Is this the greatest pop album of all time?

Is this the greatest pop album of all time?

>pet sounds
>the dreaming
>ziggy stardust

>Is this the greatest pop album of all time?
>Is this the greatest album of all time?

ftfy. No, but it's up there.

No. The Dreaming is.

>>Is this the greatest album of all time?
>ftfy. No, but it's up there.
nice meme

It probably is even tho I prefer The Dreaming personally

>meme

I wish

then go away

A lot of Kate Bush threads lately. Is this becoming Sup Forumscore?

Imagine being enough of a contrarian to actually think The Dreaming is better than Hounds of Love

>people who disagree with me are contrarians
nah bud

No. Visions and Art Angels are superior in every way except the covers.

The Dreaming is her least "pop" album. So in that context the answer to OPs question is YES
Anyways her "holy trinity" (the dreaming, hounds and sensual world) is flawless

You must be new here

I honestly couldn't say which one is better. They're very different, but they're both clearly Kate's best.

I just usually reserve to saying Hounds is better because Cloudbusting is my favorite song of hers. But Hounds is also basically two EPs stapled together, so it suffers in consistency compared to The Dreaming. Plus, Get Out of My House is my favorite closer.

>The Dreaming is her least "pop" album.
I'd say Aerial is less pop.
Also her Holy Trinity for me is Never for Ever -> Hounds of Love.
quints confirm.

Honestly though, Pet Sounds is pretty close/a bit higher.

>people with obvious contrarian opinions are contrarians
yes

The Dreaming is definitely fantastic, but you saying that it's more consistent than Hounds of Love makes your argument ridiculous.

But never for ever wasn't produced by her and also contains one of her worst songs (Violin)
You're right about Aerial, but no one expected to be a pop album in the first place.
The dreaming is too experimental to be considered pop, same can be said about the 9th wave so that leaves us with the sensual world, which is criminally underrated.
That being said, it's a matter of taste. But Hounds broke more barriers, no one was making accesible sample based music at the time and cloudbursting might just be the perfect pop song

btw, recently got hounds of love on vinyl and holy shit, some songs sound completely different (better)

I just mean consistent thematically. Dreaming starts off dense and percussive and it mostly stays that way through the whole record (Suspended in Gaffa is the only real outlier). Hounds of Love has two moods reserved for two different sides of the record.

Ive been here since 2012, but nice to ask.

yes
nice quints op

I like Violin. I was genuinely surprised when people started saying they hated that song.
Honestly I'd say all of her records but Aerial are pop- even the Dreaming has plenty of accessible material (There Goes a Tenner, Gaffa, Sat in Your Lap) that stays mostly within the realm of Never for Ever's mood. Certainly Hounds is, even if it's just 1/2 a pop album.

Violin is just a generic rock song, I get what she was going for but it's not something you wanna go back to, like Rockets Tail, just to name another of her "rock-ish" tunes that is far more enjoyable imo

Fuck. Are you me?

Question: how come an orchestral pop album from the 80s was so successful?

Digits confirm, good man. It's probably her most accomplished work but Aerial may be my favorite album of hers, if only for the sky of honey suite alone.

it was made by an artist already established in the mainstream published on a major label. it being fucking amazing also helped a fair bit

It was highly ambitious and creative but still catchy and accessible enough for mainstream audiences, so it won over everyone. It hit that sweet spot between artistry and accessibility that's really hard to balance.
This too.

Did she make more poppy music before this?

yes lad. her first single was a 1# hit in a bunch of Euro countires and her albums sold very well

The funny thing is that her first two or three albums are more rock-oriented or have more rockish songs.

so they're not worth listening?

Define orchestral
Most instruments where sampled, she even used her sampled voice in many tracks. It's as orchestral as early Pet Shop Boys in that regard, which isn't a bad thing, specially because it came out 3 years before PSB debut

>btw, am I the only one that noticed how much she influenced early Coil? "The dreamers" (b side of the single) and the middle part of ninth wave is very coil-ish. John admited being a die hard fan

>orchestral sound

all her albums are worth listening to up until The Sensual World. then it's kind of for hardcore fans only

The first one it is. It has some great songs like Wuthering Heights. The third, Never for Ever is also good but her best ones are The Dreaming and Hounds Of Love, that was her peak.

Here's a bit of trivia for you.
Hounds of Love is one of the first albums to use the Fairlight CMI.
That very same Fairlight was procured by Jhonn Balance and Peter Christopherson of Coil, and they used the same samples Kate used on Hounds of Love on their own albums.

Jhonn later stole some lyrics from Hounds of Love on "Queens of the Circulating Library",
>its in the trees its coming
spoken by Thighpaulsandra mother, Dorothy Lewis a opera singer.

lol
did you type this while I was typing this?magik is real

By a woman, yes.

I guess I must have, lol.

so cool

>Nookie - Limp Bizkit

Great! What's your favorite pop album by a man.

it's up there, but the best pop album of all time is this