PT:

PT:
>originality
>daring concepts (like jar jar) that only an auteur could approve, rather than major studio
>memorable quotes
>enhanced world building
>remarkable villains
>epic lightsabre fights
>orchestral score
>pottery
>Homeric plot about the fall of a corrupt republic
>memeworthy

The Force Awakens
>kikebrams genericism
>remake of a new hope
>rehashes deathstar plot for the THIRD time
>Mary Sue lead
>forgettable villains
>adds nothing to mythology
>no memorable lines
>not memeworthy

Have you apologised yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oMVrMP8us6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I'm 17 and it's hilariohs to rip on things that are popular and defend things that were horrible

+ TFA nullified the character development that the original trio went through in the OT. They are basically where they started: Luke alone on a remote planet, Han a smuggler, Leia a rebel.
They had become a family in ROTJ and here they seem to have no connection to each other. The Han+Leia reunion with Threepio shoved in was especially cringy

>+ TFA nullified the character development that the original trio went through in the OT. They are basically where they started: Luke alone on a remote planet, Han a smuggler, Leia a rebel.

whats wrong with that exactly? a lot happened in those years. people grow apart, that's how life works.

>Darth Icky

>forgettable villains

Why are modern Disney villains so shitty?
The main villain in TFA is a wimp and there isn't really anybody else we can see as a real threat for the good guys.
Same thing with Rebels, all the new villains are either incompetent or just really weak. They had to steal from the old EU and bring back fucking Thrawn because they could come up with a good villain on their own.

And look at the MCU, the bad guys all get beaten at the end of the movie, there's no real lasting threat. The only exceptions being Loki (who is more of a comic relief and eye candy for the tumblr crowd than anything else) and Fig Face who hasn't done shit in like 12 movies.

>kikebrams genericism
TFA was darker than episode 3
>remake of a new hope
It was a better version of a new hope
>rehashes deathstar plot for the THIRD time
Wrong, Episode I rehashed the Death Star plot for the third time. Did you even watch the Phantom Menace?
>Mary Sue lead
So was luke, so was Anakin. Also, Rey wasn't the only lead (something Lucass would never be able to pull off)
>forgettable villains
Kylo ren is way scarier than any other Cillian because of his presence and unpredictability
>adds nothing to mythology
Kanji Klob, Rathtars, Snoke, Maz's history with Luke
>no memorable lines
Abrams doesn't have to tell stories through dialogue like a child, but there are a few good lines.
>not memeworthy
Oh, you're an autist.

The prequel movies are awful. Please stop posting about them.

>that image

my sides

>The Force Awakens is darker and betterer than the other films

That it felt forced. Remember, it's a rehash of ANH, and the characters had no other reason to be back at square one.
It happens in life that you find yourself in a similar situation as you have before but YOU won't be the same in that similar situation.
The characters were just bland and lifeless.

Reminder that if Lucas didn't sell SW to Disney we would have gotten this instead
youtube.com/watch?v=oMVrMP8us6Q

oh i see what you're saying. yes it did feel a bit forced I'll agree with you. I didn't think they felt the same as they were before, however. I wasn't totally convinced that Leia was a mother who had lost her son (and then her partner at the end), but she's never been a particularly good actress. Rey seemed more upset about it than Leia and she'd know Han for what, a week?

Pure photoshop kino

>I want to argue but in reality I have nothing to say

>better version of a new hope
This is ridiculous
> ep 1 Death Star plot was the 3rd
You're right, that makes TFA all the worse. 4th death star, bravo jj
>Lucas would never be able to pull off more than one lead
Han & Leia. Did you forget to watch the actual OT?
Also Luke wasn't instantly good at everything, he needed Obi-Wan's guidance to shoot the death star and he couldn't have done that without the rebels and han backing him.
Anakin's space jesus story line was bad, I'll give you that
>kylo ren
>scary
I'm sorry you got scared, no one else did
>Kanji Klob, Rathtars, Snoke, Maz's history with Luke are part of SW mythology
The problem is, the whole film didn't feel like Star Wars, it lacked the magic and worldbuilding that even the prequels had. There was no mythology in TFA, only forced action.

