Was the meteor a false flag attack?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY
youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

U mean like 9/11?

I think it's implied but you never find out

the meteor was an accident

It's implied because earth had a defensive platform setup all around the moon, the probability of the bugs calculating on firing a meteor to hit earth by that distance was so silly.

The military needed a cause to escalate the war and gain support. Dead Mormon outposts weren't cutting it anymore.

Even if the rock travelled at light speed, it still would have needed about ~70 000 years to arrive.

>It's just bug spores hurled out of bug asses, goys. Now die for the federation.

would you like to know more?

I thought it was the one ship captain bitches fault. Wasn't the meteor that they dodged the one that hit buenos Aires? Couldn't they have blasted it

BUENOS AIRES WAS AN INSIDE JOB

BUGS DINT DO NUFFIN

>Le conspiring hands

This. Bugs haven't been planning this shit for 70000 fucking years. OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEP!! WE'RE THE BAD GUYS!! But anyways I've some roaches in my garage, tried Shelltoxing, anyone have any ideas?

why did the government even want to take on the bug planet?

did they want to capture the bugs or something

Absolutely, I think it's pretty obvious given the bugs have shown no capability of being able to throw massive meteors at all, much less across entire galaxies at such a tiny target that also surely had defense systems in place for something like that.

Bugs did nothing wrong just defending the homeland

Bugs did plenty and need to be wiped out since they are straight up competition regarding survival for our species. The common man didn't see them as a direct threat do because the war wasn't on their doorstep.

The military needed something to fuel the emotions of people, no one gave a fuck how many colonies fell as long as earth were safe and sound.

The federation was colonizing planets in the arachnid quarantine zone.

Someone could have been under brain bug mind control causing an inside job. Remember the ambush when half the fleet ships got shot down? Remember the distress call on Planet P?

Klendathu is literally Iraq in 2003

Could be, the ambush was just navy being grossly negligent and underestimating bug artillery. Distress call could have been false but from what we the viewers saw the brain bug just sucked the brain out.

>the probability of the bugs calculating on firing a meteor to hit earth by that distance was so silly.
you are forgetting about 1 thing user

>competition to survive
>Earth and Klendathu are literally at the opposite edges of the galaxy

Bugs being able to impersonate a guy on Planet P and shooting shit in orbit don't imply they have the capacity to shoot something 70000 lightyears across the galaxy. Fuck, we can do those now and we -still- haven't even left the solar system.

Can't remember how well developed terraforming is in starship troopers, if there is none then every habitable planet is precious to our expansion. If not then i wonder why we pushed into their territory though them being insects means they can expand extremely rapidly compared to us.

At least people aren't being bleeding liberals about bug rights, leave that to ender's game wankers.

I meant someone within the federation under bug mind control could have caused an "inside job"

The Sky Marshall was brainwashed in SST3.

But the people high enough on the food chain to order such a thing are on earth. And if the bugs got to them, that alone would be justification enough. At the least it woulda been some really big news.

This shot and the discussion of Earth perimeter defenses makes it seem like they're trying to imply false-flag.

Nobody knew Sky Marshal Anoke was brain washed though.

What if we go to war with the bugs literally because we must? In the movie, even before the Buenos Aires attack everything seems to revolve around the war effort (industry, employement, citizenship and political representation as well as propaganda and the general human mindset). If everything in your way of life is oriented towards conflict and your civilization depends on it, you eventually need to go to war at every chance. Inside job or not the Buenos Aires opportunity was that chance, since we don't even know if there are other sentient species to go to war against in Starship Trooper's universe

Thats literally the dumbest shit I've ever read on this board. Probably even the internet.

And who the hell is that? Because as far as the movie is concerned the only way they can ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL is via stabbing the skull (which results in them dying), or at least that's the implication.

Checked btw.

Are you dumb or something? Ender was heartbroken that he was tricked into genociding the bugs in the pretended of training, and then finding out that they were a sentient species who awaited their death because they made the mistake of attacking the humans they didn't understand

After all the shit he'd been through before that as well his reactions were totally justified

thanks for your well argumented reply

THATISTHEPLOT.jpg

what said. the meteor took out comm tower on beunos Aires. and the rock as traveling too fast for defenses to catch it in time.

though i think the implications in this scene means that bug had infiltrated human society or something

in the book and the cartoon. there was an uneasy allience between the humans and the "skinnies".

ofc in the book they also had power armor. and each marine was given a set of 5 mini nukes each or something. jump jets too.

False flag or not, you obviously can't leave with arachnids.

I never read the book, is it like the movie or does it take itself seriously?

