Ask a Gun Shop manager anything

Ask a Gun Shop manager anything.

~~~Saturday Night Special Edition~~~

Other urls found in this thread:

guns.com/2017/04/25/atf-reverses-decision-on-ar-arm-brace/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What do you manage?

what is the gun equivalent of a weeaboo that you have to put up with?

Pretty much everything but shop funds

favorite weapon

what software do you use to manage it?

are you waiting for the day some idiot tries to rob you/break in?

For my first pistol (home protection, not carrying, don't mind a smaller round if I get more capacity) should I buy something new or a used gun?

Been looking at a 1911. Just not sure if I should get a used Kimber or a new cheaper brand.

It is the end of the world - some event brings on total chaos and anarchy. You can choose one pistol and one rifle to carry around with you. Which do you choose?

Why are people who work in gun shops such insufferable douchebags.

Do you have battletoads?

can I get 2 tickets to the gun show?

Tactitard. They want every cool piece of equipment on their rifle without thinking of if they need it. Typically following everything the military has. They have this idea that "if its good enough for X its good enough for me". Kinda like no one gave a shit about the Sig P320 until the military chose it...now every kid on the block wants one.

Mauser C96

None, we use manual inventory. If we go electronic, the ATF is just going to store it in some government database even though they're not supposed to.

Nope, I enjoy my day to be calm and stress free.

Skip the 1911s, especially kimber. Stick with something with decent capacity. Home invaders are coming in numbers these days and you may not land every shot. You don't have to stick with 9mm, but if you must get a .45, get something with higher capacity. The Glock 21 hold 13 rounds of .45 Auto but has a grip to thick for most. A Glock 17 holds 34 rounds of 9mm and has a slimmer fit. Hit up your local shop and try a few different full size pistols and see which fits best for you.
Recomendations....
-Glock 17, 34 or 19
-S&W M&P9
-Canic TP9
-Springfield XD full size
just to mention a few but there are many good pistols out there outside that list.
Get something with a rail to add a light if its just for home.

Beretta 92A1 / Vepr (newer 7.62x39mm version)

Best sellers?

How much should I pay for a Five-seveN at a gun show?

thread sucks

been thinking about picking up a fn509. what would be the lowest price id be able to get?

Have you ever killed someone?

Never heard of a p320 until the trials. Picked one up at a closing gander mountain. Nice pistol, ill be picking up the 357 sig shit for it

What's the craziest/cringiest shit a customer's brought in and either tried to sell or have you work on?

Do you have a Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range?

Best three pistols, rifles, and shotguns under $500

Dude as a 1911fag. Get a 1911. Sure you could go capacity if you wanted but I'm more accurate with my 1911 than any of my strikers.

Yes. Not op.

incorporate a fully functional semi-automatic machine pistol into a big black dildo

why do you keep making this thread? are you just pretending? or do you actually work at a fucking stupid ass gun store and then spend your free time talking about working at a fucking stupid ass gun store?

what can you get me for about tree fiddy?

Some people try to be know-it-alls and think selling guns puts you at some higher standard than others. It gives the costumer a bad vibe and intimidates new gun owners. You just need to find the right shop. I don't treat my customers like shit like ive experienced other places. We're known for being friendly.

No. Id like to play it one day.

Once we start going to shows, of course.

Glock 19
Any AK pistol
Any AR priced under $600
SCCY pistol
Hi-Point carbines
M&P Shields
XDS 45's
Cobra pistols

$1300 new, $900 or less used.

help make it better and ask a decent question

No more than $599.99.

No

It's a very okay pistol in my opinion. There are better polymer pistols out there for better prices. The Trigger is very okay and feels like it will give off lots of light strikes.

-shitty spray paint jobs
-horrible stippling jobs
-NFA violations
-accessories taking up every available inch of rail space
-Parts dremeled to fit guns they weren't meant to

Somewhere in back

Mossberg 500 or Reminton 870? I'm leaning towards the Mossberg because of control placement and weight, but a friend of mine thinks they're mechanically inferior.

What's your choice of general purpose pump-action shotgun? Super Nova's right out. I can't afford that shit.

>better poly pistol
You have my attention. Of all my striker fired pistols, it's definitely the best out of the box

Go to a pawn shop and buy a cheap used 870.

do any Muslims come into your shop?

Mr. Gun Shop Manager,
how do i get a girlfriend? I mean im a pretty cool guy why dont gals like me?

Why watches at 0 $?

List is assuming no .22s
Are the pistols for carry or do you want something full size?

Rifles
-M&P15 / Ruger AR556
-Used WASR
-SKS
-Savage Axis
-Ruger American

Shotguns
-Stevens 320
-Mossberg 500
-Rem 870
-ATI TacPX2
-Any used non-collector grade Winchester.

stay salty

Any Hipoint, cobra, Phoenix, or SCCY firearms
M&P shield
Any Bersa Thunder .380 or BP series.

