There is a large portion of the US population that cannot run a mile (1600km), even at a light jog, without stopping...

>There is a large portion of the US population that cannot run a mile (1600km), even at a light jog, without stopping. Some cannot complete a mile at all.

Now, I'll admit, I was a track and cross country runner in school and was decent, so my views may be a bit skewed, but c'mon, a mile is nothing.

How do we fix this?

It only takes a few weeks of physical priming to jog a mile, even if you're fat and sedentary (barring the morbidly obese)

t. mentally ill neet working on self improving that can now run 2 miles without stopping

>a mile (1600km)
Everything is bigger in America.

>cannot run a mile (1600km), even at a light jog, without stopping.

I can't do that either.

Ooops, I meant m, not km.

I'm pretty sure I can't run 1600km.
The last time I went running I think I did about 7km (3.5km, small break then 3.5km back).
It shouldn't be hard for anyone who isn't overweight.

Yeah, I meant meters, not kilometers.

>cross country runner

So you were one of those skinny-fat kids with zero muscle structure that us hockey players made fun of?

Grab a dumbbell and eat some protein you twig.

1 mi is not 1600m, its 1609.34m. Every american can run 1600m, its those last 9.34 that get us

You need a good heart to take that gear. Look into a cardio routine. Helps you cut efficiently too

> I ran track, why isnt everyone running like i run?

Projecting/10 would nibble again.

Yes, I know.

I have said multiple times I made a mistake. Do people not read?

And no, a large part of our population cannot run a mile without stopping.

Dude, 5 year olds can run a mile without stopping.

Give me one reason why we shouldn't just be brains in vats. Physical bodies are completely obsolete.

Running blows.

>Tfw used to run 13 minute 2 miles but now I'm down to 14:40s

I am a stocky person not built for running at all. I am short, fat, and strong.

When I joined the Army I had a hard time running. I still have a hard time running. My two-mile run time is 14:30. No clue what my mile time is, I don't run a single mile.

The reason why these people can't run a mile isn't because they're fat. A mile, or even two, is not a large enough distance to keep a fat person from running it. You're putting the cart before the horse.

The reason they're fat is because they don't run. Not the other way around.

After 5 years of heavy smoking and literally no exercise I started training. Im on week 3 or 4 of interval jogging everyday I still get tired after about 2 and a half min of jogging at a 7m per hour pace.

I started couch to 5k but am stuck on week 2 type of training. Any advice?

JUST
DO IT

By tired i mean need a 1 min brisk walking break the back to jog and so on. usually do about 3 miles by the end

You may want to start biking at first. Do you have a bike?

It'll do a bit better job at easing you into using your lungs and heart the way you would when you run.

It'll save on your knees and joints a bit too, at least until you feel like you run more consistently.

>week 2

The 90 sec intervals?

I'm on week 6, just stick with it. Take a repeat week if absolutely needed. You'll be amazed by how stark your improvement is in such a short amount of time. It isn't so much about strength gain as reformatting and physiological adaption. A couple weeks ago I found a 5 min jog hard. Now a 20 min jog is only a moderate challenge

>1600km
>even at a light jog
Wew

I MEANT METERS

K and M are literally next to each other on our keyboards.

Pfft
There are some males in this thread that can't even bench their weight for reps. And even that is a pathetic accomplished
But not as pathetic as not being able to do 10+ pull ups. Not pussy girl ups aka chin ups. But actual pull ups.

Oh, and also be careful about hydration and carbs. Don't start on a full stomach and make sure you've had a good dose of carbs a few hours before the workout (and breakfast, of course)

Hydrate well an hour before, don't start full of water and needing a piss

I can barely jog a fuckin block m8
>your asking me to RUN a mile?

Get your commie ass outta here.

God bless America ;-;

>tfw I was just about to post this picture.

Fuck you.

I've been running a mile every other day because I'm in training for the military. My main problem with it is I get bored of it within a few minutes.

That's why hiking is way better cardio t.bh Afghanifam

I live by a few trails and go hiking up this large hill every Sunday after church and read my books there. Comfy as fugg.

>running a single mile

Increase duration or increase intensity. A mile is nothing. If you're taking 3-4 rest days a week, run until exhaustion every session.

