ITT: Movie theories that blew our minds

ITT: Movie theories that blew our minds.

Somerset was the real killer and John Doe was just a patsy.

retard

Neo was the split personality of Morpheus.

I've studied this movie.

I've heard one about the first movie that I'm not sure I entirely believe but basically

>The matrix is the internet
>hack group is like pre-anonymous anonymous
>the real world is the third world we don't see which is why everyone from zion is brown
>majority of people are blue pilled faggots who lie to themselves about ecological disaster, government overreach and corporate slavery. which is why they live in a media created fantasy bubble

ETC I'm sure you get the point. It doesn't all exactly fit but a lot of it worked better than i thought.

You have to go back

On another Matrix note, there's a pretty convincing argument that Neo isn't the one, it's Agent Smith. Because Smith was born in the Matrix and Neo was not.

Civil War was good

>image.jpg

>le anarkist joker was a war veteran which was why he was so good with explosives

>plot theories
Absolutely pleb. I'm disappointed in all of you, you're sentenced to five more years of film school.

This theory has been around longer than reddit has existed you fucking retarded child.

>image.jpg

Of course.

>reddit

>>>>>reddit

>>hack group is like pre-anonymous anonymous
Holy shit senpai you're a huge faggot. Do you honestly believe hacker groups wasn't a common thing before Sup Forums?

just the first most obvious example that came to mind, don't blow a load sensei

Neo was born in the matrix, guy .. what are you talking about?

>corporate slavery
I have never wanted to bash someone's face in harder than I want to bash yours in right now.

Feel free to drop by friend and keep denying obvious truths.

This is obviously nonsense.

However, I fully accept that the Matrix has multiple layers and Zion is a simulation as canon. Reloaded and Revolutions literally spell this out and don't understand people who don't get this.

>mfw

you're an idiot

Yeah, no. The architect literally says it and it's the only explanation why Neo has superpowers outside of the matrix.

It's undebatable.

how can one achieve such infrared pilledness as you?

Neo has no superpowers outside of Matrix. He's only able to do weird shit to machines, which are all plugged to the Matrix which is where Neo has powers. You could even argue that his blind gold-sight is just him using machines to map out the surroundings.

And how does he connect to the matrix dipshit?

Literally he has wifi. That's literally the canon answer.

Drink a lot of coffee
jack off a lot and
read the backs of books once and a while.

Literally makes no sense. But at least I will give you credit making this thread only once a month.
Who is Morpheus fighting with then? Why trinity starts showing affection to Morpheus only after his second personality starts developing? What's the point of Morpheus being in two places at the same time, his presence having actual effect at both places (Neo going to Machine City only with Trinity. Morpheus doing other stuff)? I don't think it's a good theory.
Ewww. So what is the first movie about? Zion is not even there. The hackers spreading the truth? The airplane ride to the third world countries? What are the machines, which have built the Matrix, the "Internet"?
How does one come up with this shit? Were the phrases brown people - hacktivists/hackers - Internet enough?
Neo was born in the Matrix. You could argue how can reproduction work in the real world where they are trapped in goo and so how cana Neo be born in the Matrix, but good explanations can be found about that. Also, Morpheus says to Neo that he has never used his muscles before, which means he was actually born in the Matrix.
Not undebatable but it's undeniable as far as I know.That doesn't mean it's true though.
See I've heard of one about Fight Club that says that the whole movie is Narrator's process to come in terms with the fact he has testicle cancer and Marla is another alter ego he developed for that (Tyler being the masculinity he has to deny from now on, Marla being the feminine side he has to accept). It's interesting, but I stick with the original.

ᵈᵉᵗᵉᶜᵗᶦᵛᵉ

Detective

I'VE SEEN THIS FUCKING THREAD 50 FUCKIN TIMES AND NEVER ONCE HAS ANY PROOF TO THIS EVER BEEN POSITED

EVER.

IS THERE ONE THING IN THE MOVIE THAT POINTS TO THIS?

>I've heard of one about Fight Club that says that the whole movie is Narrator's process to come in terms with the fact he has testicle cancer and Marla is another alter ego he developed for that (Tyler being the masculinity he has to deny from now on, Marla being the feminine side he has to accept). It's interesting, but I stick with the original.
that's actually an interesting theory.

try google you autistic faggot

>reddit
You have to go back

Good answer.
Tell em what he's won!

Fan theories are so reddit.

Getting """mindblown""" by them is pure buzzfeed-tier.

Red

phoneposter

>>>/reddit/

That's not even a theory, it's just applicability

I don't have anything to contribute but just wanted to say that me and the rest of the guys at reddit love your work.