universe state. You won't get satisfaction with something simple on a message board but there are literally thousands of interesting books and writings on the subject. It's good you are thinking though since that shows you care about something more than yourself.

amazon.com/gp/product/052188926X/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You're right, getting an education on these topics (to prevent you from talking out of your ass about stuff you know nothing about) is completely unhelpful.

Yes, but that's just the physical aspect, pretty sure there's heaps other dimensions we can't see

and regarding your questions on evolution, read Dawkins.

ITT: Sup Forumstards speculate because they're too dumb or too lazy to actually become scientists and contribute something substantial to humanity.

You seem to have the same thoughts i have. The deeper you think about it the more questions you end up having.

I think humans perceive existence through the eyes of life itself. (life, death, no existence after that).
What is this weird dimension we're living in? Even if there was no life in the universe, the universe would still exist and expand itself. Theoretically the universe shouldn't be here.

You cannot say there is definitively no way we'll ever answer what, if anything, preceeded the big bang. The default answer is "I don't know" and that is okay.

We should feel so lucky to live in a time where we can live freely and healthily enough to be able to ponder these questions at all.

Read "Who am I"

Ramana Maharshi

Are you a scientist user?

And if you are, why aren't you contributing something substantial to humanity instead of shitposting?

discord.
-----------
gg/ctagmQE

the universe is matter and anti-matter, so probably nothing separated from itself

still here peeps?

fuck off with your Sun god.

I think I am, therefore, I am. I think.

all i ever do is research this shit.
i even watch shit like the kardashians, not because i'm interested in the lifestyles of whores but because i like to study other humans.

i could read and study everything there is on this planet, but still wouldn't answer my big questions. i especially wouldn't expect to find the answers on Sup Forums.

but for the same reasons i watch whores that suck black cock and live in multi-million dollar mansions, i like to hear ideas and thoughts from people who aren't philosophers, astrophysicists, scientists etc

i believe that if i were somehow given the answers, my little brain still wouldn't be able to comprehend anything at all.

but i like to entertain myself with the ideas because if we're going to talk about this, we have to start somewhere.

i find it fascinating that the majority of people on this planet don't stop to think about this more often. every time i look at myself in the mirror or look up at the moon i can't help but think, what the actual fuck is all of this?

I love to get stoned and watch reality tv, just to study human behaviour.

Big bong

If u didn't exist and let's say 1,0000999997,66677755,5666554433 trillion years passed you wouldn't notice, so it comes at no surprise that something could have appeared within that time frame

The universe is an illusion. 3 dimensional space and time simply do not actually exist outside of our experience of it, which is mostly isolated due to the infinite variables of experience. All that does exist is a potential field which we are only a slim margin of.

What are we? We are only here, nothing more. None of it matters but we have no other choice.

I cry when I masturbate

Basically, infinity of time could have passed and eventually something should emerge, not saying this is fundamental truth but food for thought

You are a surface thinker. either incapable of or unwilling to dive deeper. The only way to begin to appreciate the fundamental turth and how deep your real unknowing is would be to educate yourself formally.

Stop getting stoned and watching Kim and Kanye you absolute fucking retard. You sound like a moron.

Bullshit, just cuz you don't experience it, doesn't mean shit isn't going on, the whole hur dur we make our reality is heights of autism

Have you read about the drug DMT? I highly recommend you do. Don't just think ahh its only drugs, the hallucinations are not real. Really research about it, and then eventually do it. You will experience something more real then life, something that cannot be explained by the physical laws of our universe, something so amazing that it will change your entire perception of this thing we are living in.

There is no such thing as "before the big bang", nigga

research cosmology, you would be suprised at the stuff we have figured out and some theories propose no such thing as a before the big bang. "big splat"

Imagine it recycles like that 1 episode of Futurama where they can only travel into the future and they watch the end of the universe blow up into the same variable universe we live in now at least a few times while hes trying to get it to stop in the 3000s.

1 number away

Yeah, say for example that there was a new chemical that killed off 99% of all mosquitos. The remaining 1% that somehow survive have evolved, simple as that. The species that don't adapt go extinct.

Actually there was no big bang. This event is a theory based on the observation of the current expension of the universe, but humanity is too young to know that the universe actually follow very long cycles of expension followed by reduction, much like a breathing lung. Dark matter is what causes theses cycles.
Human science won't come to this conclusion until a long time, but i can tell you because the chances that i'll ever be taken seriously are non existant.

Life is a flat circle.

What if I'm god?

it's probably my fault but i think you've misinterpreted my rhetorical questions.

basically all I've asked is:
Was there ever nothing?
Is the universe infinite?
Is there more to evolution than we know?

for you to suggest that i need to educate myself would imply that these questions have undoubtedly been answered already?

i gotta hit the bong before i read this thread

You should test that theory by jumping off a cliff too see if you survive or even better get to heavens

Also watch the youtube video, phermi paradox by kurzgesagt

Mentions filters we pass through in life that allow us to exist. Like spacing from the sun and the fact we havent been hit by another asteroid yet.

