Texas Bathroom Legislation

This thread is currently discussing the constitutionality of the North Carolina HB2.

Texan Governor just recently announced he would sign a bill that bans transgender people from using ANY public bathroom.

Do you think that is unconstitutional?

Other urls found in this thread:

law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxiv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think its finally a step in the right direction. Transniggers need to be holocausted.

Doesn't that violate the constitution though?

Texas would probably do better without the rest of usa.

It should create a coalition with the southern states and have its own mini congress.

I don't think the Framers were thinking about traps.

They also weren't thinking about women voters, niggers, hispanics, or mudslimes either but they have rights.

>Do you think that is unconstitutional?
I think it will probably violate equal protection.

How is "transgender" defined under the law?

For example, you could probably ban child molesters from using public restrooms.

But this whole shitshow is just throwing red meat to the base. It the right wing equivalent of NY's ban all guns bills that get knocked down in the courts.

I would think an anti lawsuit bill protecting businesses from not respecting people's pronouns or preferred restrooms would be more effective and legal.

As much as I despise the left and their push on anything that destroys judeo-christian values you cannot tell freaks they can't use the bathroom.

Those were all mistakes.

they can use their own sexes bathroom

kek

They shouldn't be allowed to go into either men's or women's restrooms for the safety of children.

Holy shit please let this be true.

Source?

Also if it's true you will Texas shoot the them when they shit outside the restrooms in protest?

Sec, let me see if I can find the article.

>Texas shoot the them
No I'll just regular shoot the them, thanks.

They still have their rights. The problem is that they don't want just their rights, they want special treatment, recognition, and concessions to be made for their condition.

Based Texas
BRITPOSTING

Love you Texas. Big fan.

Think so?

>Do you think that is unconstitutional?

Of course it's not unconstitutional. Not even the Federal Government is making that argument.

Their (completely ludicrous and untenable) argument is that the N.C. law violates the Civil Rights Act provisions that prohibit discrimination based on sex.

This is laughable because sex is not a synonym for gender identity, and also because the Civil Rights Act explicitly says that having separate facilities for males and females is not considered to be sex discrimination.

I wanna see how far this goes.

Texas is usually based.

Edge

Look, this problem is easily solved. Make all BATHROOMS unisex and remove urinals. Make every stall walled floor to ceiling. Pretty much the only time you are doing anything disgusting in a bathroom, you are in a stall anyways. Lets face it as well, if you cant be civil with someone when waiting for a sink, you have other problems. Nobody has their genitals out at the hand dryer either.

The core issue here is that there is no delineation between bathrooms and locker rooms. In locker rooms, people expose themselves. Its literally the purpose of the room. You cant a woman that she has to expose herself in front of a man just because he insists he is a woman. Keeping trans people out of locker rooms is of 100% paramount importance

You can give them equal protection under the law and make every facility unisex and private for each individual user but you cannot force me to concede that their delusion is reality

Houston voted against tranny bathroom bullshit last year. Once Texas laws down the law with trannies the rest of the country will follow. I swear on these doubs

Universal suffrage was objectively a mistake.

Good luck. Federal gov't wont let that happen. It's unconstitutional.

If we can just destroy Austin, Texas will be the best state in the union.
Then we can be the best county in the world.

No way that's a bloke in op?

Well secede before we let mentally ill freaks into the ladies room

Forcing businesses to discriminate would is arguably unconstitutional yea. Simply allowing them to wouldn't be but the Civil Rights Act had to go and fuck with the property rights of business owners.

But you already have been for 30 years, lol!

I saw a thread about this earlier and there were 2 trannys from texas talking about their previous experience.

Extremely high energy

?? You have been

No, I for one like urinals as long as they are properly equipped with dividers.

says the keyboard warrior. so brave and empowered you are! sort of like a tumblrina

fuck their special treatment or whatever. if you got a dick use the dick room if you got a pussy use the pussy room

never heard of a dick room or a pussy room but okay

No ,but I think it's a fucking waste of time.

Pointless posturing is retarded. The state legislature is out of session. And he should be supporting a bill that allows private property owners to trespass anyone using the wrong bathroom if they want

Gender is a difficult thing to use as criteria. It is feels-based and government should get the fuck out of the way.

Sex is less touchy-feely. It is objective and goes on your driver's license or government ID.

Private companies should be able to use sex as a criteria for bathroom use.

the 14th amendment and the commerce clause don't allow it. sorry!

the 14th amendment and the commerce clause don't allow it. sorry!

Goddamn im moving to texas boys

it's unconstitutional to not tell me what brand those lovely boots are

>Doesn't that violate the constitution though?

The constitution only applies to actual PEOPLE.

How does a public bathroom ban violate equal protection? I didn't know bathroom usage was a right.

Yes you can.