Anyone, and I mean literally anyone, can run a 10 minute mile.

That's a lite jog. It's like walking quickly while moving your arms.

Have you fugged there

>Not running 1600 mL a day

Let dangerous animals roam the streets.

Oh wait never mind, we've got the african american population to fill that role.

I would but I'm also trying to gain weight. I have a month and a half so I'm going to just run slightly to be able to meet the physical requirements for the fitness test but the last week before I go I'll be doing that.

No, it's my special place. I don't take anyone there. Only me and the friend I found it with really know about it since you have to go way off the trail to get to it

Running is for Western Europeans
Americans stand their ground

1 mile = 10 km
that's a lot t.b.h.

You can bulk with cardio, faggot

Running could be one of the most boring things on the planet

I'm fairly overweight, and I can easily jog a mile.

I remeber kids who were massivley overweight being able to run a mile.

Like seriously, how can people not run a mile.

It's difficult but it's possible. I've gained about 12 pounds in the last month.

Eating about 3000 calories a day and 150 grams of protein.

fat shaming threads on Sup Forums made me feel bad enough about myself to start visiting /fit/

i've lost 30lbs in the last 6 months. I know this is a strange place to post it but I truely want to thank all those that contribute to fat hate threads, made me realise how truly awful i was in the past and gave me a plan to get healthy going into the future.

MAGA

Its age related. I am unfit as FUCK but I am a 29 year old male. I can do a 10k no problem.

I think the fact that I have done them when I was fitter makes a difference though. I know what it feels like to run a 10k. Which makes me do it more efficiently despite my lack of fitness now.

Underrated post

How do you manage that little protein on that many calories? I usually hit 120-130 with hardly any lean protein (a few egg whites)

You may want to stop eating chips and candy

I bet most of you faggots can't even juggle more than three objects. Pathetic.

Literally anyone can run a mile except obese people and seniors.
They just pussy out half way because there's no actual incentive to complete it. Put a pitbull behind them and watch that mile time drop.

Also where the fuck are you citing this quote from?

120-130 on 2100 calories that is

I bet you cant ski black slopes faggot. Juggling isnt an extreme sport.

Fastest mile I ran was 5:30 on the dot. I used to pull a 20 minute 3 mile but I stopped doing more than 1 mile after I got back from the Navy.

grats m8, fat hate threads are helping me too, just started about a month and a half ago, down about 15

>long distance running
>not HIIT

REEE CARDIO FAGS, LEARN TO LIFT

i bet you cant bench press 2 times ur body weight

Back when I wrestled, I would just use this. I would literally just get beat on for the first two periods and let them get tired, then whooping on them in the third. Of course I was a heavyweight, so I was weighing 240 wrestling fat fucks who had cut to make 287, so it kinda gives an unfair advantage to me.

Been 4 years, and I am pretty sure the second mile would kill me now.

current track and XC runner
Post your times:
>2:09 half
>4:49 mile
>10:14 dub
>16:02 5k
>35:53 10k
>1:26:47 half mar

Nigga there is nobody who can run 1600km that isn't a robot

>1600km

I'm 13'69 and a with a 200" cock and a chef at Wendy's making $1.63^63 a Planck length and can jog 1600km in 5 minutes

no one cares, dork

I've never ran in my life, I never run, yet when I was asked by a friend if I could run 2km with him, I was able to do it fine.

I guess it's the decade of swimming 2.5km three times a week every week?

fatass why haven't you ever exercised before?

It depends on whether or not you're working out for total body fitness or just strength. Besides, if you skip leg day you'll just end up looking like a cartoon.

I wish I could run but my calves are so tight that I cramp like 3 minutes in.

lol im just trying to get a 20 min 3 mile

think im around 22-24 mins

soon\

advice?

There are also a shitload of weak-ass Americans and otherwise who can't squat or deadlift their own bodyweight, which is pathetic, but that's just how it is, OP.

>running

Enjoy your no-gains you pleb. Hit the bench, squat rack and deadlift instead of running like a bitch.

