Hey Sup Forums, I'm 21 turning 22 and for some reason I'm having a crisis...

Hey Sup Forums, I'm 21 turning 22 and for some reason I'm having a crisis. For some god awful reason I keep WANTING to revisit the past, my dreams are nothing short but memories I had on MSN Messenger and MMOs, not worrying about shit, having internet girlfriends and all that shit. Why do I feel this way Sup Forums?

I'm 19 and I got pretty much the same problem

we need a cure

Have you ever played emily is away?

because MSN made life BETTER! that's why.

I'm 23. I caught the tail end of MySpace and msn messenger but enjoyed playing wow from vanilla on. Really sad that the future is shitty cell phone games and Facebook. :(

I'm 16, what did I miss?

It seems like it's just standalone versions of messengers, yes I understand nostalgia, but still, I'm genuinely curious why it was better?

As a species we idolize the past and make it seem better than it was. Right now I have more freedom. I can go pretty much where I want and spend money on nice things I like. Couldn't do that as a kid so freely. I also can smoke tons of weed and have mad anal sex with hot womenz

You're not alone OP.

it wasn't just the software, it was the culture surrounding it, and other, REAL, social networks where people actually met, and became friends irl. People used it, everybody more or less, you were never alone, there was always someone to "talk" to.

>16
:-)

I'm 23 going on 24 and I keep having nostalgia about the days watching Cartoon Network at night, it was my escape from my shit childhood.

Were you on any meds while you played all those games or got on any shortly after for a few years then recently changed something?

I got vivid dreams and random memories from high school all the time when I got off heavy drugs for a few months. Never took them in highschool, but a few years after. I mean 10 years after hs I was getting dreams like it was yesterday

I know you aren't going to refrain from visiting, but please stop posting until you are at least 18.

Same situation, the worst part is the friends changed too. It was funny doing all day shit with others and every day party, now they are just living for their girlfriends like slaves.

Basically Thats all it was but it was nice not having news feeds and likes and all that instagram shit. It was simpler. I don't think anyone born after 99 would ever have used any of them though.

It's normal to look back. I've got twenty years on you and I do it all the time. Just understand that you can't go back: that you are a different person now, and that it is actually a good thing. The things that make you different now represent growth and change. The process isn't always pleasant, but if you resist changing, then something much more unpleasant happens.

I miss MSN as well, I'm a britbong who was in early years of high school when MSN was big, it was a pretty major thing in UK schools, all the slags would give out their 'addys' and then strip on webcam. It sounds shit now, but when you're younger its obviously pretty good, sad those days are over

Oh people actually met? Huh, I guess we're just nowadays constantly warned that everyone could be a pedophile...

Yeah I always feel like I don't even have people to talk to, just alone here, doing nothing much but watching YouTube all day...

My life is pretty sad as of yet.

Found the 17 yr old

Actually 23 lmao. What made u think I was 17.

yes. i know several people who used msn and local precursors (?) to facebook to hook up. i met my ex online, my sister met her boyfriend, I met several other people who I am now friend with. we knew people were paedophiles back then as well, but it was completely different situation and attitude to it.

Yes I realized the age rule, but dynamic IP's are a thing so if I get banned, well eh whatever.

I don't even use Instagram, I really only have FB messenger, I barely go on FB itself because I'm not really a fan of feeds, which may be surprising as I'm a 16 y/o

If you younger ones think 20 - 23 is a wonky time, Wait till you're about to turn 25. That is a real fucking cutoff of if you made it or not.
I do miss the old msn, old mmo days and general growing up stuff. But there is a whole world out there I want to tear up that I couldn't before, and I will.

Hey bro I'm gonna blow your mind and make your dick rock solid. Go to ToonamiAftermath.com and watch that shit. Your gonna shoot nostalgia out of your penis at Mach 3

good. don't wait. do what you want NOW

>what did I miss
the rules of this board

Thing is that everyone I know irl is the same as everyone I met irl, literally everyone I met online I never met, either because we never wanted to, or we simply were too far away.

i turned 22 in march and i have the same problem. lost my girlfriend when i was 21, everything is shit now.
i remember 2009 coming home from school and instantly turning on the pc, writing with my new teen gf and chatting with her and my friends all day and it was fun as fuck. i didnt care about anything and enjoyed life. now i dont have her anymore and somehow i hate all my friends and i like to be alone. the nostalgia of old games i played and the fun i had hits me really hard sometimes. i hate everything now. im going to an university and fail at everything,i dont know what to do with my life. i just want to get back to the old times when i didnt had to care about growing up...fuck.

>MSN Messenger and MMOs

The mid 2000's were the real shit for these two lol

I started going on this site when I was 12 and I'm 24 now. I never posted underage and just lurked.
Lurk more.

I, Mr phone poster, also reported you.

young oldfag spotted

Underage b&

I'm 25 now but I've made quite a bit of money, been through multiple breakups and dropped out of college.

Now I'm jobless and living off of savings, coming home and turning on the pc, talking to randoms girls on the internet who come and travel to fuck me.

It's not sustainable, but hey, I'm living the dream again.

that's one of today’s problems: same people online and irl. So I know what you mean. A thing about the past is that people were more anonymous back then too, which made it easier to start contacting each other. pretty soon it became clear if the person seemed fun and normal, or just fucked up.

You dream about MSN messenger?

>I'm living the dream again.
You're dreaming your living again

FTFY

>living Sup Forums's dream again

FTFY

you might be on the wrong website

how do you make them travel to you and fuck them?

wtf even I made it, she took a flight just to come and see me.

I was a good little boy with good principles and figured my underage opinion wasn't worth posting about on here, I'd rather just see how people interacted while.
I remember my first post even, after I hit 18 I helped a David out on here with some gpu tips.

Without giving away too much information, I am a content producer and online community organizer of sorts. This helps me meet e-whores relatively easily, and my position of "power" grants me an advantage as well.

Along with this, throughout my 20's I've gathered a lot of practice out in the real world, making up for the social skills I lacked in my younger years very quickly. If you put in some effort in adulthood, you'll realize that women (and people in general) aren't all that complicated- or different from you on a base level.

It basically comes down to talking to them in a time of need (really the same, but easier as having to date girls IRL), and becoming close- while making yourself desirable. If you have a valuable talent or skill, they will come, you just have to take advantage of it.

I have 7/10 looks and an average penis, none of this matters though. I'm guessing you are just entering your 20's or younger, you'll figure it out, just get out there in the world a bit and it'll all come organically.

tl;dr
travel is cheap, at least in the US, just make yourself desirable

because back then it was easy.
thats all to it.
Im 20 and until now I did everything to avoid responsibility.
But you cant really run away from it for long.
It's an ugly truth but you have to face it if you want to live a dignified life.

OP here

get the fuck out the board.

That's true, but... muh msn memories. I've lost contact to so many ppl I met on that thing and it makes me sad

this.

I was never on meds, but I guess something is wrong w me now.

there was always some shit going down in an MSN group chat