Keep your mental illness away from my kids. If they need to go out they can wear Depends. They don't need to be in public restrooms making normal people uncomfortable as they go about their day.

that's a good one if you like drudge report, but people with an IQ over 85 will find it neither witty nor original.

pathetic!

it is a right when a private organization (target, stadiums, etc.) has them available to the rest of the public.

It does not specifically mention the mentally unstable and dangerous.

Based Texas one of the few places in America not riddled with degeneracy
But then there's Austin...

>implying that allowing bathroom unisex wouldn't lead to locker room unisex

>Texas

>remove urinals
Stopped right there. Go fuck yourself cunt.

you are looking at the wrong clause in the amendment. focus on the equal protection clause and try to rationalize your way out of it.

It's gotten so bad it's been unofficially stripped of it's name, please refer to it as San Fran Jr.

Refugees are even starting to turn up down here

I probably like this but don't care too much and know this just mobilizes democrats to vote. Its like us when they try to do gun laws.

>muh 14th Amendment

law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxiv

>Amendment XIV

>Section 1.

>All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Choosing between the male and female bathroom was and will never a privilege or liberty.

You use the bathroom that matches your sex, simple as that.

As for the commerce clause, that only applies to the regulation of trade, nothing is mentioned about turboedgelords who like to mutilate their genitalia to be pleased.

>mfw I live in Texas

how the fuck does it violate the constitution in any way shape or form

you are looking at the wrong clause in the amendment. focus on the equal protection clause and try to rationalize your way out of it.

the commerce clause applies because it is used to regulate trade, including who you can and cannot serve as well as the standards of service. target, walmart, athletic stadiums, etc. are all part of trade/commerce. in fact the civil rights act was upheld as constitutional based on the commerce clause.

>Bathroom usage affects interstate commerce

O i am laffin. I want to see the Obongo admin make an argument that trannies shitting in a men's bathroom hurts commerce

I didn't know there was a right enumerated that granted men and women separate bathrooms in the first place.

the 14th amendment.

>sitting in a hotel affects interstate commerce.
this is how the civil rights act was upheld.

o i am laffin.

All bathrooms?
Does this apply to traps as well?
What will i do if i wanna take a piss after a movie theater? Where tf do I go?

how will you enforce this?
all the passable trannies will just keep using the female toilets
maybe some uggos will be forced to use the male toilets?

are you going to require ID at every toilet?
repost from other thread

in addition, it doesn't need to "hurt" commerce. it just needs to be a part of commerce. all those stores that are "triggered" by transgender people pooping in their bathrooms are part of commerce.

How can I live in Texas senpai?

I'm in California but I moved here from Virginia. Been shooting since I was 10, never liked blacks, and even know how to use a katana.

dare I ask why it's not up to the property owner who uses their bathrooms?

americans confuse and scare me

>No one has their genitals out at a hand dryer

Nigger you don't even KNOW real pod-racing.

why would you want to ban pic related from using a bathroom?

Fucks sake texas, get it together. Transgender people are still people. Fucking bigots.

nah if you live in cali you fucked up then and you are no longer welcome to texas. we got enough cali fags as it is

>Mayor Anise Parker's legacy is shot down
>tfw Houston became a bit more tolerable
Now to cut traffic in half and destroy the ghettos.

Howdy, my name is Colt McCoy.

I’m a 27 year old American cowboy (cattle wrongler for you city folks). I lasso pigs and cows on my thoroughbred, and spend my days perfecting my six shooters and playing superior texan games. (wall building, open carry, tobacco chewing series)

I train with my colt .45 every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through heads because it is forged over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my conceal carry license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak spanish fluently, both mexican and the guatemalen dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about texan history and their remember the alamo code, which I follow 100%

When I get my texas visa, I am moving to Dallas to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a rancher for george bush or a gunsmith!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan!

Who else here is team: "I don't give a fuck until I see most people publicly opposing this are women"?
They are the only ones negatively affected by this yet men are the ones taking the heat for opposing it.
Fuck them.

Its not illegal for men to go into womens bathrooms. I use womens bathrooms all the time when the mens is full. No one tells me shit

they're smart, what this is gonna do it basically make it so trans people cant complain. its not like you can tell who's trans and who's not, this just makes it so they go into whichever bathroom their body looks like

implying thats not what their tryin to do in the first place. they just want the people to shut up and go to the bathroom that fits them

>trapped

Based Texas

DEATH TO ALL TRANSNIGGER FREAKS OF NATURE.

>never liked blacks
what the fuck does that have to do with texas

The equal protection clause is that last part of Section 1, which I posted.

The commerce clause only applies to trade between states and nations.
It doesn't apply to stores selling to their customers, otherwise the stores would be a right and be paid by taxes.
On top of that, these are BATHROOM LAWS, not shopping laws. Using the bathroom is a convenience given by the store, and shall be regulated appropriately.

Based Texas does it again