Take LSD, the answers will come to you

>What the actual fuck is evolution and does it only exist on earth?
correction
What the actual fuck is evolution and why are there still so many inferior creatures like Coala
why did many of the humans sensory abilities degrade (smell, taste)
why isn't there another species that is even remotely competes with the human intelligence.
What does evolution even do for a species thats already at the top of the food chain.

that's certainly an interesting concept!

i don't believe in the big bang, nor am i against it. i just used it as an analogy to depict the beginning of a universe. (if there was a beginning).

"What does evolution even do for a species thats already at the top of the food chain."

that's another interesting question!

this is why i started this thread, i've never asked myself that before.

also to those telling me to do acid, i have.. was very good to have a new perspective and put myself in a frame of mind i hadn't been in before.

when i did acid i was on a cliff above a beach, watching dolphins with a pink sunset. shit was lit.

What if you are the only cognisant being and everything is an illusory projection of your own consciousness?

We're a simulation in a computer. Eventually we will create an A.I. indistinguishable from our own minds. We will then use this to create a simulation in a computer that will create a simulated universe and existence much like our own. In that simulated universe its inhabitants will eventually create an A.I. that will once again create a simulation in a computer, that will create an A.I. that creates a simulation, and this will continue on for infinity. The computer that runs our simulation, is inside a simulation, that is inside a computer, that is in a simulation, that is inside a computer, so on and so forth. So the real question is, who built that first computer, if there even is one, that ran that first simulation, that started the long never ending chain of computers and simulations? And does it run Linux or Windows? Or maybe it's cyclical. That the computer that runs our simulation, is in a simulation running on a computer that is in a simulation running on a computer that is in a simulation running on the computer that runs our simulation.

The thought of death scares me to the point of anxiety panic attacks. I like to think that when we die, we wake up as if this was all a dream, and like any dream, as we fully wake up we slowly begin to forget this life. Then when we die again, we wake from another dream, this goes on forever.

What I really hope is that I awaken in a world filled with magic, and dragons, and big breasted women that need me to fuck their brains into mush.

"Nothing" is a construct of the human mind to give meaning to something we don't understand. Nothing is always something. So yes, something has always existed in some form or another.

we arent even sure if 'why' as you describe it is even a valid question. Its an overcomplication. all that really matters is observational understanding. for which we dont have all the answers yet and in some cases may never.... but that in itself isnt a problem

My theory is that we exist because we are possible. And everything that is theoretically / mathematically possible exists somewhere.

Does universal love make me somewhat dull. YES

>nothing
is impossible.

If nothing can't exist, does that mean anything you can think of must exist by virtue of the fact that it can't not exist?

The reason you can't really fathom a beginning to something infinite is because there is no beginning. Our perception of what time is and how it operates is extremely limited because there is a beginning and an end to everything we ever have and ever will experience. We cannot comprehend the true nature of something infinite.

There is magic, eternal life after death, (not religious) reincarnation which I believe is a choice, and infinite worlds and possibilities.

Meh, the term nothing is just a man-made concept.

how about an object falling up and down at the same time, relative to a surface like a floor

or a piece of pure diamond that dissolves in water and weighs 5 grams but also 7grams at the same time while under the same gravitationzl influence?

is that not impossible too?

There's an interesting quote by "Saint Augustine" (i don't know how the fuck you say it in english)

He asks himself: "what was God doing before creating everything?"
And replies along two lines: he was creating a special place in hell for people who ask stupid questions.

Second, before creating everything there was no time, hence there was no before.

My nigga. I was thinking the same too. It could just be a periodic phenomenon and we just happened to gain consciousness while it's going through its expansion phase.

nobody knows life is insane and absurd

but lets talk about the real questions here, okay?

How much would you pay to slurp a log of shit out of andy six's asshole?

Small insects like ants percieve us humans as giants. For them we move so slowly as if in slow motion. Most ants in this world live and die without ever seeing a human being "giant". Ants dont understand who we are or how and why we and them came into existence. It is beyond what they are capable of. No matter what you do to help then understand or teach them, they will never understand what we humans do..shitposting, gaming, masturbating..anything.

