What will go wrong?

What will go wrong?

Everything

Now

While everyone is recreating the 80's in their music and finding success, Arcade Fire thinks taking it back another generation of music will grant them the same success.

The problem is that the ABBA influence on the lead single is so painfully apparent and executed, no one really wants a disco revival when we have modern dance music, of any subgenre. Plus like I said, this new wave revival that's going on is much more dominant.

I didn't take much issue with Reflektor, but holy shit idk wtf they're thinking with this new direction.

simply epic

I don't think it's that. I reckon someone could pull off an ABBA-esque song now and have some success with it. I think the problem is it's just not very good.

Save this! Can't believe that just happened!

HaHa looks like Sup Forums sure knows how to stay classy ;)

edit: WOW! didn't expect this gold, ever had this before thanks Sup Forums

it's a joke m8
I'm excited for it. Both singles were much stronger than almost everything on Reflektor (save for Afterlife). It's a continuation of that James Murphy sound they had on Reflektor, except now they've injected some life and personality into it. They've made the instrumentals and the lyrics more direct, more themselves. It'll be their best record since Funeral.

If that actually is a joke about people that use fidget spinners I'm surprised they made it.
I feel like Arcade fire is the sort of band that would tread very carefully to make sure they don't offend anyone by being "ableist" or some shit.

shit taste

Have you seen the "Everything Now" twitter?

No, I've never used Twitter. did they actually make a twitter account specifically for the album? I'll have to check it out

Hi Fantano

They did. It's interesting.

You mean "Hi literally everyone with decent taste in music"

>people disagree with me so their taste must be shit
fucking lol

It's only going to keep getting worse

That's exactly right though.

The New AF and LCD Album are gonna be good.

sometimes it can be objective

Yep, long term Arcade fan and former r/indieheads man here, ever since they won a Grammy they've gone downhill, their all about money now and are too mainstream to be good, listen to Broken Social Scene, there not as popular but better since they're fanbase isn't as band

I'm afraid the music might get overshadowed by the concept. I love the things on marketing they do, the twitter accounts, the ties-in and links with companies, but i feel like musically it will be pretty much the same thing than reflektor but not as amazing as it

Creature Comfort is great tho

I fucking love BSS, one of the only bands I've seen live and what got me into more underground music.
I'm just terrified their new album won't be good. I haven't listened to the tracks they've released from it but man I hope it turns out great.

yeah reflektor was totally done for money, it's not like they did a demanding double album with complicated interpretations and hidden themes + you must be completely autistic not to understand the whole marketing thing around the new album is purely ironic

>Complicated interpretations
>Hidden themes
I like Reflektor quite a bit actually but come on now.

Nothing, the first two songs have been amazing and it will be album of the year.

*Listens to Zooropa once*

Right, because Reflektor was as mainstream and pop as they could get.

Fuck off. I didn't even like Reflektor, but you're an idiot if you think they did that for the money.

Not solely based on disagreement. That's inherently subjective.