Why is everything going by so fast

why is everything going by so fast

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SNgyEmYyQF4
20min.ch/schweiz/news/story/Mysterioeser-Regen-Kreis-verbluefft-Meteorologen-19518706
youtube.com/watch?v=cxMkMBXAVZ8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Enjoy yourself

It's later than you think

Entropy?

But really, it's just that the longer you live the smaller any amount of time is in proportion to the rest of your life. Every day, month, season and year seems to be going by faster and faster because your perspective of time is expanding.

Just like the rest of the universe.

Because the CERN is fucking with the space time continuum.

If you wonder what that mean you should be afraid.

Very afraid.

Cos you're living a boring life. Do more interesting things, make more memories and the passage of time will seem to move slower.

>tfw graduated college, married, and have the first kid already
>tfw high school seems like yesterday
>tfw I'm probably gonna go to sleep tonight, wake up, and be 20 years older

>77

kill yourself fag

"Smoke rises from the mountain of Doom. The hour grows late and OP the Faggot posts to Sup Forums seeking my counsel. For that is why you have come, is it not… my old friend?"

I don't know but is it true that things go by EVEN faster as you grow older!? T-that's just a meme, right?

Humans process information logarithmically, so in your youth a year seems so long because it's only 1/5th or 1/10th of your life. When you're 30 now a year is 1/30th so it doesn't seem as long. This progressively increases so your life seems to go faster and faster.

I need to steal your time to increase mine. Don't worry I'll explain later.

7 is an unclean symbole made popular by alistar crowley you satanist!

like said, as long as you do new things, time wont go that fast

Its just that when you're younger, time seems to go slower, because there's a lot of new things happening all the time

Relevant,

youtube.com/watch?v=SNgyEmYyQF4

Once you hit 30, it gets even worse.

This is true but it's also probably due to the fact you sit around doing nothing all day.

When you feel your days, weeks, months and years up with activities and things to remember, it makes time feel slower. If you just cruise a long on auto-pilot, you tend not to remember the details and it seems like time has passed by quicker.

Fill your days**

Today's news (picture related): 20min.ch/schweiz/news/story/Mysterioeser-Regen-Kreis-verbluefft-Meteorologen-19518706

I was 18 a blink of an eye ago. Today at 34 it feels like every year is about 2 months long.

A trip to the store seems so fast now. wtf?

that's a bit too big to be the 27 kilomememe circle

unless they bludged the map scale

22 now, From around 2012 I've been realizing I sort of experience less, observe less, think less over a year. I seem to be doing almost the same activities I did before, it's just like each of them got substantially shorter. Is that how getting old is supposed to be?

it means the habbening comes quicker

They say it was a technical error with the radar or something. I don't buy it.

>didn't enjoy the first 18 years of my life at all, they were sluggish and painful
>now that I've gotten my shit together and know my priorities and which issues I need to address to make life worthwhile, time is starting to go fast anyways
sucks innit

Daily reminder that almost half of the year is already gone

I think it's a matter of perspective.
Like, if you are 1yo, then living another year means doubling the time you've experienced.
So if you are 80yo then living to 81 would feel like the last year took somewhere between 1%-1,5% of your total time. Which is correct, while actually it's just another year gone by.

End Times. Enjoy those nightmares by the way. God is trying to wake you up.

youtube.com/watch?v=cxMkMBXAVZ8

I'm 31 now and a year goes by very fast.

I had a friend explain this phenomenon to me and it makes sense: if you are someone with a strict routine, which I am, then you perceive time to be faster.

I quit smoking blunts all day and life is going by too fast

Curse you nigger grass!

But the reality is time isn't going faster. Time can't go faster for one person and slower for another.

Perhaps it just means you're settling.

You're right that time, which is a measurement of change of things around us, can't go faster.

But the perception of time changes for people the older you get. Life becomes more routinized and because of that time seems to go by faster because you aren't experiencing anything new and you just kind of fill in the blanks faster because you know what's coming.

Not sure if I'm making any sense, but you just kind of take a backseat because life becomes more and more predictable.

I don't believe you

One day you'll wake up for the last time.

Yeah I think I get what you mean. Time seems to fly by if you sit and do the same shit every day because your brain doesn't really bother to store the same crap so there's bigger gaps right?

But if you are doing new things, you will remember it and feel like time is going more slowly if you keep things fresh.

So the trick to feeling like you had a long long is to not get stuck in the same routine right?

I get for a lot of cubicle slaves that isn't an option but I'm talking theoretically.

a long life* not a long long

time is a valuable thing watch it fly by as the pendulum swings

>tfw rmiddle-school one day, almost 30 the next

Time flies.

U seem to be looking for /rk9/

>your brain doesn't really bother to store the same crap so there's bigger gaps right?

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant.

Not sure how old you are, but try taking a vacation for a week and you'll find that the vacation seems to last much longer because you're doing different stuff. Don't just sit at a resort, go for like an exploration style vacation.

I went to Panama in late 2014 and that week seemed to have lasted MUCH longer than a work week.

I guess a boring life seemingly ends quickly. haha

>already nearing middle of current year
>new year felt like it was 2 months ago
>I will be on a hospital bed and thinking back to this moment and wonder where all that time went

Ticking away the moments that make up the dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say

That's sad lads

Someone hold me

Agreed I'll be 22 in July feels like just last year I was talking the piss in hs and being in love with my qt Latina gf feelsbadman

Yes. It's a meme. Time drags on and you wonder when the ride will end, all the while doing pointless bullshit to fill the void.

>tfw already halfway to 29 and wasted my 20s
fuck