We are the ants of our universe.

ik you didnt mention god, but how can we humans think as far as to why we exist? i mean look at all the patterns and how everything is literally made for life! the way the solar system is a spiral and how the earth perfectly alines with the moon enabling animals and humans to sleep.Why do the trees produce air which just happen to be our source of life? becuz maybe god but idk im just a nigger user

my greatest fear is not how i will die, but what happens AFTER i die! i dont want to just not exist and have no memories after i die!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would rather go to hell forever than not exist but no one knows what happens when u die and we all must w8

who made God? He just didn't decide to exist one day.

i wanna smoke a zoot and ive got no skins

what a boring fucking friday shit i wish i had some coin so i could go out but im just reading this gay ass thread instead

who made this fool? He just didn't decide to be annoying one day.

my dad fucking my mother and pushing me out of her pussyhole

>he just didn't decide to be annoying one day

yes i did you cumbreather

you're fucked cuz Gödel's incompleteness theorems

Fucking underrated post right here!

nigger detected

This! As Douglas Adams said, the human mind is incapable of comprehending infinity, therefore anything the human mind can imagine must, in an infinite universe, exist somewhere.

i have a bunch of friends who over the past year or so have had a girl join their/our friendship group, noone even bothers to make moves on her because they all say she only dates black guys, which i think is ridiculous and shes clearly just not interested in the queers shes friends with.

she flirts with me though, and my gf says i should have been born black. im pretty racist all around, but cant help talk in ebonics and slang mixed with my very educated proper speech, it feels pretty good to be able to converse with literally any group of people and to adapt to their traits, i guess you could say its manipulative, but i think its more akin to acting.

i'd hate to be a nigger but damn do i get called one every fucking day.

We can't physically or mentally experience nothingness. You won't be able to experience your own death, only your existence.

At least that's what I think makes sense. Don't take it as fact.

the earth is governed by vibration and frequencies. our thoughts thereby assist in dictating reality, be sure to resonate wisely

You think "basic" research is enough to figure out what reality is?

HUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRR

Resonate wisely? You must not have proofread your post because you would've seen how fucking ridiculous that is and deleted it.

can say the same for the big bang

what bothers me the most is all this certainty that physicists make these grand pronouncements about what is and isn't possible, when clearly we're still extremely primitive.
energy is always conserved and nothing else is possible? well, since there's something instead of nothing, obviously energy can be created
relativity is absolutely correct therefore no ftl, etc? if it was absolutely correct we wouldn't be unable to reconcile it with QM
future humans will laugh at our ignorance, primitiveness, and arrogance, just as we laugh at the dumbasses from 500 years ago

Super scientist, your god must be. Kek.

Physicists dont know shit. Chemistry is where its at.

to follow up on this, the answer to everything you're looking for is the following.

The universe exists solely because of you. Your experience is that of you experiencing yourself. You are all that there is, and the alignment of events fall in place for your logic to understand your place. Though these events themselves are built as a part of you.

You are the cosmos experiencing itself in a (for now) human frame.

Carl Sagan.

You should quote the source, fam.

Don't listen to those fags user. Study physics and you'll be the one of the people finding answers. You want to be stupid like this dude and want 'deep' answers fine. But if you want the true answer you should study science.

you are all that is everything, you are all that is nothing. the vast nothingness and the vastness of everything.

you ARE.

If you want to experience this for yourself, look for the rahasyas of the ancient vedic civilizations. They have abundant scriptures which all exist verbally to this day which will answer any and all questions you have.

Listen intensely, with integrity and authenticity. Your very being will vibrate with the frequency of the cosmos.

It's not from carl segan.

What I'm speaking is from parahamsa sri nithyananda. If carl sagan has also said this, he clearly didn't start it. It's been something that's been said for thousands of years

I, an atom in universe and a universe of atoms.
- What's his name scientist.

Fuck off nigger. The only answer is science.

What I'm speaking is the fundamental thought current from which to approach science.It's not the end goal whatsoever.

The problem with science today is all the misleading assumptions made which will ensure you will never find what you're looking for, until you drop all your preconceived notions and follow what makes experiential sense

So it is Hindu bullshit, i presume. Man, these religious nutjobs have held mankind back so bad.* Not just hindus. All religions.

*Disclaimer: to be continued

Do one thing, look him up and see what his Gurukul kids are doing. I'm not relgiious whatsoever but he's a being who's literally changing the nature of human DNA and unlocking abilities which have been inaccessible for centuries

> Was there ever nothing?
according to quantum mechanics even "nothing" is "something" so nope. think of nothing as something at a particular state. our brain labels that state as nothing

> Is the universe infinite?
our universe is finite. finite amount of energy, or finite amount of information. but according to string theory our universe is just a bubble in an infinite sea of other universes so the multiverse is infinite.

> Is there more to evolution than we know?
we still have very limited understanding on how DNA works hence our true understanding of evolution is limited

if there ever was pure nothing, there was no time aswell. and if there was no time, this nothing happened both for a second and forever. if you imply infinity, somewhere at some point, something has to happen. out of nothing. boom -> universe.
makes perfect sense to me. simply because infinity is so infinite, that everything is possible.

No, thank you. I am sure he will unlock mysteries of nature until the day one of his followers decides to tell yhe world how he was sexually abusing his followers all this time. It always ends up the same way. Every fucking godman is the same.

of all your questions, evolution is the only thing we really understand well. you can answer all of the questions you've posed about it just by googling evolution and natural selection and reading. you fundamentally misunderstand it pretty badly.

the other stuff you're asking about, is on some level unanswerable. we can exclude some answers, and come up with answers that seem more likely than others but that's about it.