What the fuck is up with this guy's face in the past few years? (stupid expression aside)

What the fuck is up with this guy's face in the past few years? (stupid expression aside)

I just cant put my finger on it but I feel it's there..did he get plastic surgery or something? Something looks eerily off, just look at these two pictures. Did he start using awful lots of make-up? Just look at his fucking skin

Also if you watch any video of him from some years ago his demeanor is way more "human-like" now he looks and acts like some sort of poorly-made, awkward robot or something.

Weed

It's because he's had to come to terms with what an awful film maker he is.

The eye thing baffles me. He does it in nearly every photo taken of him now. Does it make him look younger in his head?

probably thinks it makes him look le quirky and eccentric

He definitely got hair plugs recently.

Yeah it's the quirky thing. I got LA friends on facebook who pull a Sitcom Face in every single fucking picture. Bullet worthy.

>Sitcom Face
post some examples

Looks like a tiny amount of botox, maybe a slight facelift, a lot of pancake powder on the face, and a lot of soy sauce in the hair.

I really hate that big eyed face he makes. Just fucking bothers me for some reason. Was watching a bit of an evening with Kevin Smith and the dude was just so much more chill and interesting. Maybe weed did turn him into a fucking idiot, idk

He looks healthier now. Definitely has a stylist or his wife does his appearance. Everything is trimmed perfectly and I can't see him doing that himself, his personality is too lazy for that.

Didn't he also lose a lot of weight?

he is constantly doing that stupid fucking expression

Xtina thread?

He's started wearing contacts, trimming his beard and watching his weight.

I'm not about to dump pics but here's an example

He definitely lost weight, and I can see what you're saying about the hair

>Was watching a bit of an evening with Kevin Smith and the dude was just so much more chill and interesting
I never particularly liked him but I was watching his story for that crazy producer of superman who wanted a huge spider fight in the movie and like you said he seems like a totally different person. He at least looked like a person, way more relaxed and articulate and overall human, even if he was way fatter. Weed probably fucked him up tbqh

He got old but he's too fat to wrinkle so he went into the uncanny valley. It's not plastic surgery because of he was into surgery then he wouldn't have tits.

>He looks healthier now
No he doesnt man. Look at the OP pics, the old one seems way healthier the right one seems like a fabricated human being. All caked up like some holywood whore at least the older one looks natural, only his weight looks bad.

He smokes weed daily. He now writes and even directs all of his movies while high. Bruce Willis said that while they were filming Cop Out Smith spent most of the day in his trailer smoking weed. Smoking that much does fuck with your brain.

Insanely heavy make up

He's content.

A feeling none of us will never know.

a guy who talks about his wife's taint on social media, cries when watching the finale of a superhero semi-low budget teen tv show, films it and upldoads it and takes selfies with his dying mother while STILL making that stupid face must be super content and well adjusted, youre right

Post moar stories about how Kevin Smith used to be cool but it now just a stoner

>wears huge hockey jerseys at all fuctions

>you will never be this /fa/

Its that surprised, wrinkled forehead look that every millennial does before a photo... like they are having paparazzi follow them and its such a surprise that they want pictures

Probably got it from his daughter

Sup Forums - Celebrities

I'm thinking this is the closest to the truth, he does that face but he doesn't seem to have any lines on his forehead. Also I wonder if that face isn't some kind of reaction to hide his hairline receding, his eyebrows are clearly raised yet the distance between them and his hairline seems about the same in both pics. Kinda like how certain actors stand on their tiptoes all the time to look taller.

Pics of daughter? She's 18, right?

It's aging and weight loss.

>I'm_an_ordinary_and_open_minded_guy,_but_this_sure_is_a_quirky_situation.jpg

/thread

He's gotten fatter over the years.
Man Kevin Smith really shows that smoking weed regularly really does have long term effects.

all the people saying that him smoking weed has to do with his appearance just kill yourselves

I'm a millennial, I can't stand it either. I usually have a smiling, snarling or neutral expression in pictures.

what a fucking fag anyone who pulls this shit i want to punch the nigger

This was my entire newsfeed on facebook until unfollowed practically everyone.