They should make a new one where Earth welcome poor arachnids refugees...

As far as the first movie is concerned yes. The second one has small bugs crawling into your mouth and controlling you.

Not really, US have a self sustained military industry that needs conflict. Eisenhower was warning people about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

>Thats literally the dumbest shit I've ever read on this board. Probably even the internet.

What was described is so stupid that it has never happened, right?

How did they land on Klendathu then?

as seriously as any book that pays homage to the early style flash gordon type serials. but with a military bent.

i think the book was really a vehicle for the author to channel his feeling of insecurity when it came to the military.

Heinlein was a hardcore right winger, die hard johnny get your gun, fight for the country do the right thing that was endemic of the world war 2 populace.
but he failed boot. which ended up influencing to write a lot of military space/sci-fi dramas.

Roger Young was a legit badass though
youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

What is military industrial complex
What is nazi germany
What is united states of america

War is good for capitalism you dipshit. Military industry creates jobs and so does the army, then rebuilding the world does too. Learn some fucking history

the bugs used wormholes and spaceship bugs dummy

Doesn't really matter honestly OP. Its never explicitly stated in the movie and verhoven hasn't said anything. So if it works for you there is plenty to support it in the movie. If not, then don't pay it any attention.

>Heinlein was a hardcore right winger, die hard johnny get your gun, fight for the country
Except when he wasn't. He was very socially progressive, and a staunch individualist and as many of his stories are about someone going against the grain and he almost never has anything kind to say about those who blindly follow orders without thinking for themselves.

I've read stranger in a strange land, and heard he hated the hippies that would camp out on his lawn after reading it.

the moon is a harsh mistress, the fifth column, and startship troopers were the others I read

he wasn't really a progressivist, but could extrapolate from current trends, and didn't slight humanity for being human. i.e. he wasn't a glen back , alt-right winger that embeds propaganda in every sentence he writes.

>Ender was heartbroken that he was tricked into genociding the bugs
What a wuss.

>and then finding out that they were a sentient species who awaited their death because they made the mistake of attacking the humans they didn't understand
>they didn't understand
Tough shit for them, shouldn't go and attack people that can shit out 11 year old boys that can genocide their entire species while thinking it's a game.

>After all the shit he'd been through before that as well his reactions were totally justified
Fuck off you disgusting bug sympathizer.

didn't it turn out that the "bug queen" was just using that story as a ruse, so she could survive long enough to rise against the humans again?

i haven't read the entire series but thats what I heard happened

oh I see thx

hire some Kurd militia to take care of them.

send in the 51st paratroopers

Asteroids don't use slip-space.

I've had the same thought recently

Me neither, I've just watched the movie.

Ender should've been court martialed and then executed by firing squad at the end desu senpai

this

No, the insects send the meteor to Earth, If you don`t think so, discuss it with your comissar.

>tfw you realize Buenos Aires was an inside job

There are plenty of asteroids near Earth, you have a whole belt of them beyond Mars.

There were no successful arachnid invasions before Obama

This map shows an inaccurate placement of the Sol system. Sol is midway through the Orion Spur. That image has us at the tip of the Sctutum-Centaurus Arm.

Yeah but there ain't any bugs on them

It doesn't matter how smart the brain bug is (which was also fake propaganda), space is huge and it's impossible they could've directed an asteroid from the other side of the galaxy that even passes through some magical naturally forming wormhole large enough for it that also manically aligns with earth perfectly. The whole film is supposed to be seen as a wartime propaganda flick made by the federation so everything you see in it is made to make you mad at the probably mindless bugs and want to join up, how do you fags not get this

In the book no
In the film yes

The whole film is supposed to be seen as an action-comedy flick, period.

For us yes, in its own universe it's seen as a propaganda flick, hence there being adverts in between, and one of the in world actors Neil Patrick Harris appearing in the ad to show how to kill a bug, if it was real a psionic officer had no place doing that but a famous actor does

Are you stupid? This movie is based on a script set in pre-WWII Nazi Germany. The twist is that the whole time these hopeful, young bright eyed kids are nazis. Being a fun action movie is secondary and only there to conceal the satire.

>he wasn't really a progressivist
Sure he was, plural marriages is almost a halmark of his. And he goes out of his way to state that things like homosexuality kind of creeped him out there was nothing wrong with it in and of itself. Then lets not even get into his later works like Friday or Time Enough For Love which are excuses to print sci fi themed penthouse letters.

Heinlein isn't the kind of author you can put in a box that easily.

Homeboy was also a practicing nudist.

