What happened to this? IMDb says 2016, but I've heard practically nothing about it

What happened to this? IMDb says 2016, but I've heard practically nothing about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DHTv65261NU
youtube.com/watch?v=RQ0MGKSd_wA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

will it be kino?

It'll be James Franco trying to make Boogie Nights. It'll be okay because the source material (meaning the book) is strong enough.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it'll be shit but I am very interested in seeing it.

Does Tommy Wiseau have any involvement?

>directed by james franco

he's a very busy man

dude on reddit who worked on a James Franco movie said as a director he's unprofessional as fuck which doesn't surprise me considering howmany different projects he has going on at the same time, he's just making things for the sake of credits. he showed up on set on the first day of filming, literally was present zero during pre production, I think it was for his movie Zeroville

The Masterpiece is his first studio movie though so maybe it'll be better since it might have some quality control and it's not just Franco fucking around

hehehe you have funny tabs open, so clever and never been done before. im crying lmao #savage

Well I don't think it'll be shit, unless Franco turns out to be completely incompetent as a director. I think he'll be good enough to where he won't lose all of the funny and interesting parts of the real story, but he won't do anything particularly well.

>dude on reddit said...
WTF I hate James Franco now

>unless Franco turns out to be completely incompetent as a director

have you ever seen a James Franco movie

youtube.com/watch?v=DHTv65261NU

Your autism is showing.

Says the fag who bothered to open up a bunch of webpages so that his screenshot could appear "funny".

you have to go back

>I DID NAT

who was nat?

>why didnt i think of that: the post

That wasn't even me. You just seem pretty pathetic to even care.
And most people that care enough to shitpost have autism.

bascally he hires students to do everything which is cool i guess since film students get experience but ehh

> worked on one of his sets with a bunch of his students a while back and was actually surprised to find that he was actually a huge jerk. Not a dick, not a premadonna, just kind of a jerk. Though, the dude does seem insanely busy, plus the set I was on was a mess (i think he was doing his best to let his student run it). So, maybe he was just stressed out. Regardless, you're right, there has to be at least a shred of decency in him to create all this work, quality or not, for kids like myself trying to get experience and figure out what it is we want to do.

>I know a guy who worked in the location department on one of those films currently in post production - Zeroville. He told me that Franco didn't even show up until the first day of principle photography. That is unheard of. A good director should be involved in every aspect of pre-production, helping make decisions on location, wardrobe, art & set dec, props, casting. And, generally, he should be doing most of those things in person, getting to know his crew, acting as a leader.
I always wondered how the hell he was involved in so many projects - acting, writing, and directing his own films, while starring in other movies and even acting as the lead in television shows at the same time. Knowing he often doesn't even show up until the project starts filming explains it. To me, it seems like he isn't directing because he loves the process (otherwise he would be substantially more involved). He directs for the recognition. To have that credit - James Franco: writer, director, and star. Makes him a jack of all trades but master of none.

Honestly, no. How bad?

William Friedkin had a great story about Franco

youtube.com/watch?v=RQ0MGKSd_wA

I have only seen As I Lay Dying and it's dogshit

>dude on reddit who worked on a James Franco movie said

maybe you should go back there and find out more.

Half way through I realized he didn't finish the Franco story, and ya know what? Don't care. He's a cool raconteur.