how's it feel knowing that a lot of your guns are going to end up in the hands of inner city youths? what, do we have an ammendment to live in fear of each other?

nice arguement

>inner city youths
Just stop living near negro ville

Do you sell any automatics at all, even after the ban after 1968

Without legal trade in firearms, only the bad guys will have guns, and it only gets worse from there. As long as OP is doing his part to not sell to convicted felons, it's not his fault that Tyrone's going to get shot by the police (or the owner) when he robs the liquor store with a black market ghetto blaster.

Plenty.

Be confident and dont come off as eager. Learn to love yourself too first if you havent already.

Plenty of inner city youths buy firearms from me. If I feel they will be irresponsible, I wont sell to them. Ive made plenty of sales as well as denied them. You've failed to present what the problem is exactly.

No, we are not a class 3 dealer, and the ban was on May 19, 1986.

when you say learn to love myself what do you mean? like keep my car and house clean? or should i just send ladies pictures of my pecker so that they know i keep it clean

option B

If you dislike yourself to the core over anything, you need to fix that. Take care of yourself in your health and life choices. Show women you give a shit about more than yourself. Leave the pecker to yourself unless you find some Tindr slut thats down for that. They are simply toys and not GF material though.

Ole broom handle. Nice. I want one to go with my k98kurz

whats the price on the norinco SKS-D now?
thanks shop dude

How do you feel about background checks for purchases? How do you feel about that little wait period you have to wait before getting your gun after purchase? Also, your personal preference for home protection?

Thats some damn good advice. Whats your favorite way to clean carbon off a rifle? do you just use clp and elbow grease or do you get down on it

why does it take 8 months and $200 to get cleared by the BATF for a SBR

Should go down soon now that the ATF isn't under king nig's command.

You're able to shoulder weapon braces now.

You should start giving Muslims goats instead of guns. Business will boom

Wait, really? Have a link to an article on the new sig brace ruling?

Whats the oldest gun you got in the shop?

I have a bit of a brown and black bear issue where I live and was wondering what the best suppressed weapon would be to defend myself. I ask that it be suppressed because its not exactly legal to discharge a firearm in the area.

guns.com/2017/04/25/atf-reverses-decision-on-ar-arm-brace/

if you have to shoot a bear local ordinance is not going to be an issue hah

Not sure, check Gun Broker to see what they are moving for these days. Most shops don't deal surplus goods since there are few distributors for them and year, condition, markings, etc heavily influence price.

They help prevent the wrong things from getting in the wrong hands. A delay is simply the FBI not being able to clear you at that moment, but other than that, manditory waiting periods are pointless.

Sig MPX SBR, suppressed for home defense.

High input, low output on a manual process of checking your background and making sure all trust/LLC/etc info is legal.

I just file for the tax stamp. I can hrowany actual stock I want on it and don't need to worry once the ATF inevitably changes their mind again.

Some old Carcano from the early 1900's

An AR in .300BLK, Subsonic .308 or .30-06

Double check your local laws to see if discharge in defense is exempt. Most municipal code holds such exemption.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Do you diy any toys?
Saw something interesting a few months ago involving ball bearings and magnetic coils

Recommend a bolt action .22 that is cheap, works great and isn't made by CZ or Savage.

Shit, man. Still kind of sketches me out, tbh, but at least it's something.

Ruger American Rimfire

How many guns have you stuck up your ass simultaneously? Do patrons know every gun you sell has been inside your ass?

Do gunstores get paid extra to peddle glocks? Every single one is always trying to sell you a glock.

No, I thought about it but I mainly just do 3d models of firearms ive come up with as well as mechanisms. Ill make them one day shall I get the equipment

This is why I just pay my $200. Plus some NFA stuff cant be mocked up.

None yet

Nope. Glocks make very little money. Most shop workers just want to make an easy sale. Glocks are simple, not super expensive, heavily customizable, and reliable.

Why do you say Glocks make very little money. Also why don't they put a regular safety on their guns? The one on the trigger kind of sucks. What do you think?

What gun you recommend to defend against Jew?

Loose change

Dealer cost isnt far from the price that they move. A dealer can ask near MSRP, but they will sit on them for a long time.

External safety switches were not in the original design of the Glock 17 and Glock inst known for changing their pistols as afar as functionality goes. There is no practical need for a safety on modern striker fired pistols.

The trigger feels squishy because the striker is not fully cocked. The resistance of the striker spring is the cause for it but it can be remedied with a drop in overtravel stop, upgraded safety plunger, and lightened connector.

Im not the biggest fan of glocks personally, but they are far from a bad gun.

Any Palestinian made firearm.

STG44, definitely. If you can't afford it, or you live in cuckistan, I guess a Mauser 98 would work ok enough.

Why not just load upshotgun shells with quarters?

Everyone wins!