Do you not know how much HIIT works your legs? Especially with some added weight, goodness.

run everyday, atleast 2 miles if you can.
Do some longer runs every now and then, like 8 miles or so for muscle building.
Also before racing, try some of those vitamin drink energy supplement things, they can help you feel really energetic

If really tired or feeling pain just never stop.
At first your body must get used to exercise, then it will be easier.
So you can't stop.
If you really have to rest and screw training then rest marching.
Also warming up and cooling down is important like hell. Without good warm up you can find a wall fast

YOU FORGOT ABOUT FORREST MOTHERFUCKING GUMP NIGGA! HE NEVER STOPPED RUNNING!!!

I'm a boxer, but when I first started, I couldn't even 1/4th of a mile without stopping.

To git good, just go running for 15 minutes. Stop when you need to and start running again when you can. Do this every day and eventually you can run the whole 15 minutes without stopping. Eventually you can bump it up to 20 minutes, 30 minutes, and even an hour. If you don't do cardio and just sit at a desk for 8 hours a day, you fuck up your heart and will have major problems in your 40s and older. That's what made me start getting in shape

Yep, it's amazingly fast. I went from 280 fatty to 190 in less than a year just from running. And I went from a huffing and puffing shambling mile to an 18 min 5k

Please be joking /fit/, everybody knows cardio is essential for cardiovascular health, building more mass and keeping your metabolism up. Sure it will make you die quicker in in terms of caloric intake, but we live in the first world so I don't have that problem.

>Yuropoors have to enter 4 different countries to run 1 american mile

LITTLE

>I wish I could run but my calves are so tight that I cramp like 3 minutes in.

Stretch a bit first. Start with walking half a mile, then run.

>(1600km)
not ashamed I cant do that either

>running
Enjoy killing your gains.

probably fitter than you. I can run a mile easily. kids were breaking 5 minutes in highschool. it's not impressive. running is a shitty exercise anyway.

>Forest Gump
>Mentally retarded
>Not a robot

I can't walk more than 20 feet without pain.

Thanks, drunk driver.

I didnt see a FH thread today, yet. anybody post one?

It's all about what you eat before hand for personal bests.

Eat a bowl of pasta plus some ice team or cake before you try and shave a minute off no prob.

My own personal best was 3 miles in 24 minutes but I definitely don't have a runners frame, more of a line mans frame.

Haven't checked. been out all day, literally just bought a dumbell set so I can work out at home :^)

>tfw I run 45 miles a week.

Just copped a new pair of flyknits too.

>How do we fix this?
By killing all the people that worry about how other people live their lives and feel the need to fix other people's lives for them.

My 65 year old mum does that much.

I can't run more than 15 steps, I just tried and I basically had to give up and sit down.

Am I unhealthy?

FPBP. It literally takes like a week on the treadmill.

>1600km

that's not that much tbch, but hey, good for you dude.

I'm fat and unfit.

Should I do couch-to-5k?

I'm training for a marathon, but my damn joints are shit. Finally ran a 10k last week and my knees are acting up. I hope this doesn't last.

Really I need to start lifting weights again so girls want 2 fucc.

Is she qt?

how the hell are you supposed to jog 1600km without stopping

>muh side waifu from fucking AoT

Kill yourself. You're shit.

i can't barely run 300 meters without gasp my ass off. no wonder 1600 meters

>MUH GAINS

You faggots realize that you're pretty much a pseudoscience like mental health? Nothing has been proven, and you're all infighting over what is the best method.

>side waifu
>having more than one waifu

I definitely can't run a mile, but I also have heart problems and heavy cardio could literally kill me.

I also can't imagine any scenarios where I might need to run more than a mile anyways.

I say 'side' because she literally has one or two scenes in the series. You like her because she's obscure and a slut.

Here's a scenario: you're going to be a fat piece of shit forever if you don't learn to run a standard mile.

>How do we fix this?

You can't without upsetting too many people.
Fat acceptance still exists so enforcing proper Physical Ed in schools mandating students pass the 1 mile run to pass won't pass yet. Nor will forcing private businesses keep their workers in shape.
People are just getting lazier as technology advances, even losing the automobile people will pay for cyclist taxis to ferry them around.
We would need outrageous extreme environments to force people to stay in shape or die, like releasing genetically enhanced stray dogs designed to chase people and be immune to bullets, or submerging cities and suburbs in 5 feet of water forcing people to swim to get anywhere and only allow boating for children too young to learn swimming yet and emergency services.