good beats weak bars

>weak bars

Go listen to Hopsin nigga

Beats>bars

>Good beats
>One of them sounds like DJ mustard circa 2013

can this meme die?

hopsin is trash also
yeah but why wouldn't i just listen to flume,sophie solo projects instead. the lyrics ruin it
which one?

Idk why this album is boring to me

Drool is better.

Big Fish

no idea but this fishe is really cool

nice fishe

yeah i agree that beat wasn't good. song wasn't good at all

This album is going to be dated soudning in about a year

shit dance music

Wow I'm listening to this now and it's honestly trash. What the fuck was Vince thinking

The rapping on the garage shit was a nice attempt but just because you can doesn't mean you should. Samo is just bass overload trash, as is Yeah Right, even though Kendrick did his thing on that one. The singles were all trash so I don't have hope for the rest

nope it's Nnamdi Ogbonnaya's Drool and it's not even close

Party People, Homage, Love can be are the few highlights of this album

this album is 6/12 on good tracks if you're being generous. For me personally, probably a 4/12. Terrible.

good bars weak beats
why the fuck do i want to hear someone rap over uk garage

Just put this on two minutes, lovin the first song

Yes but that's not saying much. Forgettable.

examples of good bars?

Tell the president to suck a dick because we own ya

To me it's a stalemate between Big Fish Theory and Steroids (Crouching Tiger Hidden Gabber Megamix).

Are you kidding?

Oh come on, no one actually thinks that. I refuse to believe you.

Stop riding Kendrick's dick. DAMN. is at most a 6+

It's okay. I really don't understand the critics being enamored with Vince Staples.

It's because we on now, not we own ya you dumbshit. Plus that song was more a 'fuck the establishment' type song than a Trump one.

my boy vinny got bars your ears clogged son

>still caring about hip-hop lyrics

It's okay. Beats are pretty interesting for the most part, but Vince is still way too boring of an MC to carry a 12 song album all the way through. Some of the tracks are really repetitive and he still can't write a hook for shit.

I'd give it like a 6/10. DAMN is easily better

agreed. This dude sounds like he got shit in his nose.

Tonemenomicon > Lexemenomicon?
Only way to discuss hip hop aoty in 2017.

This album is fucking gold

It features SOPHIE even, Cashmere Cat and him are trying to bring PC music to the mainstream perhaps?

Either way, I put it up there with DAMN. with AOTY contenders

yah but tyler and earl droppin soon

WAS DANNY BROWN RIGHT ABOUT POST HOP??

nobody thinks that saturation is hip hop aoty?

Fuck I've really got to find the time to hear those a second time but they're so fucking massive, it makes me wish they'd just take the best things from them and distill them into an hour-long album (ik their "thing" is that there's always 26 tracks at 10 minutes but still). If they'd done that, it'd probably wind up as easily one of the best of the year.

I think some people might be afraid of being called Fantano drones. I've still never heard it but, assuming it's as good as he thinks it is, that's my guess.

1: BROCKHAMPTON - Saturation
2: Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory
3: Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.
4: Rick Ross - Rather You Than Me
5: Slim Thug - Welcome 2 Houston

What exactly does this do that DAMN didn't?

Vince didn't even talk about anything worthwhile.

We're deep into his career now and still know basically nothing about him. I know more about YG than I do Vince Staples.

It's objectively good but I haven't come back to it at all after the first couple listens. DAMN has so much more replay value IMO

Why does Kendrick always have to do that whiney ass voice on every feature?
Really good feature though

2gay4me2bh

Both albums are bulletproof. Complaining about these masterpieces as a shorter album is like saying they should condense the entire Harry Potter film series into one film.

>Objectively good
>Seemingly unironically
Jesus.

The first three tracks on Rather You Than Me are better than all of "DAMN!" though.

Yo Where's Logic?

I feel like the only one who prefers Vince on tat track and I'm not even a fan of his generally.

You could tell even Vince took a back seat on that one

He doesn't like white people and he's a crip but has a strangely great taste in music?

in the trash bin with MGK and Joyner Lucas' albums

are you me?

Idk if that's the best comparison. The less Harry Potter the better.

I'm just saying -- and I've only heard them each once so I don't exactly have them burned into my brain -- if you're releasing albums at this rate and they're this long, there's going to be some filler that can afford to be cut.

>Bigfish is AOTY!

