Guitarist = plumber

Guitarist = plumber
Pianist = doctor

The guitarist thinks he's all that and a bag of chips because he spent 2 years learning guitar and found himself useful very quickly while mr piano player spent 4 years on his biology degree that was completely useless and he still couldnt get a gig anywhere!
As time goes on the pianist spends 4 more years learning more musical theory and graduates and becomes one of the most useful and irreplaceable musicians ever
The guitar player spends the rest of his life making an average living while the pianist kicks back with no one else but the best musicians as no one can replace his proud skills on the piano/organ/synthesizer

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-352737786/majetic
youtube.com/watch?v=8c6m3GQdJN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

guitarist here

can confirm

people think guitar playing is magical because when laymen try to play they can't fret a note or they give up after a couple of weeks because they can't play an F chord but it's actually easy af if you stick at it whereas you can stay shit at piano for years if you don't apply your noggin as you learn

Pianist here. That dude looks smug as fuck senpai baka, but no hate toward guitarists. They can be great musicians too.

t. assmad fucking table player

>tfw 18
>think I'm already too late to learn piano
>read about Ryo Fukui and how he started to play in his 20s

>being this much of a pleb
>he runs his hand along a long piece of hard wood
>it literally looks like he is jerking off as he plays

Guitar confirmed for the most homo erotica instrument.

>ywn hear Oscar Peterson do an acid jam
also you can't really apply piano skills to a synthesizer and be a good player. at best you can utilize a synth as a superficial aesthetic.

OP = Faggot

>you cant really apply your piano skills to a synthesizer and be a good player

False

Is that Clarence Thomas?

>he's such a faggot he imagines dicks out of everything he sees

t. But mad wood grabber

>he's such a faggot he can't appreciate a good cock in a totally heterosexual way

The Piano player is more like the Architect and the Guitar player the Carpenter.

To late to learn to play is a meme unless you want to play professionally in an orchestra or something. The only thing you lose out on is having way more time to practice as a kid/teenager and possibly some learning opportunities.

Piano doesn't get you girls thought
t. shitty pianist

I just went to his wikipedia page and read that he died last year.damn

Whatever Thomas keep grabbing your wood furiously as you stare into the eyes of your band "mates".

Us adults are going to compose using our superior knowledge of harmony and rhythm.

But what if I want?
I am 20 and learned piano when I was like 10 but I didn't put any effort into it but for the last 2 years I am practicing seriously

*hands you controller*
should be easy with all that piano practice haha.

Only if that dick belongs to a girl

You do realize 'piano skills' literally do not end with the piano right? You do realize that to truly master piano you have to understand principals of harmony and rhythm which are universal across all instruments and music, don't you? M8 if you are a good piano player you understand theory, and thus understand how theory applies to all instrumen's even if you can't play them mechanically. It isn't called the composers instrument for nothing. All it takes is mastering the mechanics and any seasoned pianist would be able to operate that at a level far beyond most people.

This is all true of the guitar and makes this shitposting thread moot

If I had a dollar for every guitarist who did not even know how to read music I'd be a very rich man.

I could say the same for the "pianists" I've met that can't read music. Just like you said, a master at the guitar should understand the principals of harmony and rhythm

Somebody who plays with a midi controller is not a pianist. It is comic how many people LARP as musicians. I play Bach on the piano and I have had DJ's approach me and tell me they can give me tips if I'm interested. Fuck this gay earth. I agree BTW, I like guitarists when they are actual guitarists and not Larping

kek I've yet to get tips from someone from someone that just knows a couple chord progressions and strumming patterns. The "LARPing" piano players make me weep though

soundcloud.com/user-352737786/majetic

Instruments don't get you girls if you can't sing
t. decent pianist / guitarist

instruments don't get you girls in general

only literal untermenches do it for girls, i play french horn and trumpet in a brass section and i crush puss regardless

I agree and would expand on OP's insighful post

Kazookeylele = God
Organ player = Scientist who found a cure for all cancers
Piano player = Doctor
Accordion player = proctologist
Piano player with severed fingers = undergrad
Clavinet player = gynecologist
Guitarist = Plumber
Ukulele = Plumber with down syndrome
Anything MIDI = literal ape playing with its urine
Melodica = literal ape playing with its feces

lmao virgin

Instruments are tools, not identities. Graduate high school and get a job kiddo.

This is exactly what I meant in the original post. You aren't playing synth in a meaningful way if you're stuck in the tired old 12 tone ET mindset.

I play both and piano is more challenging than guitar, but guitar can still be pretty rewarding if you get good at it

but user, music is my life

but OP people want to play guitar
nobody actually wants to be a plumber

>dude the only way it can be meaningful is if you are ignorant of theory

You're a retard.

But user, as I understand it, you can make decent money as a plumber and easily be self employed

i play guitar and piano what does that make me

a faggot with a doctorate in plumbing

It's already been said in this thread pretty much but that's just because you can't bullshit and pretend you know piano as easily as guitar, there's no culture surrounding the piano that says "no reason to learn how to read music or study music theory, just play what you FEEL and it will magically be good! this is how you play three chords you're a musician now, btw have you heard of tabs?"

well neither of those apply to guitar
looks like OP is an idiot

oh

I feel like there's some truth in that way of thinking but it doesn't apply to most people, like if you're incredibly creative or some savant prodigy that was never realized you can make very impressive art with almost no understanding of music theory going in (bands like Captain Beefheart, Red Krayola, Royal Trux) but most of the time it's just going to be garbage because most people need to study something to be good at it

People get this idea because once in a while people who don't know music theory will get lucky by just throwing things together in a way someone who knew theory wouldn't but in most cases the way you get great music is by taking hundreds of years of musical tradition and building off of it, not throwing it all out and starting from scratch

jej

yeah well at least a guitarist gets to lay some pipe down
IF YOU KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING

lay some pipe down is a weird way of saying changing guitar strings

Most people who don't know theory are still making the same garbage that's been done to death. The rejection of 12 tone ET shit isn't ignorance of theory, but an acknowledgement that the synthesizer is capable of more than that.

Is this a reference to the plumber in the OP?

Keytar = Ascended 4th Dimensional Savant
youtube.com/watch?v=8c6m3GQdJN0

I started playing guitar and did so for 7 years before I started playing piano and it helped tremendously

Of course my teacher taught me classical in terms of technique and I learned more than 90% of guitar plebs do when it came to music theory

too bad you'll always write mediocre music no matter how much theory you learn

>"musicians"
>"musicians" on Sup Forums (lmao)
>posting in this thread is best thing they had to do on a Friday night

This is the best thing they'll have to next Friday night too.