>soy sauce in the hair
Ahh, the Liam Neeson hair treatment

I was a big fan of him in my teens. There's just something off about him now. Maybe it's because he's high all the time now but he's basically turned into this massive manchild. And no, he wasn't like that before even though he's always had nerdy interests

M I D L I F E C R I S I S

His eyes are always bulging now because his wife has his balls in a vise and fucks his ass with a giant black strapon every day.

I am surprised he still manages to somehow be "relevant". Other than Clerks, did he ever do anything worth while? I mean why can't he just move his fucking fat ass and so something, all he does now is complain and acts like he's some fucking big shot who retired. He's a fucking "literally who?" tier of director. Yet people still give him attention like he's relevant.

What's his sekret?

Everyone's just waiting for Clerks 3. I don't think anyone would care about him let alone sit through garbage like Yoga Hosers if he wasn't going to do Clerks 3 at some point. It will be terrible most likely but there's still a small chance it might be a return to form.

I had seen all his films before age 13, he was my first kino experience, getting into a directors filmorgraphy and all that and wanting to do what he does

Clerk 2 proved that it was a 1 hit wonder and he won't be able to ever recreate that.

harry potter is getting old.

Everyone I know who liked him at the start now hates him. That goodwill is running out fast.

>Man with round-ish glasses
>M-must call him Harry Potter because that's the only person with semi circular glasses I can think of.

3/10 made me reply

I just hate that he involves himself in fucking everything and I see his face or his opinion everywhere like people give a shit about either.

It's a pathetic clinging to a better past self and it's just sad.

he's just an asshole

>Other than Clerks, did he ever do anything worth while?
Just the one

dogma is a trashy film, trying to be a comedy but is not actually funny.
Chasing amy and mall rats are pretty good films.

He's starting to seem too fake. At least before with his Q&As and podcasts it seemed somewhat organic, now it feels really overtly produced and fake.

I used to listen to Jay and Silent Bob Get Old when it started, and back when it was more off the cuff it was fun. Then when he started planning it too much, and giving out the same anecdotes time and time again it felt forced and rehearsed. I remember there was a show early on where it was basically him and Jay going over random shit, and Jay pulls out some magazine quiz he found to find out whether Kev was addicted to weed, and they riffed on it for a bit, made intervention jokes, felt like a real conversation between two friends shooting the shit. Cut to what it is now, where each show has segments and shit, and it's the same reactions to stories, the charm is gone.

Dogma is an interesting exploration of Catholic lore with some comedy thrown in, Chasing Amy and Mallrats were run-of-the-mill 90s RomComs.

At least we have based TESD still going strong. If only they'd get rid of gitem already...

Woah woah woah. Its okay.

I'm willing to tolerate Gitem if only because it allows Bry and Q to shit on Walt for once instead of it being Walt and Bry/Q team up and shit on Q/Bry

Troll Walt is the GOAT part of the podcast though. That shit with maps and math a few episodes ago was hilarious.

Weed removes wrinkles and evens the skin tone of your face? I gotta find me some weed

He's turned into a fucking cartoon character over the last 5 years and has legitimately stopped trying to make good movies. As someone who was such a big fan, to see him take such a drastic fall is infuriating.

I wanted to see Hit Somebody.

His only podcast I ever listened to was Hollywood Babble-on.

The guy is horrible. He does nothing but tell long winded, boring stories and make blowjob jokes. Ralph Garmin carries his ass hard.

To be fair, Garman is the lead on HBO, Kev is just the wacky sidekick.

Smodcast was pretty good when it was just Kev and Mos shooting the shit for an hour. It was very similar to TESD in that it's two real friends recording a conversation and discussing the wacky shit they'd come up with. But since Mos seems like he's out of town every other week working on some movie, and it's basically Kev and some random guest, it's not as interesting

But whenever Mosier is back it seems like it's always Scan BC shit. It was funny the first time but now he's run that into the ground.

this
now i just wait for the inevitable mental breakdown

Between AMC shilling and his hundred podcasts he's a shell of a man.

He gets away with retconning his life too much the guy used to joke about how Flannigan would trade him comics for a bowl or two when they were in their 20s.

i think americans get it from pic related.

Otherwise known as 'Garmin spends 50 minutes doing the same exhausted five impressions by email request while Smith gets high giggles' show.

The irony is if he just spent an hour in an isolated room retelling hollywood stories it'd be one of the best podcasts in existence.

>tfw Sup Forums talks shit about you

no