Reminder that Lucas literally had plans to make the sequel trilogy himself but abandoned them because internet criticism and hate drove him into depression.

Yeah that bothered me too.
Rey was upset about it the most because she's so caring, understanding, good at heart, kind, perfect, and that's more important than Leia's experience of betrayal

I have two big problems with TFA
first, as user here previously mentioned, original cast not even goes nowhere in terms of character development but moves backwards

that's borderline insulting, at least they could have give us Luke as a head of new jedi order meditating with his students on some planet, Han kicking ass and taking names - but this time as a Grand Admiral of the Republic and Leia as chancellor somewhere in the middle meddling in both force and space politics

the second thing is more important tho: it all felt like watching a lets play with some guy grinding to get "You can not kill what has no life" achievement - that requires you to beat a game 20 times with the same character at every level that in turn unlocks secret ending in which our protagonist wins instead of being almost beaten and then miraculously saved by a splitting planet

that's why our heroe can only be beaten by the enemies thanks to the power of the cutscene

that pic

i just chalk it up to Carrie Fisher being a bad actress

I didn't understand the second thing at all so can you rephrase?

Not even good actors can act 100% awesome if the directing is bad so she had a difficult job

>Homeric plot about the fall of a corrupt republic
What was homoerotic about it?

I'm really hoping that Lucas is making a 7-9 trilogy in secret then having it torrented when he dies to troll Disney. And telling John Williams to save his good music themes for his movies while giving Disney the tablescrap doodlings.

>i just chalk it up to Carrie Fisher being a bad actress
The problem is she's trying to hold her dentures in place and its impeding her performance.

My sides are in orbit because of that image

You need new material, Brian Posehn.

might be the best post i have seen here about tfa bravo lad

but there are solid performances throughout TFA and other stuff directed by Abrahms. you don't have to be a JJ dick rider to see that.

Reminder

Episode 2 is the best star wars movie of all time.

I think he was saying Rey is like a video game character who knows exactly how to beat the game and the patterns of every enemy

Prequels are pure KINO, TFA is a cash-grab rehash, we already know OP.

Jews are like the epitome of uncreative.

>TFA was darker than episode 3
If you mean in cinematography, sure. But that's only because JJ loves his dark filters.

>It was a better version of a new hope
It was a "modern" version (I.E: We want to bank on nostalgia so let's just remake the first film). If I wanted to watch ANH, I'd watch ANH.

>Wrong, Episode I rehashed the Death Star plot for the third time. Did you even watch the Phantom Menace?
When did TPM have a planet-destroying base that destroyed a planet and that our hero(es) intercepted and escaped with a high-ranking member of a resistance group?

>So was luke, so was Anakin.
Luke went from a naive farm kid to a badass Jedi knight over the span of 3 films. In Empire he left Yoda early (despite his warnings) to save his friends and as a result got his ass kicked. Only in Jedi was he finally a skilled Jedi knight, and even then he just barely stopped himself from turning to the dark side.

As for Anakin, I don't understand what you're on about. He's shown to be arrogant numerous times throughout the prequels and lets his emotions get the better of him most of the time, which play a big role in his downfall and eventual redemption.

Both these characters had flaws, Rey has none. I also love how you automatically agree that she's a Mary Sue.

>Also, Rey wasn't the only lead (something Lucass would never be able to pull off)
Too bad the other leads were wasted potential.

>Kylo ren is way scarier than any other Cillian because of his presence and unpredictability
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, but that whiny Darth Vader wannabe was not threatening whatsoever.

>Kanji Klob, Rathtars, Snoke, Maz's history with Luke
All of which are never expanded upon and will no doubt never be brought up again (Except for Snoke and maybe Maz, but even they exist solely to say "watch the sequels to get the full story", which was never what Star Wars was about).

>Abrams doesn't have to tell stories through dialogue like a child, but there are a few good lines.
Name 10.