>works of fiction can only have one layer of interpretation

Uh, yeah, in its own universe the propaganda sections are propaganda. Also I'm pretty sure in its own universe the water is wet.

The script was a mess and they got the rights over the book halfway.

I don't need to ask if you are stupid tho.

You are overanalyzing a acomdy-action film, dude. Trekkie tier lame.

Cmon guys, we all know Verhoeven hates satire

>yfw u realize meteor can't melt steel beams

>You are overanalyzing a acomdy-action film, dude. Trekkie tier lame.
Its not like verhoven is known for using multilayered satire or anything.

Ignore this bait

You need to be 18+ to use this website.
Get better b8 next time

But a speeding ball of rock and metal and other minerals can sure break'em tho.

But why did the clips of post devastated Buenos Aires look like a bomb strike rather than a meteor strike

Because a hurling ball of metal and rock and ice(that melts in the atmosphere) tends to do that. You do know how craters are given shape, right user?

>if you disagree with me you are baiting
Ok, typical high level discussion of Sup Forums.

My point is we never see a crater, and it's all part of the same propaganda film anyway, and the actors are American in the film not Argentinian so it's clearly not shot on location, therefore the only ones telling us that there was a meteor at all are the federation

Because you aren't debating or listening to reason you're just saying hurr durr it's a shit flick and anything you say is overanalysing

Do you know how deep impact meteors work? Did you notice the population of BA was made from blondes and other whites? I'm trying really hard not to be an asshole to you right now and you're not making it easy.

Point is there was a hit. If the Federation could have stopped it from hitting is another matter entirely.

>hurr durr it's a shit flick
Actually, one of my favorite action movies and a great film.

And yes, you fags are overanalyzing it, since nothing of what you fags are saying is implied nor hinted during the movie. Literally fan-fiction tier discussion.

>and the actors are American in the film not Argentinian so it's clearly not shot on location
>he thinks we'll ever become a space faring species before exterminating the majority of non-whites and putting the ones that don't get exterminated under strict eugenic programs

The population in the film which we already established is a propaganda film with actors hence them not being Argentinian, because it's a film in a film, I'm not saying there wasn't some impact but the federation shills say it was a meteor and encourage that belief with this propaganda film

I don't know how you don't see it, it's not even subtle it's screaming in your face it's so obvious that I can't understand why people still debate it

look man, I tried and tried, but you're just a fucking retard. I'm sorry for your parents.

Daily rminder that pic related is effectively the leader of Earth

This makes a real good double feature with Conan. Based Basil graced us with the best Wagnerian music since Wagner himself. AlthoughI find him to be better

>turboslut training ship hit by the meteor in the middle of their way across the galaxy
>they calculate the trajectory and it goes from klendathu to earth
>can't send a warning because the hit disabled their communications system
>"clearly a false flagging attack guys"
Are you retarded? Did you watched the same movie than us?

I've literally brought up points that back my argument, you guys just say "no you're wrong" with nothing to back you up and I'm the retard?

>The population in the film which we already established is a propaganda film with actors hence them not being Argentinian
Casper van Dien, Denise Richards, Michael Ironside, best titz girl and that dude are all white, come from white families and live in Buenos Aires. If you are incapable of understanding this I don't care, you don't get more (You)s from me because it literally means you're a massive Aspie retard. Fuck off.

>Did you notice the population of BA was made from blondes and other whites?
Argentina is white, you negro.

Ok now look at the film not as actually happening but as a propaganda film made by the federation, then the federation can show a meteor heading to earth that they wanted to stop but couldn't, if it's an in world propaganda movie the federation can show what they want, like a bunch of teens who join the military for selfish reasons but then decide to go career at the end

Is it though?

I get what you're saying, what I'm saying is its an in world film, they cast stupidly attractive white American teens in their in world film, because it's all fake

So your argument is that the entire film and not only the news segments in it is actually a propaganda film, is that right? Are you bonkers or just stupid?

This is below rebbit tier conspiratard faggotry. Fuck outta here.

Posting based animu film and the only worthy sequel.

U TELL ME HOW THE FUCK SOME BUGS ON A GODDAMMED ROCK ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GALAXY THREW A FUCKING METEOR DIRECTLY AT US

No the entire film is propaganda, the news segments are basically ad breaks in between while the federation civilian watches from home, that's why you get Neil Patrick Harris starring in one

So, your theory is that the film is a propaganda film in other universe? Well, at least I was right about you being "fanfic tier" retarded. What's next, Mad Max being a documentary in an alternate reality?

C'mon user, white people won't lie to you, right?