How was he as a player?

How was he as a player?

I never seem to hear about him when the English talk about their greats

hes your typical tottenham striker.

Up there with our best ever goalscorers, actually scored in meaningful competition

>typical tottenham striker

they don't usually play for Barca though..

Actually did well for England in major tournaments. Which is more than can be said for most other English forwards.

His Twitter account is pure cancer

>the English striker that played in the un-English way
>actually was successfull

really makes you think

Shit on the pitch. Shit off it

He shit himself during a match once.

decent footballer. better tv presenter

han shot first

Probably a top five English striker

But he's such a popular television personality that his football legacy has almost been forgotten, also he's quite self-deprecating whenever he talks about his footballing career

This. Along with Shearer and Geoff Hurst.

>Probably a top five English striker

Who do you rate higher? Shearer, Owen in his prime?

Rooney, Kevin Keegan, Ian Wright, Jimmy Greaves... I wouldn't put Linekar in the top 10 personally.

His smarmy twitter cunt behaviour has diminished his rep. He's one of our best poachers ever

>1 in 2 strike rate at club level
>48 goals in 80 games for the NT
>10 goals in 10 WC apps
>1x WC golden boot and WC all-star team
>1x Ballon d'Or runner-up

Shame he never won any major trophies, but he's definitely one of the best strikers of his era and would be up front with Shearer in a post-1970s best England XI.

>Ian Wright

Did he even score for England?

Kek

Course he did m8. His peak came around the time Graham Taylor was manager though and the failure to qualify for USA 94. I think he had injuries after that plus Sheringham and Shearer kept him out the first 11.

As a player world class poacher, the quintessential goal hanger always there when you need him but outside of football a bbc whore and king of the cucks