The get down

I just watched all of it yesterday. Great show, good music, chick is hot as fuck. Does Sup Forums not like it?

Marathoned half the first episode, didn't really grab me. Main chick with the huge tits is nice but the rest.... eh, don't really care about teens, especially when one of them is Jaden Smith. God he's fucking horrible.

Not really into blacks or Hispanics. Sorry.

no thanks

It gets really good when shaolin starts learning to dj. Yes Jaden is horrible, he does become passable as the story progresses, plus he is not in it as much as the other kids.

The show is decent enough but some of the editing and direction is downright bizarre and distracting.

The first episode was unintentionally funny in a lot of places, especially the yelling about the record, which reminded me a lot of that letter scene in Miami Connection.

Overall I'm glad I stuck with it, Jackie Moreno and Papa Fuerte were great, the guy playing Ed Kock was really good too.

Also, Jaden Smith is fucking abysmal.

The show is a typical Baz coked up gay nightmare, with rapidfire editing for no reason and over the top performances, but I met my waifu through it so I can't complain

black people scare me so not gonna watch

Does it maintain its heavily stylized trappings, the "cool" editing and that stuff? It kinda threw me off too tbqh.

Nevermind, it *is* Baz Luhrmann after all, why wouldn't it?

I"d have to re watch the 1st eps to see what cool editing you are talking about. It must have gradually wore off, because nothing comes to mind. Unless you are talking about the kung-fu motif, that stays throughout.

The editing improves dramatically past the 3rd episode mark. Luhrmann only directed the first episode.

Herizen is my waifu.

Sup Forums doesn't care about black people

A shame, they're missing out on a great show. One of the best characters isn't even black.

Jaden Smith is actually one of the highlights of the show. His odd real life demeanor works with the setting and his character.

His acting is atrocious, it was a wonder stroke of nepotistic casting to position him as an acid tripping faggot because it fits the bill perfectly.

I actually like Jaden but I hope his character contracts aids or ODs quickly because he really is a bore with an arc straying too far left in a romp that's already full to the brim with theatrical campiness.

I figured the story would eventually wander into the ballroom scene but I hope it doesn't stay there. Voguing and crossdressing has nothing to do with hip hop or graffiti. I feel like the creators are wasting screen time on that scene to satisfy their own interests instead of staying true to what the show bills itself as; a hip hop & disco drama.

That said, I have to commend the makers for weaving a tapestry that weaves hip hop, graffiti disco, DJing and the LGBT community. Dizzee still feels like the weakest link in the chain though, in terms of his reasons for being there.

I'm sure he'd be great if he could deliver even one line of dialogue convincingly.

Seriously, does he even want to be there or is he simply brain damaged?

>Baz "Dubstep in the Great Gatsby" Luhrmann

It's not even about black people, it's about this for me. Not falling for Baz again, no matter what Sup Forums says

His influence fades after the first episode, but yeah, if you hate his stuff don't bother.

Does it have niggers on it?