My bearded dragon is currently shedding its tail, and I found this under the new shed. Should I be worried, and if so...

My bearded dragon is currently shedding its tail, and I found this under the new shed. Should I be worried, and if so, what should I do about it? Make Sup Forums great again!

Sup Forums was never great.

It's the red bump I'm worried about btw. I think it might be a blood clot or something akin, but I can't say for sure.

it's a little unclear, take another picture.

are you sure it's not dropping it's tail? I am a new beardie owner, got one on the 27th of may and it's still the size of my finger, it's so shy and hates me

Here you go

When this happened to my bearded, the guy at petsmart said that you have to shove him up your ass head first. You have to take him all the way to the sore spot. Human feces have some sort of healing agent for reptiles. So try that and let us know how it went. It was fine for my little guy.

This is the head up ass sarcastic Sup Forums I remember

Bearded dragons can't do that dumbass

They don't drop tails mate
And you need to start handling yours every day, take it out the tank for a bit but careful because they're quick!

Dropping its tail wouldn't cause something like this protruding bump to occur.

Yes I know beardies can't drop their tails, I thought he meant drop as in let it down and drag it about instead of holding it up.

he gonna die

Of its an unsealed hole in his scales that bacteria can get into, then yes. Real talk, I wanna know what this red THING is.

Make sure he has a dish of water that's big enough to bathe in. Make it about an inch deep so it covers his tail and body but not his head. It helps shed his skin.

I think I'll give him a warm bath instead. Poor goy deserves it.

Could be a mite, could be that the skin wasn't ready to come off yet and you pulled it off too early.

I didn't pull it off, it was shedding on its own. I put the scales that were above it back over it, and the underside of the scale was a kind of reddish black, like a scab for us humans. How should I find out if it's a mite?

Bump

If you soak him in water for about 5-10 mins and the bump moves or floats away, it's a mite. I believe there are different sprays and such to treat them if it is one.

When in doubt, go to the vet. Not fucking Sup Forums.

Everyone will tell you its dying or it has cancer.

take it to the vet you idiot

in focus faggot