I've been a fan of Vince since he was just seen as a Odd Future Groupie. His rapping really isn't that great so far on here. The beats are the thing that's standing out

>Joyner Lucas

I tried to give him a chance and it was honestly some of the worst trash ass rap I've heard since 2004. Sounded like it belonged in 2002.

>filler
0%

Fuck off cunt, you know exactly what it meant in that context

>I put this trash album with another trash album as album of the year contenders

At least you're consistent

Lol okay well I assume you know better than I do. I'll definitely give them another listen. I've only been hearing people excited about Lex though. Do you actually think Ton is better?

>You're Fantasia and the body bag's a fucking book

I miss this Vince. Vince now cares too much and is nowhere near the savage he used to be lyrically. I mean Earl still comes with the savage lines. That one line he has "why you got your couch on my chucks" that was some savage shit. Vince ain't got that in him no more.

examples?

thank you

>Damn is literally generic trap beats for Kendrick to shit out to a mainstream audience

>Big Fish is another Vince Staples project with hit or miss production, has him rapping on garage type beats, weird Sophie beats, and more

>somehow Damn did this

Kendrick stans are fucking atrocious sometimes. Apparently Kendrick was rapping on garage beats on Damn and I just didn't hear it.

10. Forget
9. Make It Be
8. Crack Up
7. Big Fish Theory
6. Saturation
5. 30 seconds
4. A Crow Looked At Me
3. World Eater
2. Meeting Of The Waters
1. Common As Light And Love Are Red Valleys Of Blood

Every track is good from both albums.

>weird Sophie beats,
huh?
its literally sophie remaking msmmmm

it gets repetitive after a few listens. u2 was the best thing on it

objectively the only good hiphop album of the year

Nigga the beat on the first half of XXX is more experimental than every single beat on this album.

>Damn is trap

kek

this is more reddit than RTJ. disgusting

kys

Anyone else feel like DAMN. was extremely generic and it sounded just like every regular, playing-it-safe rapper out there atm?
I ask (as a fan of TPAB) because I don't listen to much hip-hop coming out now, but I still catch some new stuff from time to time, but not nearly as much as a big hip-hop fan would, so I might just be totally wrong.

tpab was already generic tho.

>"Hiphop AOTY so far?"
But thanks for sharing anyway I guess.

yes but it sounds oddly intentional

Every single thing Kendrick does is generic trash. GKMC is literally 2012 dated core.

TPAB was generic as fuck.

DAMN is his attempt at Nothing Was The Same.

Honestly, More Life took more risks than DAMN did.

Eh well I haven't listened to it in a while, but didn't it have more influence from other genres and pulled from things that weren't just contemporary hip-hop? That's what made it more unique than most that was coming out to me.

This album sucks. What the fuck is wrong with you all? Rather listen to the leaked Shabazz

No it was literally generic trash and The Roots did what it did at least 10 years before kendrick.

This may be bait, but I agree.

you mean jazz? which has been happening in hip hop since the 90s?

>Honestly, More Life took more risks than DAMN did.

Jesus fucking christ dude

it did

Well hey, again like I said, I don't have a very extensive knowledge of hip-hop. I just meant I thought it was acceptably different from his contemporaries. And yeah, jazz and funk.

What? It did.

I got Dancehall. Hip Hop. Trap. Grime.

What did Kendrick give me? What Drake sounded like in 2013.

/thread

lets see more life has
dancehall
grime
hip hop
pop
trap
r&b

damn has
hip hop
reverse sampling omg so new

i wish i was

its more polished than his contemporaries. but then again hes working with the best guys with that sound out right now.
its like how kanye spent 3m on mbdtf. of courses its going to be better than his contemporaries. they don't have that kind of money

Seen this a few times but never listened to it.
This is really good so far. Thanks lad

How is DAMN. repetitive, no two tracks are a like, you want repetitive try Amerikkan bada$$

>Hip-Hop
>Brockhampton
>Good

kys

nothing of importance is said.
its not fun either.

I just came in this thread and ctrl F "kendrick"
why can't you guys talk about other music without trying so hard to justify it in comparison to kendricks album.
You and I both know it's easily better then big fish, hell kendricks verse was like a grim reminder that vince is such an average rapper.
Just stop, enjoy it for what it is.

Kendrick peaked at s80

XXX. says many important things, FEAR. says many important things. YAH. says very important things as does PRIDE.
HUMBLE, GOD and ELEMENT are about as fun as kendrick gets, chu mean homie

Keep lying to yourself.

People sleepin on the real hiphop AOTY

It's a good album but pic related is AOTY