>Uses a Capo
>Greatest guitarist of the generation.

you must be joking, she is literally fucking trash

youtube.com/watch?v=11JiKTyMm7M

>dude you just dont get it
>its supposed to sound like that
>muh arty jazz rock!!!

literally 'pseudo interesting' shit

Does she literally think she's new Jimmy Page?

this white bitch need to understand that music follow certain rules. you just can't make up your own rules to music

youtube.com/watch?v=c5QquYVdfd8

youtube.com/watch?v=yP_gJw-8qq0

youtube.com/watch?v=B0dbUZvV9yQ

Ïs this what the proghaters refer to as 'wank'? because i feel like it is

The suggestions so far make it painfully clear that no one ITT is any good at guitar at all.

I thought the thumbnail was Billy Joe Armstrong and that this was a troll thread. After opening the image I'm not sure it isn't him but I'm positive it's a troll thread.

Who counts as current generation? Like, do you want millenial guitarists?

this is actually pretty good

i just can't see her anymore without imagining her and cara eating each other out

No.

Just no. Pop music plus the occasional fuzzy solo doesnt equal guitarist of rhe generation. If you're going to go off female guitarists, atleast discuss whatsername from Screaming Females, that lady can shred.

even yoko ono would thing that was a pretentious preform jfc

who is that?

Spencer Seim

he look like he got divorced and lets his 13 year old son do whatever he wants

Being as the other half of his band has fucked off and just does Death Grips shit now, that's fairly accurate

I can appreciate that she is trying to do something "different". However, I can't listen to more than 2 minutes of this without getting a headache.

most of this is just good melodies played through distortion with some theatrical moments

this is so pointless its just sections yanked out of songs obviously it sounds like noodling without context

what's the name of that design?

i miss spencer

It's a Scott French SF0SS. It was made for Spencer specifically, I believe.

Just by this opinion I know you don't play any instrument. This board is full of plebs.

Would he count as this generation? He's been playing since 87'

This, I need a scope here so I can accurately post examples.

objectively

Glad somebody else gets it.

>people are still upset about St. Vincent
Every time. Can't wait till the new album drops.

sweet guitar

Me

this nigga

This is pretty fucking fun, I don't know what you're all whining about

I'm not even sure what this video is supposed to be trying to tell people. Does the uploader think she's playing bad or does he not like how much distortion she's using? This video is basically just the performance with all the vocals removed. Notice it's only 14 minutes while the performance was 45+ minutes.

fuuuuuck, wednsday is gonna be lit
i miss hella, dg are good but notm is the only thing nearly as good as hella

the expert-O

How is this a bad thing

lmfao hahahahahhahahahaha

>that waddle like a penguin

ART, BRO!

Cringe. All the normies in the audience look baffled. They were expecting le quirky "so different" pop singer to do her boring hits but instead they got a lifetime supply of awful guitar wankery. All of my keks.

>St. Vincent
>hits

I love how unaware of how good the example you presented was at completely nullifying your point.

I had never heard of St Vincent thanks for that.

yes

lol fuck off

What's his best project?

Her uncle is a million times better

youtube.com/watch?v=NtljYur4_T8

lol but not cute so no one knows

If you want pure, unadulterated Nick with a side of quality percussion then Swollen Brain.

Jonny obviously

What? Is Flight of The Conchords solely run by Murray now?

Kek, It's actually Murray and Germain's side project.

she's cute wtf

Just hung out with noam a few weeks ago. Kinda quiet. Super badass banjo though.

youtu.be/IamPRzl-R_I

As in
Stood awkwardly next to him while thile told a story.

I like her music but she seems too autistic for me to enjoy live

>female
>good guitarist
Pick one.
>doesn't use a capo
Does that make things too complicated for you junior?

She is so unbelievably attractive. Only thing that could bump that even more would be her being a bass player.

You must find your local crackwhore attractive as hell.

This but unironically.

why do people grow disgusting beards like that

beards are so fucking itchy

No?
Shaving every day is itchy, not having a beard.

Some of those live TCV performances are pure gold, he really peaked during that era.

Best vocals, best lyrics.

ITT people with no facial hair

Shaving everyday isn't itchy, having a beard isn't itchy, it's the 4-5 days it takes to grow out that's itchy.

Haha Mac looks like hes boutta piss his pants

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT NATHAN FIELDER ON GUITAR?

Should also note, that guy from Chon and the frontman (Dylan) from Tiny Moving Parts

definitely up there, didn't he win best guitarist of the year like two years running 98 and 99 or some shit? desu though don't know what's counting as this generation cuz nearly 20 years ago seems abit far off

youtube.com/watch?v=tOmKGjy-Ct0

I thought this was Jonny Greenwood for a sec so I was about to type yes

Literally the only good guitar player in this thread. Its also sad because apparently the only talented guitarist of this generation is a wanker.

incredibly overrated, some of his fingerpicking is fucking impossible to play cleanly

damn phone autocorrect, underrated*

>the drummer wears earmuffs so he can't hear the girls playing

Is that the guy from grizzly bear?

I think there's a real criticism in that using a capo makes a guitar "easier" in that chord progressions are even easier to come up with

lol it sounds like a kazoo

really makes you think...

i like grimes but fuck her sense of style is atrocious

>96 replies
>no mention of the malk

wtf thats shit
when I'm bored I record myself, add a lot of effect shit on audacity and sounds like that.

>2014: "I still remember going to the CD World and buying The Sensual World when I was sixteen. And the cover, there’s a rose in front of her mouth that has bloomed, she’s got big wide eyes. And I remember, you know, putting it in the shitty car stereo on the way home, and you know, my life was forever changed.”

youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLwt8mhZs

46:47

>2007: "And I also— this may sound really silly— but I just discovered Kate Bush, probably six months ago, and I think she’s so great. I know I’m very late to the party here [laughs], I know this is old news, but I got a Kate Bush record, and I forget— I think “The Dreaming” is on it, though I’m spacing on the name of the record.”

archive.is/iKqsq